Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** David Haye vs. Wladimir Klitschko - The OFFICIAL Thread ***

Alfie22

Mar 12, 2008
I had Klitschko winning 118-110 and I think it was a performance of some class. I've always believed that he would raise his game against Haye, because against lesser opposition he does what he needs to. He operates at a fairly predictable but effective level, safe in the knowledge that his size, strength and ring awareness will see him comfortably through. He didn't have that total belief against Haye, hence the better display.

Having said that, if Haye has genuinely broken his toe, then he should've pulled out as it would have been a considerable physical (and mental) hindrance. I have had two surgeries on a broken toe within the last 6 months, and my mobility has been severely restricted due to the severity of the problem. I have been unable to bear weight on my toe for years which has affected both my balance and posture. Presumably he still believed he could man up and get to Klistchko early enough - he couldn't. He's a very silly man for not pulling out.

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
Funny how no sign of a limp when he walked to the ring or before hand but afterwards he was walking as if he had broke his f***ing leg not his toe.

Should have called it off rather than fight injured.

He wouldnt have called it off at such short notice, there would have been a lot of angry, unhappy fans who went and that includes me if they did

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
He wouldnt have called it off at such short notice, there would have been a lot of angry, unhappy fans who went and that includes me if they did

Would you have preferred a fit Haye - Klitschko fight with you unhappy that you either couldnt get to a rematch or had to pay again, or an injured, gonna lose Haye, fighting Klitschko fight but at least you were there?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Haye's moved on from his little toe excuse and is now going on about various "tactics" Klitschko's camp employed before and during the fight. An example is that the Ukrainian's team made a song and a dance about Haye bringing his own security into the ring, and another is that he got sent a different route to the ring to the one he was expecting.

I thought Haye was supposed to be a warrior, but it would appear the slightest thing can floor him. Given Haye's pre-fight abuse and antagonism it's also a bit rich complaining about Vlad's alleged ruses.

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
Haye's moved on from his little toe excuse and is now going on about various "tactics" Klitschko's camp employed before and during the fight. An example is that the Ukrainian's team made a song and a dance about Haye bringing his own security into the ring, and another is that he got sent a different route to the ring to the one he was expecting.

I thought Haye was supposed to be a warrior, but it would appear the slightest thing can floor him. Given Haye's pre-fight abuse and antagonism it's also a bit rich complaining about Vlad's alleged ruses.

I recognised 2 of Haye's security that accompanied him to the ring - both MMA fighters - one of them was definitely James Thompson.

His entrance was a shambles though - having to literally fight his way through the crowd to get to the ring

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I recognised 2 of Haye's security that accompanied him to the ring - both MMA fighters - one of them was definitely James Thompson.

His entrance was a shambles though - having to literally fight his way through the crowd to get to the ring

Maybe, but he's supposed to be a warrior. If you have designs on being a multi-belted heavyweight champion of the world you must be able to overcome a minor detour on your way to the ring.....surely.

Frank Warren has nailed it: "cry baby."

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Wears shirts with decalitated Klitchko heads, makes everyone wait for 20 minutes for mind games or whatever, dives on the floor to try and score points with the ref, claims the fight when he lost every single round, blames the defeat on a saw toe which he picked up weeks ago and suddently starts limping and then says if it wasn't for his poorly little toe he would of knocked Klitchco out.

I believe he should retire.

wakokid

Jun 10, 2011
Lancing
On what grounds? I don't think many people will take anything Haye says seriously now. He's was made to look a prize chump, and the broken little toe excuse is plain embarrassing.

Exactly. The fight just proved that he would never be able to beat klitschko (or any other class fighter)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Exactly. The fight just proved that he would never be able to beat klitschko (or any other class fighter)

Dr Steelhammer, what a great name. Sounds like a cold-war bond villain. What's his brother's nickname?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Having got back from Hamburg late last night I have had a bit of time to ponder the events of the last 48 hours, I actually feel cheated. Clearly you pay for money you take your choice, but Haye actually took the scam to a different level. If he was injured 3 weeks ago he should have pulled out of the fight, granted those who had booked would have incurred some cost but thats nothing to what a number of us have spent over the weekend, at the end of it all, its about money ,injured or not how much has Haye banked this weekend? Regrdless of the fact that he probably knew deep down he couldn't win. We left at the final bell so our backs were turned yet when I saw the fight yesterday on RTL Haye actually had the front to put his arms up at the final bell. the man is clearly deluded............

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Having got back from Hamburg late last night I have had a bit of time to ponder the events of the last 48 hours, I actually feel cheated. Clearly you pay for money you take your choice, but Haye actually took the scam to a different level. If he was injured 3 weeks ago he should have pulled out of the fight, granted those who had booked would have incurred some cost but thats nothing to what a number of us have spent over the weekend, at the end of it all, its about money ,injured or not how much has Haye banked this weekend? Regrdless of the fact that he probably knew deep down he couldn't win. We left at the final bell so our backs were turned yet when I saw the fight yesterday on RTL Haye actually had the front to put his arms up at the final bell. the man is clearly deluded............

Hope none of IT was SPENT on the Reeperbahn

:angry::angry::angry:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Haye just another OVER RATED bum like Hatton, first TIME he GOES into world CLASS he GETS beat

To be fair Ernest as regards Hatton when he did get beaten against Mayweather at least he went for it, Haye was no better than Fraudley last November or Bugner when he fought Ali in 1975, to hear him talk about re matches is a joke, possbily his one saving grace bizarrely will be Vitali wanting to beat the shit out of him as well, but they'd have to fight in my back garden to even consider going.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Would you have preferred a fit Haye - Klitschko fight with you unhappy that you either couldnt get to a rematch or had to pay again, or an injured, gonna lose Haye, fighting Klitschko fight but at least you were there?

All we would have lost would have been the flight, hotel and fight tickets would have been sorted, so even if he'd pulled out Wednesday night I would have preferred that against seeing the piss poor show he put on on Saturday.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
To be fair Ernest as regards Hatton when he did get beaten against Mayweather at least he went for it, Haye was no better than Fraudley last November or Bugner when he fought Ali in 1975, to hear him talk about re matches is a joke, possbily his one saving grace bizarrely will be Vitali wanting to beat the shit out of him as well, but they'd have to fight in my back garden to even consider going.

If Haye had gone out on his shield then he would have had the respect of everyone, the Hatton fight against Mayweather was the same scenario. He talked a good fight and had the men on the street believing he would win such as Haye did getting PROMINENT local newspaper columnists to think he would win whereas FANS of the sweet science like me KNEW he had two hopes and BOB had left town

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here