Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] De Zerbi was NOT “sacked”

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yeah sure.
The cautious approach has it's flaws though.

You frame your argument that the club would have "spunked" 60-80m on players.
Why is the club's algorithm so poor at identifying established players with value?
Is it because it is focussed more on value, than player attributes and the needs of the first team.

The argument that January window is overpriced is overplayed.
Particularly now with PSR impacting so many teams.

There was value in the January Window, as Palace proved.
Nope. Could have, not would have. How long have you worked for Starlizard ?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Nope. Could have, not would have. How long have you worked for Starlizard ?

The point being that the club are happy to "spunk" £60 - £80m on 4-5 unproven players, but not prepared to do so on 2-3 experienced players.
i.e. the focus would seem to be on profitability, not the needs of the first team.

Going back to my original point.
Barco was not signed on the basis that he would be a good signing for De Zerbi or the needs of the first team.
The fact he performed well, does not undermine what De Zerbi was asking for.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Worth every penny to be shot of the over rated Mardy from Lombardy and to now have an exciting, ambitious young manager who understands the model, wants to kick on and most importantly, wants to be here.

It’s no coincidence that the longer RDZ was our head coach and the further we got away from Potter’s work, the worse we got.
Sorry, disagree.

He took Potter’s work to a different better level for me.
We went backwards, when RdZ did not adapt to opponents.

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
So was he sacked or not?

Anyone know?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
He was great for us, probably right that he left though, and my guess is it was more that the club couldn't promise they wouldn't sell certain players, more than what players they would bring in. Having worked with players to get past the lobbing bottles around stage, to where they understand what he wants from them, to then have them leave and have to start again with a new face would piss me off. His demands do seem to have improved most of the players, but for a couple, it broke them.
This is my guess too

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
BBC gossip states he's about to sign 3 year contract with Marseille.
As far as I am aware, this still hasn't been confirmed.

I'd read a suggestion that Marseille might have approached RDZ as negotiations with another manager they wanted (can't remember who now) had stalled.

Has there been any further reporting on this?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
As far as I am aware, this still hasn't been confirmed.

I'd read a suggestion that Marseille might have approached RDZ as negotiations with another manager they wanted (can't remember who now) had stalled.

Has there been any further reporting on this?
Bet they don't want to pay the money. I knew that would be an issue.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Bet they don't want to pay the money. I knew that would be an issue.
The £5m or so we want, the £10m he wants as his salary or the £200m he wants to spend on mediocre 28-year-old Serie A players?

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
The £5m or so we want, the £10m he wants as his salary or the £200m he wants to spend on mediocre 28-year-old Serie A players?
Quality manager but very high maintenance in his demands on players and owners. I imagine he would be fantastic at Marseille but it will end in tears sooner rather than later. What a ride those Marseille fans would be likely to have though. I really hope whatever the delay is will be sorted.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Quality manager but very high maintenance in his demands on players and owners. I imagine he would be fantastic at Marseille but it will end in tears sooner rather than later. What a ride those Marseille fans would be likely to have though. I really hope whatever the delay is will be sorted.
They're always on a ride. And yeah he'll be definitely-not-sacked/mutually told to f*** off by November.

Difficult club. He'll have to use all that alleged "quality" of his to break down defences in France.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Quite right. Clubs should only ever buy under 25s. Perhaps UEFA could put in a safeguarding law that once you hit 25 you stay at whatever club you’re playing for, even if it’s Grimsby.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here