Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] De Zerbi was NOT “sacked”

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Thanks for that......

Sits and waits for injury list to grow immeasurably.....
We must not forget that most Premier clubs suffered record breaking injury problems last season.

Wasn't it estimated that there was a massive hike in the length of time the players were running for in matches with little recovery time due to the ball being returned in to play faster and also longer additional minutes being added?

Newcastle were hit even harder than us I believe.
I'm sure there is a graph available somewhere for minutes lost per club.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I was assuming that Ayari was talking about 22/23 season when he trained with De Zerbi from January - May, and 23/24 pre- season (he was on the US tour) as that would be all he had to recall from, so European games wouldn't have been relevant.
He'd have to be as he was in The Championship last season. So he's talking about a season where we had our highest ever finish, qualified for Europe and had very few injuries.

Little wonder it was carried over to a season where we had loads more games.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Except this time he gave the coach the option of a “mutual” decision, otherwise I think it would 100% have been a sacking….imo

Unlike CH, RDZ also had the chance to say goodbye, due to the timing of the announcement, which was good.

I guess TB feels a little bad about CH not getting the chance to say goodbye to the fans?
It’s the only time I’ve seen TB look to me upset; when he looked down the camera lens and said in the Potter press conference that CH was welcome back anytime. I think that was a tough call, I get the feeling he really like CH as a man. I’d love to see him back as an ambassador when / if he’s ready.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He was, though.

Sacked, I mean.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
IMG_6566.png
IMG_6567.jpeg

So: definitely sacked!

Not all divorces need to be acrimonious.

I want to remain respectful towards Roberto. He had Brighton producing the best football I've ever seen from them.
Plus, I had two never to be forgotten trips to Marseille and Amsterdam.

I hope he does well at Marseille.

This one was acrimonious at the top tho - it’s merely now a question of how much fans want to join in with that. Like you, I hope we are generous given the huge highs he gave us, Fab gets near repeating his 6th place he’ll be doing amazingly.

While it’s definitely not the most important thing to come out of the Bloom interview - which was just how much of a minority input the/any manager has on signings compared to Bloom and Weir’s team - it’s obvious RDZ was sacked by the board for in their view not remaining loyal to the initial understanding/agreement of how transfer business is done here. I guess RDZ knew it was coming hence his very forthright comments on change being needed, he was a dead man walking from then on.

Fab’s great start has given Bloom a lot of space and goodwill to be quite breathtakingly honest about how this all played out

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
This one was acrimonious at the top tho - it’s merely now a question of how much fans want to join in with that. Like you, I hope we are generous given the huge highs he gave us, Fab gets near repeating his 6th place he’ll be doing amazingly.

While it’s definitely not the most important thing to come out of the Bloom interview - which was just how much of a minority input the/any manager has on signings compared to Bloom and Weir’s team - it’s obvious RDZ was sacked by the board for in their view not remaining loyal to the initial understanding/agreement of how transfer business is done here. I guess RDZ knew it was coming hence his very forthright comments on change being needed, he was a dead man walking from then on.

Fab’s great start has given Bloom a lot of space and goodwill to be quite breathtakingly honest about how this all played out
I think these comments from RDZ may have instigated TB’s openness about the parting of the ways in his recent interview.

Roberto De Zerbi says 'unfair' life at Brighton 'no longer suited me' Roberto De Zerbi has spoken about his departure from Albion and said: “I didn't want to accept unfair things.” The former Seagulls boss added he had “different ideas” from owner Tony Bloom and that being at Albion no longer suited hm.

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
So, the board came to a mutual decision to sack him.
Knew he was gone long before the season ended and said as much in a couple of threads.
I said as much at half time in the Fulham game, and lots of people thought I was on a fishing trip!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Marseille now signing Rabiot on a free.

De Zerbi gone from a club with a supposed no dick heads policy to a club who positively embrace the dick heads on the playing and managerial side. Still, at least Rabiot is 29 so they’re keeping Bobby happy so he might not sound off to the French press any time soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here