Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

davies joins yeovil

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'm no fan of Davies but that does seem a bit odd.
Maybe a new striker on the way? :shrug:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
With Glenn Murray coming back into it, Davies is going to be joint 4th choice with Gary Hart. We don't need that many strikers, realistically, and if we can send Davies out to score some goals and play regular football, maybe he'll return in January firing on all cylinders for us and it'll look a masterstroke, especially if Murray does get sold. It makes perfect sense to me, :clap: mr Slade.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
For f*** sake, I was looking forward to watching him bully defenders.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
This is the first time I've doubted Slade's decicions. Why the hell would he loan out a striker who is in a rich vein of form in the reserves?

What happens if Forster gets injured or Dickinson or both of them.

Absolutely shocking decision imo.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why? With Glenn Murray coming back to fitness, he would be 4th in line (possibly even 5th behind OGH!).

Seems like a good move to me.

This is all fine as long as our 36 year old striker stays fit. Otherwise to partner Dickinson we're relying on a crock who doesn't want to be here, and Gary Hart.

Forgive me if I don't pop the champagne corks just yet.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Craig Davies has joined Yeovil Town on a one-month loan deal.

The 23-year-old striker will travel down to Somerset today, and is available for the Glovers' home match against Brentford tomorrow.

Albion are due to visit Huish Park in two weeks' time, but the terms of the loan agreement mean that Davies will not be eligible to line up against the Seagulls.

Manager Russell Slade said, "It's an opportunity for Craig to get some first team football under his belt, and we will monitor his progress while he's there."

With Nicky Forster and Liam Dickinson forging a formidable attacking partnership, Davies has found it difficult to break into the first team this season, appearing for just 16 minutes as a substitute in last weekend's 3-2 defeat to Southend United.

Good move I reckon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here