Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Bellotti

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I live just outside Bath. The Saturday after the final "Yes" decision on Falmer I put on my best replica shirt, grabbed my old Seagulls scarf, and popped down to Bellotti Villas. As I got there he was just coming out of his front door with wife (I imagine) in tow. I went over and asked him what he thought of the decision and he actually congratulated me (not personally, obviously) on the news and said he wished us all the best. Obviously being a politician one has to take everything he says with a large pinch of salt, so I don't imagine for one moment he has any real positive feelings towards the Albion.

I'm hardly surprised he wants to leave that episode behind, and probably hates being reminded of it. Whilst it's very tempting to try to rake over old coals, Bellotti is now a minor LibDem councillor in Bath. His home is a very modest terraced house, and when I last saw him he had a rather average small family car. Despite all the suffering over the years, we now have a £100m stadium, a great Chairman, and a fantastic manager.....

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Top post TLO.

Yes move on but never forget and I know this sentiment has been expressed on here before, but August 6th will be so much sweeter knowing where we have come from and what we have been through.

The lowest point for me was the dark winter of 2006-7 season when we were playing awful football at an awful stadium 80 miles from home with seemingly no hope of a quck return.

How many clubs moving to new stadiums will feel such emotions as us?

Lush

Mods' Pet
Now that the amazing Amex is almost complete, I do feel a sense of a bad chapter in the club's history coming to the end. With that in mind, I took the decision to drive past the Goldstone Retail park for the first time in 13 years last week, sticking up two fingers at the developers as I drove by. It felt strangely empowering.

They may have destroyed our home, but we have gone to a better place.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I admire TLO's restraint in believing he can sit in a room with this low life without needing to smash him in the face.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Let's not forget the club were in terminal decline before Bellotti and co took over, and if it wasn't for selling Beeney then we might have been wound up anyway.
Funny how when Bellotti took over as CE a certain PA announcer was chairing him round the North Stand proclaiming him the best thing since sliced bread.
I'd rather look to the future now rather than continually hark back and I'm sure Attilla and co would too.

Black Dalek

Jan 19, 2004
Good Post. Humble reply but we will never forget. Still wanted for Crimes against Brighton & Hove Albion.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Oooh, my head. :blush:

Go on indicate how much was left in the bottle this morning...

st_henri_shiraz.jpg

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Great post.

I would still love to batter the **** though.

I expect many would have done so if the result at Hereford had gone against us.

I admire TLO's restraint in believing he can sit in a room with this low life without needing to smash him in the face.

Very much this!

The turd is like someone who has dumped a partner and could care less about them afterwards.

Pity he couldn't be reminded how his personal gain is peanuts compared to how things turned out with a proper Albion fan at the helm - but that will become clearer as our next season/s transpire.
I really very much wish, and look forward to success for Tony Bloom - and that serving to further illustrate what can be achieved with good intent.

Confucius said: "the best revenge is to live a good life"

But a smacking for Bellotti would also be very enjoyable.
(not sure if Confucius added that bit)

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Interesting rant TLO.

Whilst it may be time to 'move on', I'm afraid that Bellotti along with his two cronies (Archer & Stanley) deprived almost a generation of fans enjoying supporting their local club in a proper football stadium........not to mention the many who simply could not afford the cost of a 150 mile round trip to Gillingham for two years.

I hated him then....I hate him now......and I,ll hate him until the day I die.

Absolutely agree. Scum of the earth.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think it was a good idea of Alan's. It would have been useful to hear Bellotti's view of events. He's been vilified for so long that we forget there's another side and for 55 minutes he could have justified himself, explaining how he had no options to take the actions that he did and that, in fact, he was an Albion hero. Then Al could have a reasonable discussion about events, with a healthy exchange of views and Bellotti getting a fair hearing. And then, in the last five minutes, he could be ritually disembowelled on air.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
I think it was a good idea of Alan's. It would have been useful to hear Bellotti's view of events. He's been vilified for so long that we forget there's another side and for 55 minutes he could have justified himself, explaining how he had no options to take the actions that he did and that, in fact, he was an Albion hero. Then Al could have a reasonable discussion about events, with a healthy exchange of views and Bellotti getting a fair hearing. And then, in the last five minutes, he could be ritually disembowelled on air.

Also, knowing he was out, it would have given Robbie Fowler a chance to go through Jo properly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here