Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] De Zerbi was NOT “sacked”

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Can't wait for it all to go wrong at Marseille and RDZ to get dogs abuse by the psycho fans there.

Unfortunately in the short term he's gonna do very well I suspect as the french league is absolute turd and Marseille have bought some pretty good players.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I'm sober as a... tortured person.

People can feel free to think I'm trolling about Roberto De Zerbi because I have the complete opposite viewpoint of him and what he's "achieved".

Just like people laughed at me eight months ago when I said there was no chance in hell Tony would let Roberto manage Brighton for another season.

As I see, its not trolling. I just know/understand more football related things than other people. The vast majority of posts I do here is to explain how things work. Its pretty difficult. "No, we're not getting relegated due to no £20m signing coming in". "Yes, we're likely to improve next year despite a lack of signings because all the players are 12 years old". Year out year in. Currently trying to explain to people that 37 players are too many in a PL squad.

What is clearly impossible to explain to people is that the results and football was dire for the vast majority of last season, that "not being motivated" for about 6 months is utterly unacceptable and clear-as-a-day evidence of shit management and that constantly belittling and blaming the club and the owner isn't "ambitious" but "a cowardly way of avoiding taking any responsibility". People not understanding this are the disengenuous ones.

But like I said, a certain kind of people are really into this "rowdy" kind of "critical-against-everyone-but-themselves" kind of mega-egos, and for obvious reasons they will never understand why such a person is completely unbearable to be around (hence the sacking).
Perhaps Bozza could organise a way for you to group DM everyone to tell them how brilliant you are, it would surely save time and effort and make sure you don't miss anyone who may not have been on this thread?

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Most of that you've just made up in your head. I know very well Bozza isn't a puppet, he just has to stay on side of a very controlling football club. The Academy is obviously the way to go, I grew up in the 90s and in this country academy footballers were kind of a big thing...

What you don't understand is being a football fan of your local team and the emotions that go with it.

Yes, i have had a lot of frustrations with Barber over the last decade. But i still think he's one of the best in the business. Because unlike you, I can see that things aren't black and white.
I often hear this argument, as if being emotional somehow makes you a more knowledgable and logic person.

If I say the world is round and you say it feels flat, its still round.

Emotion has its time and place but its the eternal arch-enemy of intelligence and logics. If you don't turn your emotions of when analysing something, the only truths you'll find is what your hormones deem to be true.

Emotions belong to the southern tree of purity, warmth and untainted humanity, to go a bit Jacob Böhme. Its a cute little thing.
But if you want to determine the quality of something aside from the quality of provoking the "right emotions", the northern tree of knowledge and evil is where to find your fruit.

In the emotional reality of a fair bit of Brighton fans, RDZ was the real deal. In the knowledgeable reality of Tony Bloom, RDZ wasn't good enough and had to go.

The emotional outcry I meet every time I mention Roberto's lack of quality doesn't even scratch my skin, and besides they've already lost their emotional battle against knowledge, considering that Tony Bloom got rid of him.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I often hear this argument, as if being emotional somehow makes you a more knowledgable and logic person.

Emotion has its time and place but its the eternal arch-enemy of intelligence and logics. If you don't turn your emotions of when analysing something, the only truths you'll find is what your hormones deem to be true.

Emotions belong to the southern tree of purity, warmth and untainted humanity, to go a bit Jacob Böhme. Its a cute little thing.
But if you want to determine the quality of something aside from the quality of provoking the "right emotions", the northern tree of knowledge and evil is where to find your fruit.

In the emotional reality of a fair bit of Brighton fans, RDZ was the real deal. In the knowledgeable reality of Tony Bloom, RDZ wasn't good enough and had to go.

The emotional outcry I meet every time I mention Roberto's lack of quality doesn't even scratch my skin, and besides they've already lost their emotional battle against knowledge, considering that Tony Bloom got rid of him.
If you could move away from your entrenched position of GP good and RDZ bad it would show more football intelligence though :smile:

Both were good and both ended badly, in different ways.

I enjoy most of your posts and would not like to see you get another ban by going full on nutty about this, maybe just accept you have fought your corner and we all know your opinions on this now! Let it go!

We are in another exciting era, let’s move on to discussing the future and leave the past?

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Good Lord, your entire posting history is based on emotion. The emotion needed to believe that Graham Potter is a great coach because he’s a nice bloke and everyone should be your definition of nice. You even admitted your anti semitism that you were banned for was an emotional outburst.

You’re embarrassing yourself on this thread tbh. It’s quite the meltdown.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Perhaps Bozza could organise a way for you to group DM everyone to tell them how brilliant you are, it would surely save time and effort and make sure you don't miss anyone who may not have been on this thread?
Why?

I like sharing knowledge. Without the 10-15 people in here who appreciate knowledge, the guesswork would make the board borderline unreadable. Danny Welbeck "always being injured" is mentioned on a daily basis because of a false myth that can very easily be destroyed with knowledge. Every lost game is the difficult task of explaining to people that Brighton weren't always winning even in the days when the goalie hoofed the ball up front rather than "fannying at the back". Every day of every transfer window is the endless quest to inform the knowledge-haters that Brighton neither want or will have 37 players in the squad.

If peope don't want the stupidity of their football perspectives pointed out, they need to use knowledge instead of mythology and feelings.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Why?

I like sharing knowledge. Without the 10-15 people in here who appreciate knowledge, the guesswork would make the board borderline unreadable. Danny Welbeck "always being injured" is mentioned on a daily basis because of a false myth that can very easily be destroyed with knowledge. Every lost game is the difficult task of explaining to people that Brighton weren't always winning even in the days when the goalie hoofed the ball up front rather than "fannying at the back". Every day of every transfer window is the endless quest to inform the knowledge-haters that Brighton neither want or will have 37 players in the squad.

If peope don't want the stupidity of their football perspectives pointed out, they need to use knowledge instead of mythology and feelings.
Knowledge or your opinion?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Why?

We are all so thankful you are here.

I imagine it is a similar feeling to that of Italians as the renaissance took hold

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I don't get the increasing vitriol for our former managers. Hughton, Potter, De Zerbi are all part of the journey that got us to where we are now. Just as Poyet was. Even Hyppia was important as mistakes made then undoubtedly formed better judgement moving forwards.

I respect them all (yes even Potter) for what they did for us.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Good Lord, your entire posting history is based on emotion. The emotion needed to believe that Graham Potter is a great coach because he’s a nice bloke and everyone should be your definition of nice. You even admitted your anti semitism that you were banned for was an emotional outburst.

You’re embarrassing yourself on this thread tbh. It’s quite the meltdown.
A long long time ago, you made it perfectly clear that you're emotional, and that I'm cold and pragmatic. That was correct, for once.

You are a prime example of the brainless people who have no ideas and only emotions.

Lets take this fine example relating to the thread: when Graham Potter left, you were very quick to blame past injuries in the squad on him, saying that with the right preparations etc you don't get as many injuries as we did under Potter.

Meanwhile, you spent this entire season blaming Paul Barber and Tony Bloom for not bringing in replacements for injured players, while fiercly denying any impact a manager could have on the injury situation.

Two direct opposite views shaped by emotion-driven agendas. Everything you ever say is completely liquid.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A long long time ago, you made it perfectly clear that you're emotional, and that I'm cold and pragmatic. That was correct, for once.

You are a prime example of the brainless people who have no ideas and only emotions.

Lets take this fine example relating to the thread: when Graham Potter left, you were very quick to blame past injuries in the squad on him, saying that with the right preparations etc you don't get as many injuries as we did under Potter.

Meanwhile, you spent this entire season blaming Paul Barber and Tony Bloom for not bringing in replacements for injured players, while fiercly denying any impact a manager could have on the injury situation.

Two direct opposite views shaped by emotion-driven agendas. Everything you ever say is completely liquid.
That's not true. Most of this stuff just lives in your head which, over time, has been made less effective and more paranoid by weed and vodka.

See you in Liverpool. Oh no, we won't will we.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
But like I said, a certain kind of people are really into this "rowdy" kind of "critical-against-everyone-but-themselves" kind of mega-egos, and for obvious reasons they will never understand why such a person is completely unbearable to be around (hence the sacking).
The absolute lack of self awareness in this paragraph is astounding.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

Swans.jpeg
Man.jpeg

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I don't get the increasing vitriol for our former managers. Hughton, Potter, De Zerbi are all part of the journey that got us to where we are now. Just as Poyet was. Even Hyppia was important as mistakes made then undoubtedly formed better judgement moving forwards.

I respect them all (yes even Potter) for what they did for us.
That's not the modern way, sadly. FH will get the same treatment when he leaves. It's embarrassing, but that seems to be where humans are in 2024. Going backwards.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
'Bring back Swanny' they said. 'I really miss his contributions' they complained.

This is on them.

I, for one, am learning a lot. Mainly how NOT to come across as an arrogant, argumentative know-it-all. You'd think I'd you were given a second chance (after crossing a line) you'd try and blend in. But oh no, not our resident pizza-box bothering, GPott-obsessed Scandinavian.

What a shame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here