Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Bellotti

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Makes you wonder whether some people were protecting him.

As for Bellotti, even Archer called him "a defunct mouthpiece."

I remember the meeting at the Concorde (?), where there were so many many people it spread out in the road with the doors and windows open so we could hear what was going on. I believe John Baine was still promoting him as a saviour but I distinctly remember wondering how this pissed up arsehole had got himself into the position of running our club. He was so obviously drunk and unfit to be running our club. I left feeling even more depressed that I had when I arrived as I had no idea what he was like before that evening.

He has got off lightly in the hate stakes imo.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Interesting rant TLO.

Whilst it may be time to 'move on', I'm afraid that Bellotti along with his two cronies (Archer & Stanley) deprived almost a generation of fans enjoying supporting their local club in a proper football stadium........not to mention the many who simply could not afford the cost of a 150 mile round trip to Gillingham for two years.

I hated him then....I hate him now......and I,ll hate him until the day I die.

Don't get me wrong, l disliked this slimy chameleon (& his cronies) for all that he did to this great club of ours, but remember, all this happened two decades ago now, and lets not forget we WON, they LOST, & here we are about to play football two divisions higher than we were back then. All l'm saying is, lets all move on, and please dont hate, its a very strong emotion, and if your not careful it will do for you in the end.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Bellotti while still a vile shit, probably didn't have half a clue what was going on, and probably had his head so far up Archers arse he didnt know the ins and outs. As you say Bill Archer is a businessman, probably not in touch with realilty, a bit like your average MP, and saw £ signs and went for it, not knowing what a football club meant to the average person. Completely agree about Stanley, and never understood at the time why this shithead never had the same sort of hate towards him as the other two, when clearly being local he knew what the implacations would be

Oh no no no n o no no

archer knew EXACTLY what he was doing. he'd done exactly the same at Focus DIY and walker away with tens of millions of pounds whist the firm went bustand the wookforce lost their jobs.

Like I said - a top thread!

Perfectly fair view and I wouldn't dispute it with you. Just reserving the limited bile I have for the two arseholes who undoubtedly made serious money personally out of the club rather than the mouthpiece who lives as a failed politician in Bath.

Fair enough, I'm not for falling out over it or anything - just that any one of them could have left well alone regardless of the apparent trouble we were in. It really couldn't have been much worse with their involvement!

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex
Strangely I have never felt the same level of animosity towards Bellotti as I have towards Stanley particularly and Archer. Stanley was allegedly a fan, Archer was a hardened businessman who saw an opportunity. Bellotti was just a paid mouthpiece. I'm still unable to get rid of my anger towards Stanley, the instigator of the dark days as he watched over the dismantling of HIS club and then switched allegiance to Chelsea .

Totally agree. I have had the recent displeasure of being in the same pub as Stanley, in fact whenever i pop to my local he seems to be in there with his cronies or groupies as I prefer to call them.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Oh no no no n o no no

archer knew EXACTLY what he was doing. he'd done exactly the same at Focus DIY and walker away with tens of millions of pounds whist the firm went bustand the wookforce lost their jobs.
Now doubt he came to close the club, as he had done with many business in the past and walk away with a profit. What I was saying is a bit like your averge MP, he had no concept of reality, and thought closing a football club was the same as clsoing a shop. He saw the £ signs and didnt bank on any response from the "work force". Unlike the slime that is Stanley, who knew 100% what football means to people. All three are ##### and many will rejoice their slow deaths, but I think Stanley is the biggest c### of the three of them, and probably got the less greif like the spinless piece of shit he is. Hopefully when his time comes, it will be very slow and drawn out......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here