Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Beckahm - As an Albion Player?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Watched a couple of LA Galaxy games on TV including the MLS Final. In the final he stood in one spot and when the ball came to him he kicked it with precision landing on a pin head right at the forwards legs. In my opinion no one else can pass like him. But we've got players that can do this. Lualua can get the ball onto the feet of our forwards, sadly the forwards just kick them into row X.
Looking forward to seeing Victoria in Churchill Square.
BIG QUESTION
If David & Victoria lived here and had another baby what would they call him/her. 'Old Shoreham Road Beckham' hasn't quite got a ring to it.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Listen to me

I am 45 years of age & have been watching the Albion all my life.

I have said loads of crap in my life

In the words of Vic and the rest of the Spice Girls... "Stop right now, thank you very much"

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
"Victoria, Victoria"

"What is it David?"

"I've changed my mind about signing for Paris St Germain, for £150k a week"

"Why? Are we going back to Milan?"

"No. Brighton. Apparently its a lovely place to bring up kids. There are some decent schools in Portslade, and a great pitch and putt course on the sea-front"

"But I thought you were excited about playing with Ronaldihno?"

"I was Vic, but not as much as Ryan Harley"

Yes. Can DEFINITELY see this happening. Great suggestion.

this. :D

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
He would certainly fit in with the "Tattoo Squad" of Hoskins and Bridcutt :mad:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Listen to me

I am 45 years of age & have been watching the Albion all my life.

I have said loads of crap in my life - but some of those crap things turned out pretty good in the end

The Albion are 8th.

Our home form is pretty poor with only wins against the bottom 4 - yet we are still 8th - just 3 points off the play offs.

This is because there's not much between any of the teams in the Championship.

They are all playing fairly well - but they are all short of the same thing.

A decent goal scorer.

Whichever team manages to grab one during the January window will be in with a good chance of promotion.

But how many decent strikers are around on the market?

What exactly is wanted?

They don't want a young fit bloke that's going to go tearing round the pitch with boundless energy.

They've already got some of those.

They want a goalmouth hanger-on.

Someone that doesn't have to be the fittest player in the word but has the ability to act quickly by using his brain.

And as all the teams are at about the same standard - who will be the biggest attraction?

It's got to be us.

With the Amex and Shoreham coming along nicely and no apparent money worries it's got to be us.

There's only one person in the world that fits the bill for exactly what we want - and I'm the only one who has been shouting his name for the past 2 or 3 months - and you know who I mean.

David Beckham.

Him and Victoria have really upset the world media - they live outside his house, waiting for him or her to do the slightest thing so they can make the headlines.

They've accused him of having sex with everyone and everything and how she is a right cow and a bully etc etc - yet they are still together with lovely kids and obviously still getting on well with each other.

Regarding his position - that's the exact point I was trying to make.

A midfielder is expected to tear-arse round the pitch in defence and attack.

At Brighton all we want him to do is camp on the penalty spot and pop in the occasional ball.

Money, I'm not too sure of.

After all he is 37 so I can't see him getting huge wages at places like Real Madrid etc.

But the most important thing to remember is - Brighton's a really nice place to live and bring up the kids.

I'm sure he's got all the dosh he needs already.

PS Don't forget to post your scores:

Blackburn v BHA - Score Predictor

If this is a serious post may I just say, with all due respect, you Sir are retarded.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Out of all the players we don't need is another midfielder especially an injury prone hasbeen

The general standard of the MLS is about Div 1 and he struggles in that league so his days of playing for a top team are well over and as far as shirt sales go the people who buy shirts wont remember him as player and to them he certainly isn't an icon as he was when they sold many shirts at Real Madrid.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot think that he will go to China as they are having financial problems according to Anelka and Drogba. The standard would probably suit him now and could be the best he will be able to play.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
he wont go to china. he doesnt need a pay day and the missus wants to push her designer career. will end up in France most likely, decent enough level for him, close to home perfect for missus.

Please read this very carefully

It is difficult to say how many countries there are in the world because there are arguments over 'what is a country?'

So the best way to come up with a figure is the number of countries that belong to the United Nations - which is 193.

This means, there was a 193/1 chance of David Beckham joining an English club . . . . . but he IS.
See here David Beckham moving back to England | Al Bawaba

There is no chance what-so-ever of him playing in League one or two . . . this just leaves the Premier or Championship.
44 clubs in total.

All of a sudden it doesn't look so impossible, does it?

As you'll see from the link above, they are going to buy a house in South-West London.
You can bet your nelly he doesn't want to live there and play up north - schlepping backwards and forwards.

It's got to be a club within striking distance of South-West London

So we can narrow that down to 12 clubs

Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, West Ham, Fulham, Reading, QPR, Crystal Pal, Watford, Millwall, Charlton and Brighton

Out of those 12 clubs - which would you say is the most ambitious?

eh?

eh?

It's going to happen. I can see Victoria on Brighton Beach this summer. Believe me!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here