Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] De Zerbi was NOT “sacked”

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Fair play to him. I don't really want to see this thread bounced every week. He either smashes it like today and we think, how lucky we were to have such a great manager and such a shame how it fizzled out. Or he has a 'mare and we are grateful for the incredible 18 months we had before the wheels came off, he sulked off and rushed into a slightly bizarre job at Marseille.

Good luck to him but hopefully we're onto the next chapter and even better times ahead.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Jason Steele was interviewed for The Athletic this week and described our new manager as "a breath of fresh air". It's hard to believe that's not an entirely intentional comment.

We all loved De Zerbi but maybe his theatrical reactions to everything got a bit wearing for the players after a time, especially given that he'd got to a point where he couldn't quite seem to turn the performances around towards the end of last season. Maybe they got fed up of being ranted at.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Jason Steele was interviewed for The Athletic this week and described our new manager as "a breath of fresh air". It's hard to believe that's not an entirely intentional comment.

We all loved De Zerbi but maybe his theatrical reactions to everything got a bit wearing for the players after a time, especially given that he'd got to a point where he couldn't quite seem to turn the performances around towards the end of last season. Maybe they got fed up of being ranted at.

Toxic relationships are always more exciting it’s why the sex is great as there’s so much fear and desire to impress the other. However after a while it fizzles out fun at the time but on reflection never going to work out.

I’d still like to see him go on and do well though. It would be impressive to see him knock PSG off the top of the league.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I was pleased for De Zerbi and Marseille for a moment.

The I say Greenwood's name on the score sheet and remembered
After the match he said ‘everything about the boy is in the past’ so basically it’s ok then 🙄

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Imagine not only thinking you know/understand football better than everyone else. But actually saying it out loud. To a group of people, many of who have experienced football in ways you never have.

Goodness me.
He’s the main reason I don’t post on here so much anymore, every thread is polluted with his narcissistic ramblings.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Who did Marseille play yesterday?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Every player ever interviewed has sung the praises of their new manager. Them's the rules

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Fair play to him. I don't really want to see this thread bounced every week. He either smashes it like today and we think, how lucky we were to have such a great manager and such a shame how it fizzled out. Or he has a 'mare and we are grateful for the incredible 18 months we had before the wheels came off, he sulked off and rushed into a slightly bizarre job at Marseille.

Good luck to him but hopefully we're onto the next chapter and even better times ahead.
’ignore thread’ button (y)

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Bit harsh (“Bob the knob”)
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Nowt to say about Bob himself, he's dead as far as I'm concerned, but...

Imagine putting on your armour and riding out on your horse to protect your master from being called "Bob the knob".

:laugh:

Good start to the day, thank you a lot sir.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Steele was the biggest RDZ suck up when he was here. Like lallana this guy is the biggest teachers pet around 😂

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Steele was the biggest RDZ suck up when he was here. Like lallana this guy is the biggest teachers pet around 😂

Probably because RDZ saw something in Steele that other managers didn't and gave him regular PL game time. Let's not rewrite history; lots of players loved RDZ and said how he'd impacted their understanding of the game. Groß picked him out for special praise in his goodbye letter to the fans.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Probably because RDZ saw something in Steele that other managers didn't and gave him regular PL game time. Let's not rewrite history; lots of players loved RDZ and said how he'd impacted their understanding of the game. Groß picked him out for special praise in his goodbye letter to the fans.
That wasn't my point.

My point was , he's turned on his old best mate and has a new hero to worship......(The new manager)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here