Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Davies signs

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Excellent news, all we need is a left back and we've got a very strong squad.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I think Livermore might be put there for the rest of the season

I think you might be right. While I am happy with our signings I would still like a left back in by Monday night. Livermore is not really the answer and with his record of injuries and suspensions we could be in trouble.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
good he is shit. 8 goals in 84 appearences for 4/5? different clubs. hopefully he has a bas savage moment as he had only scored a goal in 4 years before signing for us.

It's not always a fair reflection on the player though is it. By this rationale Peter Beardsley was a shite player - of course we all know that in fact he was an excellent forward.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
That does seem like a very good signing, nice one Dick, are we starting to see the Falmer factor kicking in?

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Davies won't be at Withdean today, the deal was concluded yesterday and he is coming down on Sunday and will sign on Monday.

Left-back remains a priority, Andrew Whing and David Livermore have each done an admirable job filling in, but neither are seen as long-term solutions. Dick and Micky are still working at this - so hopefully we will get one by Monday. If not there is of course the loan window.

Also, the signing of Davies is NOT a signal that Glenn Murray is going anywhere. He is NOT for sale.

As for Calvin Andrew, I think you will find he is a striker who will create goals for the likes of Forster, Murray and Davies. He is a foil in the Heskey mould: powerful, strong and direct, and I think the manager is looking for him to hold the ball up, win aerial battles and bring other strikers into play. Very impressive against us last season for Luton, as was Davies for Stockport against us earlier this season, where I thought he was the difference between two sides who played excellent football on the night; Davies gave County the cutting edge.

Last edited:

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Davies won't be at Withdean today, the deal was concluded yesterday and he is coming down on Sunday and will sign on Monday.

Left-back remains a priority, Andrew Whing and David Livermore have each done an admirable job filling in, but neither are seen as long-term solutions. Dick and Micky are still working at this - so hopefully we will get one by Monday. If not there is of course the loan window.

Also, the signing of Davies is NOT a signal that Glenn Murray is going anywhere. He is NOT for sale.

Does this mean Kilkenny joining is not happening?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Cant we sign him on a 7 day loan, until 1200 noon I think, and then sign him permenantly on Monday then he could play today.

Didnt we do that with Iwelumo

Loans have to be signed 24hours ahead I think so still might not of worked

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Loans can be signed up to three hours before kick off, permanent signings have to be done by midday the day before a match.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

I sincerely hope you are right !

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
good he is shit. 8 goals in 84 appearences for 4/5? different clubs. hopefully he has a bas savage moment as he had only scored a goal in 4 years before signing for us.

What is wrong with you?....and welcome to my IGNORE LIST.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Good signing, I'm impressed assuming we hold onto Murray. if we let him go we will be no better off though.

Can see Davies and Murray forming a good pairing with Forster drifting out a bit more next season.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Good signing, I'm impressed assuming we hold onto Murray. if we let him go we will be no better off though.

Can see Davies and Murray forming a good pairing with Forster drifting out a bit more next season.

I think you are spot on. I can see Davies and Murray (hopefully) forging a good partnership, with Forster being a decent impact sub next year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here