Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] De Zerbi was NOT “sacked”

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But if you put this thread on ignore, you'll never find out if he was sacked or not.
I have reconsiders all the latest evidence and am now back to thinking he was sacked.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
That is a great result for the bob the knob, Brest are a good team and were expected to do well this season.
They're relative minnows in that league, 12k home crowds on average compared to 62k for Marseilles. Surely only going to be one result yesterday, although you can never be sure in football.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What evidence? :lol:
All of it.

When I say 'evidence' I mean 'facts' derived from a strongly held opinion.

Such as 'that wasn't offside.' 'That was never a foul'. 'It wasn't intentional'.

That's how it works in football and in politics, right?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Sorry you don’t post as much…
Feel much the same, and have had to use ignore…..
It helps to a certain extent.
Agree in general. I have not posted much in thE last year or so, mostly because threads end up miles off subject and I have no interest in any of them, and cant be bothered to find any posts that actually are on subject. (I understand that this repkly is not related to De Zerbi being sacked or not).

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
@Bozza was right .... De zerbi was erm light.

Definitely a strange one. After RDZ came in and criticised how little premier league teams trained.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
@Bozza was right .... De zerbi was erm light.

Definitely a strange one. After RDZ came in and criticised how little premier league teams trained.

Of course Bozza had info on this and no one doubted him when he shared it. However, just to complete the picture:

a) Loads of people on NSC said the injuries must have been because De Zerbi was over-training. Those people were wrong.
b) You are comparing apples and oranges. We're not in Europe this season. I'm not sure a two hour, all physical session on a Saturday when you've played on Thursday, flown home on Thursday night and have a game on Sunday is ideal.
c) Some players can handle German training, some can't. Klopp burned some players out and actually burned out his whole team the season we beat them twice at home.
d) Ayari didn't play for us last season.

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Of course Bozza had info on this and no one doubted him when he shared it. However, just to complete the picture:

a) Loads of people on NSC said the injuries must have been because De Zerbi was over-training. Those people were wrong.
b) You are comparing apples and oranges. We're not in Europe this season. I'm not sure a two hour, all physical session on a Saturday when you've played on Thursday, flown home on Thursday night and have a game on Sunday is ideal.
c) Some players can handle German training, some can't. Klopp burned some players out and actually burned out his whole team the season we beat them twice at home.
Will hold my hands up and say guilty of a)

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Not sure if it's the norm but certainly on two occasions the team was given two days off after a match. Maybe we have fewer but longer and more intense sessions now

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Yep, just like chris hughton
Except this time he gave the coach the option of a “mutual” decision, otherwise I think it would 100% have been a sacking….imo

Unlike CH, RDZ also had the chance to say goodbye, due to the timing of the announcement, which was good.

I guess TB feels a little bad about CH not getting the chance to say goodbye to the fans?

PlayMoran

May 19, 2023

Hopefully zie German doesn't over-train them.

Milner and Veltman both picked up thigh injuries vs Arsenal. Two of the older players in the squad, so would be more prone to injury if they are worked hard.

Wieffer is also injured.

It's a fairly big squad. It should be able to cope with a PL campaign without European games midweek.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022

I was assuming that Ayari was talking about 22/23 season when he trained with De Zerbi from January - May, and 23/24 pre- season (he was on the US tour) as that would be all he had to recall from, so European games wouldn't have been relevant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here