Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Beckahm - As an Albion Player?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
It's going to happen. I can see Victoria on Brighton Beach this summer. Believe me!

I would absolutely love it, however I can't ever see it happening.
Let's say the top wage we could pay him is 25k p/w and that's being generous.
He could sit on the bench and play the final 30 for Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, West Ham, Fulham for what, 75k p/w?
That's the only hole in your ideology that I can find, although I'd love to be proven wrong!

Can't afford Beckham AND Thierry Henry...[/QUOTE

Can't afford Wayne Bridge yet he is here.

Beckham is not moving back to the UK for the money. Plenty of other big pay days available elsewhere.

He is after a club, going places, great stadium, passionate fans, without pressure, close to SW London.........possibly a club where he played his first game?

I was laughed at, before Christmas, I reckon the odds are now so favourable that it is hardly worth putting any money on this happening now? I believe!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is he good enough no for anybody other than Leyton Orient who would be like world beaters if they competed in the MSL judging by the standard of it which is about Lge 1 .

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
I have not read the whole thread, and don't intend to, but are there really people who honestly think Beckham or Lampard will come to us??

Who would of thought Wayne Bridge would be playing for us a couple of years ago.

Definitely think that the Beckham link has possibilities. He is moving to SW London, wants one more season of footie. Hardly going to play for Man U again. Where could be closer than a club that plays with flair?

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Who would of thought Wayne Bridge would be playing for us a couple of years ago.

Definitely think that the Beckham link has possibilities. He is moving to SW London, wants one more season of footie. Hardly going to play for Man U again. Where could be closer than a club that plays with flair?

You're deluded.

It won't happen.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)

I'm sure if i could be bothered I can find this out, but what age group are you in? sensible question, just give me an idea please....

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

not really the same is it, Bridge wasnt playing regularly with two other loan spells before us, and looking for someone/somewhere to believe in.

Lampard is a regular in a top 4 team, and i wouldnt be surprised if they end up signing him for another year. Beckham has been playing regular too, albeit a lower level, theres a Rizla slim chance but really moving to SW london doesnt say anything - he could commute to Paris from there for example.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here