Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Hammond

rjbseagull

Apr 27, 2010
Bare in mind his height adds a lot to the team as well. Pretty economical with the ball as well, which is very much in tune with what Poyet wants.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
he's useful to have in the team because of his height and strength but it's becoming more and more noticeable that as the clock ticks past the hour mark his game starts to deteriorate because of his lack of fitness - he starts to dive and slide into tackles, his passes go astray, he gets caught on the ball and the game just goes on around him. With no Crofts Gus had to stick with him.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I don't rate Hammond at all but he had a very good first half. He was back to his usual self in the second half and I agree that he doesn't really add a lot to the side. I still can't really understand why we resigned him.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Another vote for Hammond he had a good game today messing the Arse midfield up and did not allow them to set the pace.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
I am not talking about one specific game here. I am talking about this on a continual basis week in week out. I think he is poor and adds limited amount to our team that others could do. He hardly sets the world on fire with his performances every week.. The odd game he might actually play ok, but generally he is one of our weaker players IMO

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
on what basis? - Thanks for your intellectual comments by the way. I do have a clue, I just disagree with you and it makes me clueless... Brilliant.

Not intended as a pop at you directly, but if you honestly can't see the defensive work he puts in then I do question you "having a clue". Of course it would be nice if we could have another flair player in that position, but as amazing as Bridcutt is, that would leave the defensive mid role to him alone and the team wouldn't have any balance, that seems pretty obvious doesn't it?

You complain he is not quick, fair enough he does lack pace, but if he had real pace as well to his game he would still be at Southampton in the Premier League.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Wrong. Hammond has been really good lately and was again today. I think he makes a big difference to our team with his quality and experience and has been a real success this season.

Too much positivity on the board tonight so you had to find something to moan about?

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
Farehamseagull;5471704. Too much positivity on the board tonight so you had to find something to moan about?[/QUOTE said:
Yeah thats right..sorry for not kissing everyone's arse 1000000% of the time and daring to have an opinion that doesn't follow the majority on here. Got nothing to do with moaning at all. Its an opinion. I haven't moaned about him, I stated I think he doesn't add anyhthing to the team.

Lush

Mods' Pet
he's useful to have in the team because of his height and strength but it's becoming more and more noticeable that as the clock ticks past the hour mark his game starts to deteriorate because of his lack of fitness - he starts to dive and slide into tackles, his passes go astray, he gets caught on the ball and the game just goes on around him. With no Crofts Gus had to stick with him.

I agree with this. I find him a very frustrating player. You never know whether he' going to do something good, mediocre or really quite poor, unlike, say Bridcutt.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Yeah thats right..sorry for not kissing everyone's arse 1000000% of the time and daring to have an opinion that doesn't follow the majority on here. Got nothing to do with moaning at all. Its an opinion. I haven't moaned about him, I stated I think he doesn't add anyhthing to the team.

Maybe the majority don't agree with you because you are wrong?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Hammond is the weak link in this team.. His lack of pace is ridiculous. watching him run is painful. He lost the ball so many times and gave it away today. I honestly don't see what he gives us that Dicker or any of the other midfielder does? . His initial instinct is to pass it sideways or backwards all the time..

Stick in Vicente instead of him and this team is going places.. Ulloa looks absolutely awesome up front. Can't wait till he is fit enough for 90 mins. (got so tired at 70 and Poyet made the right shout (IMO))

All in all a positive performance, but please can we get rid of Hammond, he really is poor.

You were watching a completely different game to the 23999 Brighton fans then. He was my mom in first half against a CHAMPIONS LEAGUE TEAM

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here