Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Hammond tried to sign

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Here we go another rumour. No doubt some will not believe it, but I post what I have been told. I was told by a relative of a current player that Dean Hammond spoke to Dick Knight the day that we signed Murray to say that he really wanted to stay and was willing to negotiate. The response was broadly "too late, we're selling you anyway, cos we need the money"

If the above is true and I have no reason to disbelieve the source as they have been very reliable in the past, and have no gripe against DK, then frankly I am shocked.

It seems to me that DK is starting to think that he is bigger than anybody at the club and that if anyone doesn't toe the line he is out. That may be okay in some businesses but frankly it just doesn't work in football. You are dealing with lots of young men who are fairly well paid and talent comes at a price. Either you accept that or we will always struggle. DK is living in some kind of Utopian past where players got paid £100 a week and didn't have agents.

The fact that DK failed to offer Hammond an extension to his contract last season is poor, leaving it again in the summer is even worse, but to not have secured one of the best midfielders we have had for several years is frankly a flippin disgrace.

I thought the point of investing in the squad was to improve it not go backwards. What the hell is going on???

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
i heard that DK offered hammond 3 options: a new contract, a place on the transfer list or a mystery prize behind a shimmering nylon curtain. He obviously left and I can't help but wonder what was behind the curtain.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I appreciate you may have heard this third hand but Hammond didn't have to go anywhere until the end of the season. Even if he was sat in the reserves he still had his contract to see through.

So there is no way DK could have forced him out unless he paid his contract up.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I appreciate you may have heard this third hand but Hammond didn't have to go anywhere until the end of the season. Even if he was sat in the reserves he still had his contract to see through.

would he have wanted to rot in the reserves at this stage in his career though? IF that is true, then he was told he was out either way, and at 24/25 playing reserve team football is not what a player needs

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

What reserve team, they hardly ever play. So he was never going to be in the shop window there was he?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
would he have wanted to rot in the reserves at this stage in his career though? IF that is true, then he was told he was out either way, and at 24/25 playing reserve team football is not what a player needs

The chairman made it clear that he wasn't welcome anymore. Given the lad has been with BHA since a young age you can imagine that being told that by the Chairman you previously respected would leave you fairly downhearted. No one would chose to go to Colchester!!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
A load of shit.

Bottom line is, Dean Hammond didn't have to join Colchester. If it was the case as you said, he could have refused to join them, so I'd say it a bit of billy bullshit

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
A load of shit.

Bottom line is, Dean Hammond didn't have to join Colchester. If it was the case as you said, he could have refused to join them, so I'd say it a bit of billy bullshit

but IF he had been told that he wouldnt play for us again and that HE had to go - as is being suggested - he is hardly likely to stick around for reserve team football and playing for a club, or chairman, who doesnt want him

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
A load of shit.

Okay, put yourself in his shoes. You work for a company for several years, you work your arse off, are popular with your work colleagues and your direct manager, and you idolise the company you work for and the whole ethos of the place. One day you are told by the Chairman of that company that you will not be allowed to work in the company again, you can sit in the corner and watch everyone else but basically you're not welcome. At the same time another company approach you offer you more money and a chance to work properly again. What would you do? Honestly some people have not got a clue.

DK wanted to play the big I am "I've made the biggest signing this club has made in 25 years". Once that happened Hammond was history. All that crap about DK still wanting Hammond to stay was complete shit and I would rather DK was just honest about it.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
but IF he had been told that he wouldnt play for us again and that HE had to go - as is being suggested - he is hardly likely to stick around for reserve team football and playing for a club, or chairman, who doesnt want him
What, sat out the last 3 months of the season, and then got a massive signing on fee (Colchester would have had 250k extra) at the end of it. No he wouldn't do that would he:shootself

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
What, sat out the last 3 months of the season, and then got a massive signing on fee (Colchester would have had 250k extra) at the end of it. No he wouldn't do that would he:shootself

No he wouldn't actually. Not many players would chose that option I don't think.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

say colchester are desparate for players - they cant sign hammond, they get another midfielder in. hammond ends up not playing football for three months, falls off of the radar and is left with an uncertain future come june

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Sorry but that sounds like a load of sh*t.

Dean Hammond has maintained all along that the reason he was hesitating to sign was he wanted the club to show ambition they done that by the talent we have brought in yet he still did not sign.

To try and keep him the club offered an improved contract with a get out clause if we did not make promotion this year so if the club did not deliver we would not hold him back from his Championship ambitions. Once again Hammond did not sign

Hammond has never said he was not happy with the money on offer so looks more to me a player after an extra bit of quid (and fair enough if thats what he wants) but why not come out and be f*cking honest about it!!

In these circumstances what choice did the club have and I for one applaud them for getting 250k instead of him walking into the sunset for nothing in the summer

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Okay, put yourself in his shoes. You work for a company for several years, you work your arse off, are popular with your work colleagues and your direct manager, and you idolise the company you work for and the whole ethos of the place. One day you are told by the Chairman of that company that you will not be allowed to work in the company again, you can sit in the corner and watch everyone else but basically you're not welcome. At the same time another company approach you offer you more money and a chance to work properly again. What would you do? Honestly some people have not got a clue.

DK wanted to play the big I am "I've made the biggest signing this club has made in 25 years". Once that happened Hammond was history. All that crap about DK still wanting Hammond to stay was complete shit and I would rather DK was just honest about it.
You are trying to shit stir, and your story is frankly a load of bollocks. Is your brain small enough to believe Hammond wouldn't play again??? Do you not think it would come out the reason he's not playing?

What would I do? I would be left out, as you put it, and explain to anyone who listened why I wasn't playing. The media would have a field day with it, and it would properly finish Dick Knight.

I'm no big fan of Dick Knight, and could tell you some 'proper' stories, ie Wayne Henderson. But I get pissed off, when f***ing c**** like you, come on here and try and shit stir, with a total load of bollocks.

You have no f***ing clue what you are on about, and frankly your story makes you sound like a c***.

Do you really think Dick Knight could freeze Hammond out without us knowing about it. And do you really think he would still be chairman at this football club, if he did and the fans found out. And you say I haven't got a clue?!?!?!
Now go away and think some other anti-Dick shit up, but next time make it half believe, you prick

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
say colchester are desparate for players - they cant sign hammond, they get another midfielder in. hammond ends up not playing football for three months, falls off of the radar and is left with an uncertain future come june
And, and say the queen suddenly discovers she has a dick, she'd be a King. Honestly you are grabbing at straws now. Just say you think Dick Knight's a c*** and move on.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
You are trying to shit stir, and your story id frankly a load of bollocks. Is your brain small enough to believe Hammond wouldn't play again??? Do you not think it would come out the reason he's not playing?

What would I do? I would be left out, as you put it, and explain to anyone who listened why I wasn't playing. The media would have a field day with it, and it would properly finish Dick Knight.

I'm no big fan of Dick Knight, and could tell you some 'proper' stories, ie Wayne Henderson. But I get pissed off, when f***ing ****s like you, come on here and try and shit stir, with a total load of bollocks.

You have no f***ing clue what you are on about, and frankly your story makes you sound like a c***.

Do you really think Dick Knight could freeze Hammond out without us knowing about it. And do you really think he would still be chairman at this football club, if he did and the fans found out. And you say I haven't got a clue?!?!?!
Now go away and think some other anti-Dick shit up, but next time make it half believe, you prick

I only passed on what I had been told, no need to abuse me!!! Some people on here....

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
And, and say the queen suddenly discovers she has a dick, she'd be a King. Honestly you are grabbing at straws now. Just say you think Dick Knight's a c*** and move on.

and saying that he would sit in the reserves, not play for three months and still get a huge signing on fee from colchester isnt?!

nobody knows what really happened, its just SPECULATION

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I only passed on what I had been told, no need to abuse me!!! Some people on here....
No you didn't. You passed on the crap you were told, then went on the attack against Dick Knight. So you didn't ONLY passs on what you had been told. It's getting very boring.

Dick Knight is a business man. He works to make money. He is at the Albion to make money. Why the f*** do you think he sold Hammond? To save the club money. If hammond signed a new deal, we could have sold him at the end of the season, and got more than the 250k, based on the fact he wouldn't have us over a barrel.

So while you don't think I have a reason to abuse you, I don't think you have a reason to slag of the chairman without knowing facts.

As I said, I'm no big fan of the chairman, but until pricks like you, and there's plenty on here, stop making up shit and trying to drive a wedge in between everything and everybody at the club, I will contineue to abuse pratts like you.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

I would just like to take you up on one point in your very aggresive post.
Just what could the fans do to get DK out if he had taken this action against Hammond.
Also dont forget that DK had already informed Wilkins that Savage would not play again.

Dont take this as me having a pop at DK, but I am interested just how fans would have taken action against DK?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here