Apr 26, 2009
Hove
TWxyb.jpg

:lol:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Ah, so that's why he didn't try to kick Klitschko then.

Did he also have an excuse for not trying to punch him?

To be fair to him, I think he realised that he was pish-poor tonight & was easily beaten by a much more accomplished Heavyweight.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
If wasn't fit that he shouldn't of taken the fight!!! Poor excuse from a poor fighter who can talk a good fight but in the end is happy to the money and run................retire you clown!

Dont agree at all think he is a very good fighter, 10 times better technically than Klitschko and stronger but his head wasnt in a fight, couldnt think on his feet what to do next, he was soooooooooooooooooooooo cautious he deserved nothing from the fight, he fought like he didnt want to get touched, he needed to get hurt if he did he would have won, basically fight like Hatton, Klitschko is no Mayweather, Klitschko has fast foot work for a big man and an awkward lean back but this cant have news to Hayes.

Last edited:

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Never seen diving in boxing before. Plus that was the worst excuse i have ever heard, if Klitchko had said that we would never hear the end of it from Haye.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ah, I remember where I've seen Haye's punching style before.

[yt]3-kT2qE9d7Y[/yt]

Windmilling in. Nice.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Haye, what a "Dick head" to use his own insult against him. He bigged up this fight so much, and was an absolute bum on the day. He has fought bums for his whole heavyweight career, and now he has been found out.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
What an utter shambles from Haye! Within 2 rounds he looked he didn't have a Plan B to deal with the reach advantage on that jab. Way too cautious and resorting to ugly lunging right hands that looked more like Malinga bowling. The frustration was so evident by how early and often he was looking at the ref.

And to cap it all some bollox about his toe that made him sound an awful bad loser. And I might add that Vladimir came across as classy and articulate. He may not be the most dynamic fighter but he gave Haye a tactical boxing lesson .

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What an utter shambles from Haye! Within 2 rounds he looked he didn't have a Plan B to deal with the reach advantage on that jab. Way too cautious and resorting to ugly lunging right hands that looked more like Malinga bowling. The frustration was so evident by how early and often he was looking at the ref.

And to cap it all some bollox about his toe that made him sound an awful bad loser. And I might add that Vladimir came across as classy and articulate. He may not be the most dynamic fighter but he gave Haye a tactical boxing lesson .

I doubt I'll read a better assessment all weekend.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Some clueless comments on this thread.

Basically it happened as a few of us predicted on the other thread - the bigger man used his weight and reach advantage very effectively. Klitschko is a very good boxer, although he is limited. He's too good to lose to a man who is 2st lighter than him, but not good enough to knock him out. Haye is by far the best cruiserweight on the planet. He's probably the 3rd best heavyweight in a very shit division. It is what it is, and nothing more or less.

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
I doubt I'll read a better assessment all weekend.

You should read then next post after yours.

Both METALMICKY and Billy the fish make some very good points - the whole backlash against Haye doesn't really hold true - the only people that are outraged by Haye's performance are people that don't really understand boxing.

I would have liked to see Haye implement a more effective gameplan but the conclusion was ultimately very predictable - it was pretty obvious that Klitschko would use his height weight and reach to frustrate and limit Haye

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm giving that last one to Haye, so overall I have Klitschko winning it 116-112.
I thought that he only won 3 rounds including the one pont deductioin so I think your scoring is nearer than some of the judges. People say Haye didnt throw enough big shots but he didnt throw enough punches stop andf was reliant on landing a big one. Cant see where he can go now as he was going to retire next yeart after beating both Klitchcos. He has 2 choices as I see it, retire now or try to take Vitali title then try for a unification again, anything else is a waste unless he goes back down to his natural and fights as a cruiserweight., but there isnt the money there.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So, to summarise, Haye is full of shit. Is this a correct assessment? Seems like it is to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here