Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Hammond - a bad signing for footballing reasons.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Have to agree. Don't like the man but beyond that argument I just don't think he's a particularly good footballer at this level, does a very good invisible man impression. With Bridcutt & Crofts as first choice holding pair and Dicker, Sparrow, Vincelot & Harley all still at the club...is he really worth having? Other than Harley I'm not sure he's better than what we already have.

captained a side that won promotion from this league last season - better than Dicker, harley, sparrow and vincelot in my opinion. Good enough for me, regardless of over celeberating a goal.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
Most will 'give the lad a chance' and find him to be exactly the same player who left us years ago - but older. Many will post threads commenting on this. People like you will respond criticising the 'negativity' of said fans for criticising one of our own for being an average player. There is no way to fairly comment on an internet forum without dealing with - frankly - extremists from either contradictory viewpoint in almost any subject.

Sorry you don't know me. I can perfectly appreciate when players aren't good enough for the level of football we are playing. I just don't see the Hammond signing as a big deal as I don't think he will be that important. Just a useful addition to the squad.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
There are dozens of players out there he could have signed. It's not even a position we need someone in. He must know Hammond is hated here so for me its more proof that Poyet is interested in nobody but himself. I don't really want a man like that in charge of my team. I'd rather somebody who respected the wishes of the people who pay his wages.

i dont know why poyet didnt ring us all and get the ok to sign hammond - what a f***ing joker he is and what a joke club we have got.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
What's good for Poyet right now is good for the Albion. What's good for the Albion is good for Albion fans.

I'm struggling to understand why we need so many midfielders, but Gus must have a plan somewhere in that crazy looking head of his. Let's see how that works out, eh?

i would imagine that sparrow and vincelot will go out on loan ( maybe harley)? Contracts run down and be released. I guess he was never going to play a standard 442 with a big striker so not overly surprised we didnt sign one. Plan A pass the opporsition to death. Plan B pas the oppostion to death. Good enough for me!

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
It is a forum. To discuss things and give opinions. Opine for me in my thread, don't question my worthiness to give my view. Or get out.

But your opinion is a load of drivel. Look how El Abd has improved in recent years. What's to say Hammond hasn't done the same.

Give the guy a chance to at least turn up to training before you tear him a new asshole! Jeez!!!!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
But is what is good for Poyet good for us in the long run? To me, all he wants to do is spend money, sign high profile players and get us promoted asap so that he can leave for a bigger job. I'm far from convinced that's the best route for BHAFC. It's exciting I know, but where does it leave us in three years?

Agreed on the midfielders though. There must be a casualty coming up that we haven't realised. I can't see him dropping Bridcutt, Vicente or Crofts though, which makes me question whether it was worth dragging up the Hammond issue just to sit him on the bench.

Unless Gus has concluded that we will be lucky to get more than a dozen games from Vicente this season due to his injuries.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
But is what is good for Poyet good for us in the long run? To me, all he wants to do is spend money, sign high profile players and get us promoted asap so that he can leave for a bigger job. I'm far from convinced that's the best route for BHAFC. It's exciting I know, but where does it leave us in three years?

Agreed on the midfielders though. There must be a casualty coming up that we haven't realised. I can't see him dropping Bridcutt, Vicente or Crofts though, which makes me question whether it was worth dragging up the Hammond issue just to sit him on the bench.

in the premier league with a host of world class managers wanting to manage us if poyet did decide to leave, wow what a stupid idea trying to get the team you manage promoted as quickly as possible.

I for one would never forgive Poyet if he got us promoted to the premier league - especially if he did it asap :facepalm::facepalm:

D

Deleted member 22389

Hammond, Hammond, Hammond. Ok this is embarrassing now.

Sorry did I dream we signed three other players today?

This forum is depressing. Instead of focusing on some fantastic new additions this forum is awash with negativity.

I reckon if we signed Rooney there would be people complaining we haven't signed Falcao.

Completely 100% Agreed. So far this season we have made 7 new additions + Vicente all of Championship, Premiership and La Liga quality. Shall I repeat, Championship, Premiership and La Liga quality.

In all my years of supporting Brighton apart from the FA Cup final, Play off final at Cardiff and our brief stint in The Championship, these have got to be some of the most exciting times for this club. I am finally getting to experience what my dad and what my grandfather did in the 70's and early 80's as I was too young to understand what it all meant, both have now sadly passed away.

Some people really need to get a f**g grip and stop questioning these signings and get behind the time. Whatever Hammonds past is, he moved on for footballing and money reasons at the time. He is now back, he is a Brighton player and most importantly a local lad, so for f**ks sake please support him when he runs out in the stripes again.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
There is having an opinion and then there is just lying. You are a just making it up as you go along. Can't wait to have a go at him? Take a look through my posts and you'll find I usually do no such thing.

OK well if you don't think you are constantly sniping at him then good for you but maybe you should look at your previous posts. But as a case in point you are critising Poyet for potentially getting us promoted to the Premier league to get another job (how do you look to get promoted in your line of work out of interest?). Where does that leave us? Err..... A bit richer for a start. BTW he doesn't sign the players - the board do.

Should he strive for League 2 instead?

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
He may well have done, but I think Orlandi is Vicente's deputy for the attacking central role. I think Lopez, Barnes, Buckley and KLL will fight it out for wide spots. That leaves Hammond trying to displace Bridcutt or Crofts, with Dicker the other option. So there is going to be somebody in the centre missing out. Hopefully Hammond.

It's probably best if you don't think. We don't want you come to any harm, Mr Troll.

Jonesy

Aug 7, 2011
A great league 1 midfielder, busy and committed. For the championship I'm not sure. Seems safe to me ...

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
A great league 1 midfielder, busy and committed. For the championship I'm not sure. Seems safe to me ...

He was the first name on the teamsheet and captain for a team that got promoted two seasons in a row... Do you not rate crofts as championship quality either? :ffsparr:

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
You're deliberately misreading what I said so I'd normally ignore you, but I just want to point out there will never be a host of world class managers trying to manage us.

no i am reading exactly what you wrote - i even went to the trouble of highlighting it to make it simple for you - but please carry on you are very amusing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here