Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Hammond

D

Deleted member 18477

The team plays best when hammond is in the team. Even if he has a below par game.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
He may not look good but he does give the team more control over the tempo.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Absolute load of rubbish, we look much stronger with him in the team and he won the ball back on several occasions, his passing can be frustrating at times but he really helps out Bridders when we're under siege.

First reply nails it. Take a bow. I was NOT a fan of bringing him back here (still remember that gesture) but he was fantastic today in a game where I thought he'd look out of his depth.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I didn't want Hammond back originally and still don't think he rings anything to the team. He is REALLY slow and does always look to play the ball backwards. Played well today but would still prefer to see Dicker or Vicente play

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
am i reading right? i thought hammond was one of our best players today the side is better with hammond in it for sure

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Hammond is a very important player for us. He doesn't do anything flash or cocky but he battles for everything. He lost the ball a couple of times in the second half but he was up against quality opposition.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I am not talking about one specific game here. I am talking about this on a continual basis week in week out. I think he is poor and adds limited amount to our team that others could do. He hardly sets the world on fire with his performances every week.. The odd game he might actually play ok, but generally he is one of our weaker players IMO

If that's the case then your sense of timing is awesomely off. He often seems to have a pedestrian game for us but today he played his best; at one point early on striding majestically through the midfield and leaving Champions League players in his wake. Twice he got caught with the ball but overall, a great performance. Give the guy a break

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Last season one of the biggest things we lacked was strength in the middle of the park, poor Liam was having to do everything on his own (and doing bloody well at it), but now he has Hammond alongside him as a bodyguard, breaking up play etc. Liam has gone onto a different level again...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hammond's best performance in an Albion shirt today, worked his arse off and was absolute superb, especially in the first half.

mugstud

Jan 28, 2012
He's a bit like Gilberto was for Arsenal. He rarely does anything in a game that'll make you stand up and applaud, but he breaks things up and keeps things moving by getting the ball for and to the players that can start the attacks. The only time you miss a player like that is when he's not playing.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Thought the whole team stepped it up today, Hammond was superb I thought, the other one who seem to step it up a gear today was LuaLua, I think if it wasn't for the forced subs we had to make, Vicente would have played a big part I am sure. The Arsenal back four looked pretty dodgy all day.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
hammond has been brilliant for the last month or so, we look solid with him in midfield

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Hammond was involved in so much today he obviously now and then made a few mistakes he wanted to get on the ball all The time ( no not like the Swansea ballboy ) , worked his socks off but I do agree is struggling for pace especially in the last 20 mins of games
Good game today though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here