Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Bellotti

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Absolutely agree. Scum of the earth.

Hope Bloom has a banning order on the 3 of them-nothing in place to stop them attending the odd match is there? doubt they will,still you never know do you,hate the thought of any of them making an appearance at the Amex....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Let's not forget the club were in terminal decline before Bellotti and co took over, and if it wasn't for selling Beeney then we might have been wound up anyway.
Funny how when Bellotti took over as CE a certain PA announcer was chairing him round the North Stand proclaiming him the best thing since sliced bread.
I'd rather look to the future now rather than continually hark back and I'm sure Attilla and co would too.

:lolol::lolol::thumbsup:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Perhaps we could invite Baloney down the Concorde 2 in dedication to Greg Stanley's 1st ever appearance at the Concorde. :drunk:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Perhaps we could invite Baloney down the Concorde 2 in dedication to Greg Stanley's 1st ever appearance at the Concorde. :drunk:

It's been one of those things with me that we I wish we could announce that 'we have David Bellotti here, LIVE in the Radio Reverb studio...

at 11 Old Steine, Brighton. Opposite the Pavilion. On the eastern side of the Old Steine, if you're walking into Brighton and you get to St James's Street - you've gone too far, we're just two houses back. We're in the basement - ring on the buzzer...'

But we can't. :down:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Strangely I have never felt the same level of animosity towards Bellotti as I have towards Stanley particularly and Archer. Stanley was allegedly a fan, Archer was a hardened businessman who saw an opportunity. Bellotti was just a paid mouthpiece. I'm still unable to get rid of my anger towards Stanley, the instigator of the dark days as he watched over the dismantling of HIS club and then switched allegiance to Chelsea .

But would such an interview be ALLOWED?

Once upon a time, when Radio Reverb had plans to interview Melanie Cutress and me (in the same room at the same time), they got as far as getting us both into the building, but then announced that they had received some legal advice that they would be in breach of their broadcasting licence if the interview went ahead. This was probably just as well, since Mrs C and I had already agreed that we wouldn't talk to each other anyway.

It's been one of those things with me that we I wish we could announce that 'we have David Bellotti here, LIVE in the Radio Reverb studio...

at 11 Old Steine, Brighton. Opposite the Pavilion. On the eastern side of the Old Steine, if you're walking into Brighton and you get to St James's Street - you've gone too far, we're just two houses back. We're in the basement - ring on the buzzer...'

But we can't. :down:

I'll handle the delivery arrangements and expense of large aggregate, and scaffolding poles, to be placed just outside the door.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I remember him standing next to me in the North Stand, and at various away matches and I used to think he was a good chap. That was before his part in selling us down the river, of course.

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
I remember him standing next to me in the North Stand, and at various away matches and I used to think he was a good chap. That was before his part in selling us down the river, of course.

Top thread and top post. Good work NSC!

Can't help agreeing with the general sentiment. I met Bellotti a few times in the dark days - a weak politician is how I would sum him up. In my view, his biggest fault was to be so spineless as to keep being the mouthpiece for Archer and Stanley - he might even have believed he was doing the right thing for the club. That said, he must have a lot to tell about what happened on the inside: if he stood up and admitted all I suspect a lot of people in these parts would alter their opinion of the man.

What Archer and Stanley did will never be forgotten. Ever.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
But would such an interview be ALLOWED?

Once upon a time, when Radio Reverb had plans to interview Melanie Cutress and me (in the same room at the same time), they got as far as getting us both into the building, but then announced that they had received some legal advice that they would be in breach of their broadcasting licence if the interview went ahead. This was probably just as well, since Mrs C and I had already agreed that we wouldn't talk to each other anyway.

Really? What legal advice would that have been? Or was it election time?

Top thread and top post. Good work NSC!

Can't help agreeing with the general sentiment. I met Bellotti a few times in the dark days - a weak politician is how I would sum him up. In my view, his biggest fault was to be so spineless as to keep being the mouthpiece for Archer and Stanley - he might even have believed he was doing the right thing for the club. That said, he must have a lot to tell about what happened on the inside: if he stood up and admitted all I suspect a lot of people in these parts would alter their opinion of the man.

What Archer and Stanley did will never be forgotten. Ever.

Excuse me, but that ever-so-slight whitewashing of the little scrote-sac doesn't quite work for me.
Are you suggesting he was an inadvertent cog in the wheel trying to make things work out 'okay' for The Albion?

IF he would have been even faintly naive about everything, he could tell there were a LOT of pissed-off people here.
He, as a 'politician' could have known to step back and have nothing to do with it. He could have 'let on' what his good motives were instead of stringing people out so that the bastards could snag the ground and flog it.

At NO POINT can I see where anyone of them can have had a good motive or need to do what they did - except for their own self-serving reasons. They bamboozled and slid around the issue until they could make their escape - and let the club die a screaming death before our very eyes.
They ALL could have held their hands up and had nothing to do with the debacle, rather than lose us our ground crossing their own grubby palms.

No, sorry- the bastard is just a c.unt and no getting around that fact.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Brought a tear to my eye that did.

I love you Al.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
However, it is a strange thought that if he, Archer and Stanley had not done what they did, a re-location from the Godstone could have been even more difficult and protracted than it has proved to be, simply because we would not have had a bogey figure to co-alese around .

they gave us the benefit (strange tho it it looks now ) of concentrating ALL our efforts on achieving a BIGGER result for the club than merely a new ground to play at.

after alll plenty of clubs have relocated but none will have what we will have interms of solidatity.

of course we didn't HAVE to go through 14 years of hurt to get it, but...............

and I still haven't forgiven him for the "stop whining and let us get on with saving the club" article he wrote in a programme during the darkest days.

And we don't know if he benefitted from the sale of the Goldstone whereas Archer and Stanley cleallry did. Nice apartment for mr Stanley in chelsea Harbour.

those two were asset strippers of the very worst kingd. bellend I 'm afraid was just an idiot (IMHO)

Last edited:

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
Excuse me, but that ever-so-slight whitewashing of the little scrote-sac doesn't quite work for me.
Are you suggesting he was an inadvertent cog in the wheel trying to make things work out 'okay' for The Albion?

IF he would have been even faintly naive about everything, he could tell there were a LOT of pissed-off people here.
He, as a 'politician' could have known to step back and have nothing to do with it. He could have 'let on' what his good motives were instead of stringing people out so that the bastards could snag the ground and flog it.

At NO POINT can I see where anyone of them can have had a good motive or need to do what they did - except for their own self-serving reasons. They bamboozled and slid around the issue until they could make their escape - and let the club die a screaming death before our very eyes.
They ALL could have held their hands up and had nothing to do with the debacle, rather than lose us our ground crossing their own grubby palms.

No, sorry- the bastard is just a c.unt and no getting around that fact.

Like I said - a top thread!

Perfectly fair view and I wouldn't dispute it with you. Just reserving the limited bile I have for the two arseholes who undoubtedly made serious money personally out of the club rather than the mouthpiece who lives as a failed politician in Bath.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
a small minority always reacted badly to whatever I said. I'm sorry they prevent such excellent mediums as Community Radio from exploring all angles of the club's history.
Damn that small minority. He does have a point though, of the 250,000 people living around Brighton, it's only the 20,000 fans that wish him dead.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Strangely I have never felt the same level of animosity towards Bellotti as I have towards Stanley particularly and Archer. Stanley was allegedly a fan, Archer was a hardened businessman who saw an opportunity. Bellotti was just a paid mouthpiece. I'm still unable to get rid of my anger towards Stanley, the instigator of the dark days as he watched over the dismantling of HIS club and then switched allegiance to Chelsea .
Bellotti while still a vile shit, probably didn't have half a clue what was going on, and probably had his head so far up Archers arse he didnt know the ins and outs. As you say Bill Archer is a businessman, probably not in touch with realilty, a bit like your average MP, and saw £ signs and went for it, not knowing what a football club meant to the average person. Completely agree about Stanley, and never understood at the time why this shithead never had the same sort of hate towards him as the other two, when clearly being local he knew what the implacations would be

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Completely agree about Stanley, and never understood at the time why this shithead never had the same sort of hate towards him as the other two, when clearly being local he knew what the implacations would be

Makes you wonder whether some people were protecting him.

As for Bellotti, even Archer called him "a defunct mouthpiece."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here