Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] De Zerbi was NOT “sacked”

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I don't get the increasing vitriol for our former managers. Hughton, Potter, De Zerbi are all part of the journey that got us to where we are now. Just as Poyet was. Even Hyppia was important as mistakes made then undoubtedly formed better judgement moving forwards.

I respect them all (yes even Potter) for what they did for us.
Absolutely this. They were all the right people at the right time. Hughton did a brilliant, pragmatic job to keep us up twice with players of much lower ability. Potter made us ridiculously comfortable in possession as the squad evolved. De Zerbi took that, turbo-charged it and filled the players and club with belief. Hurzeler has several hard acts to follow but a lot of talent at his disposal.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
I don't get the increasing vitriol for our former managers. Hughton, Potter, De Zerbi are all part of the journey that got us to where we are now. Just as Poyet was. Even Hyppia was important as mistakes made then undoubtedly formed better judgement moving forwards.

I respect them all (yes even Potter) for what they did for us.
Yep.
That's not the modern way, sadly. FH will get the same treatment when he leaves. It's embarrassing, but that seems to be where humans are in 2024. Going backwards.
Yep.

Not really anything else left to be said. Thread ignored from now on.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I see the new era of playing the ball and not the man is going well….. 🤦‍♂️
When someone says....

As I see, its not trolling. I just know/understand more football related things than other people. The vast majority of posts I do here is to explain how things work. Its pretty difficult. "No, we're not getting relegated due to no £20m signing coming in". "Yes, we're likely to improve next year despite a lack of signings because all the players are 12 years old". Year out year in. Currently trying to explain to people that 37 players are too many in a PL squad.
There is no fact to dispute, just the undeserving chutzpah and hubris of a failed local politician.

Swanny has taken the ball off the field and run back onto the pitch, thumbing his nose at NSC.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Knowledge or your opinion?

Depends on the subject. Sometimes I have knowledge, sometimes opinions.

To refer to the examples mentioned in the post you quoted, I know that Danny Welbeck wasn't out injured for large parts of the last season. Or season before that. I know this because he was playing professional football nearly every week.

Everyone intelligent enough to be able to use either their memory or google.com to aquire information can confirm and verify that Welbeck isn't always injured. When people still claim this, and it happens often, its not because they have "opinions I don't agree with" - its because they're either dumb, lazy or cognitively falling apart.

That's knowledge.

Now obviously and admittedly, perspectives about manager qualities are technically always opinion-based, because some people might think that bullying players, being unable to defend, being unable to score, explicitly being unable to motivate players, trashtalking everyone around them, cuddling with Romano etc. is the kind of manager they prefer. All opinions, youknow.

If Brighton get relegated playing dire football, it may or may not align with your opinions - knowledge doesn't come into play.

However, Tony Bloom has knowledge about football. I mean real knowledge: specific detail into what makes a team win or lose, what makes a squad happy or unhappy, what makes you go and buy his football brand and what doesn't. He has an opinion about football (likes to win games etc.) and he's aquired the knowledge necessary to make his opinions reality.

None of us share his knowledge, and only those able to use google.com or their brains are capable of building even the slightest understanding. This is how I was able to say in January that Roberto would be gone at the end of the season, either sacked or picked up by some poor deluded club somewhere.

The knowledge about how to materialise his opinions - that we should be successful - meant the end for RDZ, and the emotions from the Zerbi & Hove Albion fans counted for sod all.

To a large number of fans, De Zerbi will always be a hero and fantastic manager.
To those running the club, he wasn't good enough and had to go.

TLDR: Sometimes opinions, sometimes knowledge.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
When someone says....

There is no fact to dispute, just the undeserving chutzpah and hubris of a failed local politician.

Swanny has taken the ball off the field and run back onto the pitch, thumbing his nose at NSC.
To be fair, catching up on this thread just now was one of the funniest things I've read in ages.

It's like some sort of insane collective performance art project.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
This is getting very exciting and I’ve still got 3 pages to read at the time of writing

I’m going to guess a pre season flounce and a return before the Ipswich game

X

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

To refer to the examples mentioned in the post you quoted, I know that Danny Welbeck wasn't out injured for large parts of the last season. Or season before that. I know this because he was playing professional football nearly every week.

Everyone intelligent enough to be able to use either their memory or google.com to aquire information can confirm and verify that Welbeck isn't always injured. When people still claim this, and it happens often, its not because they have "opinions I don't agree with" - its because they're either dumb, lazy or cognitively falling apart.

That's knowledge.

Now obviously and admittedly, perspectives about manager qualities are technically always opinion-based, because some people might think that bullying players, being unable to defend, being unable to score, explicitly being unable to motivate players, trashtalking everyone around them, cuddling with Romano etc. is the kind of manager they prefer. All opinions, youknow.

If Brighton get relegated playing dire football, it may or may not align with your opinions - knowledge doesn't come into play.

However, Tony Bloom has knowledge about football. I mean real knowledge: specific detail into what makes a team win or lose, what makes a squad happy or unhappy, what makes you go and buy his football brand and what doesn't. He has an opinion about football (likes to win games etc.) and he's aquired the knowledge necessary to make his opinions reality.

None of us share his knowledge, and only those able to use google.com or their brains are capable of building even the slightest understanding. This is how I was able to say in January that Roberto would be gone at the end of the season, either sacked or picked up by some poor deluded club somewhere.

The knowledge about how to materialise his opinions - that we should be successful - meant the end for RDZ, and the emotions from the Zerbi & Hove Albion fans counted for sod all.

To a large number of fans, De Zerbi will always be a hero and fantastic manager.

If you speak to people like you post to them I'll be surprised if you don't have a bloody nose by the end of the conversation.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
'Bring back Swanny' they said. 'I really miss his contributions' they complained.

This is on them.

I, for one, am learning a lot. Mainly how NOT to come across as an arrogant, argumentative know-it-all. You'd think I'd you were given a second chance (after crossing a line) you'd try and blend in. But oh no, not our resident pizza-box bothering, GPott-obsessed Scandinavian.

What a shame.
Have to say I continue to value Swanny's contributions. On the whole, in his Second Coming (not that he ever really went away) he's played nice. Albeit with the occasional relapse :lol: For sure he loves to provoke a reaction, but it's usually quite entertaining. And there's always the Ignore User function if you find that what he posts winds you up too much. His personal tragedy imho is that he's squandering his time on the messageboard of a foreign football club instead of monetising his peculiar talents in the Swedish media. Google 'Julie Burchill' Swanny :wink:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Have to say I continue to value Swanny's contributions. On the whole, in his Second Coming (not that he ever really went away) he's played nice. Albeit with the occasional relapse :lol: For sure he loves to provoke a reaction, but it's usually quite entertaining. And there's always the Ignore User function if you find that what he posts winds you up too much. His personal tragedy imho is that he's squandering his time on the messageboard of a foreign football club instead of monetising his peculiar talents in the Swedish media. Google 'Julie Burchill' Swanny :wink:
This year the garden has been a disaster. There's bindweed all over the place. To start with I was daily pulling it off all the plants. Lately I've given up and it's now choking many of my plants. Like Solo you can attempt to fight back, then eventually you give in, all that happens is it ruins the whole board. Ignoring him makes a complete mess of most threads.

Pliny the Gull

Mar 4, 2024

That's knowledge.

Swapped reading your posts now, for the photo copier maintenance manual in the office

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
We should not be allowed to ignore him.

His wisdom is such that we should subscribe if we like it or not.

A bit like the BBC

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
When someone says....

You could just be the bigger guy and not get involved unless of course his comments need moderation 🤷

Reactions: cjd

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not for me, Clive.

Personally, I have no interest in 'ignoring' other posters. And he doesn't wind me up - I don't engage and only skim read his 'expertise'. But he clearly, unnecessarily IMO, gets to others.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
From reading this board I would say 95% of us didn’t find it a shock when RDZ & TB parted ways.
Of course we all enjoyed the ride and trip to the Europa league that RDZ provided just as TB did.
Relationships break down no big deal and again we move on.
What ever DeZerbi does now good luck to him at least he lives for football and not the ££’s like our Nordic posters idol.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Not for me, Clive.

Personally, I have no interest in 'ignoring' other posters. And he doesn't wind me up - I don't engage and only skim read his 'expertise'. But he clearly, unnecessarily IMO, gets to others.
Ignoring posters - especially ones who post high volume of posts - disrupts the flow of the thread. You also miss any threads posted by them (I had to unignore a user as I couldn't understand why there wasn't a thread about a potential manager candidate of ours). Ignore thread is the answer for me, the users I'm stuck with.

Anyway, roll on Saturday. Our first competitive game to build up our new bloke or at least start the process of #Fabienout if we get done by a sucker punch Dycheball goal.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Ignoring posters - especially ones who post high volume of posts - disrupts the flow of the thread. You also miss any threads posted by them (I had to unignore a user as I couldn't understand why there wasn't a thread about a potential manager candidate of ours). Ignore thread is the answer for me, the users I'm stuck with.

Anyway, roll on Saturday. Our first competitive game to build up our new bloke or at least start the process of #Fabienout if we get done by a sucker punch Dycheball goal.
Totally agree. The only problem with the 'Ignore thread' option is that the poster you don't really want to see tend to pop up on nearly EVERY thread.

But then they are extremely INTELLIGANT :moo:

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
'Bring back Swanny' they said. 'I really miss his contributions' they complained.

This is on them.

I, for one, am learning a lot. Mainly how NOT to come across as an arrogant, argumentative know-it-all. You'd think I'd you were given a second chance (after crossing a line) you'd try and blend in. But oh no, not our resident pizza-box bothering, GPott-obsessed Scandinavian.

What a shame.
Excellent, look forward to hearing from you again once you're done learning
You're not wrong actually, and I've decided to become a whore... I mean, football youtuber this season, finally giving up on the idea that people read stuff.

Anyway, as no one is able to mount a real challenge to my perspectives on RDZ or the thrilling philosophical landscape of knowledge and opinions, I'm raising the trophy and leaving this thread to the past - tomorrow a new chapter starts.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
To be fair Swanny's contributions are excellent on all football subjects that do not involve his Stalkee Mr Potter. Anything that may cast shade on GPott totally clouds his stone-cold pragmatism and seemingly turns his focus to that of a 90's school girl with a Take That obsssion.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Excellent, look forward to hearing from you again once you're done learning

You're not wrong actually, and I've decided to become a whore... I mean, football youtuber this season, finally giving up on the idea that people read stuff.

Anyway, as no one is able to mount a real challenge to my perspectives on RDZ or the thrilling philosophical landscape of knowledge and opinions, I'm raising the trophy and leaving this thread to the past - tomorrow a new chapter starts.
Make sure you post your youtube link, I am sure it will be entertaining.. . and try not to belittle your viewers quite as much as you have the mere mortals on this thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here