Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Hammond Hits Rock Bottom

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Oh dear Colchester look like they are exiting the Championship bar a miracle.....

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Shame, I did like Hammond, but I will surely be booing him next season. Barring a miracle (us going up, they're finished :thumbsup: ).

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
can welcome him back to withdean next season then

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If he doesnt play so spectacularly well that another championship club comes in for him :jester:

gs71

Nov 26, 2007
His girlfriend Rachel was at our game last night and she is still really pissed off that he left us and thinks Colchester are a lot worse than us. She still looked very fit though!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Never really rated him. Yes he did get forward from midfield and score some good goals but my overiding memory of him is a kamikaze and often two footed tackle virtually every game and nowhere near consistent enough. Probably better than we have but that doesn't mean he's that good and it seems DW is trying to address the situation so we'll almost cetainly end up with someone better. Also, if his transfer fee went towards funding Murray or the loan players we are getting then it was a good bit of business, not to be turned down imo.

Gonna regret leaving us I reckon

Last edited:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I liked Hammond, Brighton born player and season by season he improved into a good league one player.

I have no problem with players leaving to better themselves...its what we all want to do career wise and im sure the money was maybe a little more. But I dont get players who leave to go to clubs that dont really improve their careers.

Fair play to Bobby Z,Dan Harding,Adam Virgo,Danny Cullip...some worked out and some didnt....

But to leave us for colchester...is a fcuking insult...he talks about championship ambition....colchester are a smaller club than us by a long shot.....and I think its rather sad that a brighton boy has left us to join a joke outfit like them.......

Well done deano...
:laugh:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
bas regreats leaving
bertin regrets leaving
and im CERTAIN hammond will be regretting his decision also.

All from agents advising for more money.....all proving again dick 'tight' was offering a good deal for them all along.

Moving to Colchester was just moving for the sake of leaving somewhere where he had made himself unwanted as such.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
All together now...........

You should've stayed at a big club
:lol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
To be honest if the bloke is getting more cash at Colchester then good luck to him. Over the last ten years though very few players who have left this club have gone on to better things. I won't gloat over Colchester going down but I reckon that they could go into free fall next season. Hammond would have been wiser to hang on till the end of the season even if he was playing for the reserves. All Colchester do is allow him to take a better class of beating.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here