Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dave Edmunds & Nick Lowe.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Rocky Sharpe And The Razors played their last ever gig at The Nashville Rooms and we had 'I cried at Rocky Sharpe's last gig' tissues made up for the hordes of teenage girls that used to flock down from Hampstead in their American Grafiti outfits, what a night. Interestingly enough, and just to round off this trip down memory lane, I should point out that I work with the guy who played bass in Eddie And The Hot Rods, he also played bass for The Damned and UFO! I also work with the lead singer of The Vapours who wrote the much used 'Turning Japanese'.
I thank you.
Are you still working for the Musicians' Union?

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Rocky Sharpe And The Razors played their last ever gig at The Nashville Rooms and we had 'I cried at Rocky Sharpe's last gig' tissues made up for the hordes of teenage girls that used to flock down from Hampstead in their American Grafiti outfits, what a night. Interestingly enough, and just to round off this trip down memory lane, I should point out that I work with the guy who played bass in Eddie And The Hot Rods, he also played bass for The Damned and UFO! I also work with the lead singer of The Vapours who wrote the much used 'Turning Japanese'.
I thank you.
Paul Gray then. I remember he played a Ricky when I was too young & potless to have one :rock:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I thank you.

Rocky Sharpe ?? Not as in Rocky Sharpe and the Replays ?

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Rocky Sharpe ?? Not as in Rocky Sharpe and the Replays ?
Well, kind of, Rocky Sharpe And The Razors was the original band. That band split up in 76 and out of it was born Darts. Then when Darts became successful, the two brothers from the old band (Rocky Sharpe and Johnny Stud) formed Rocky Sharpe And The Replays.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Speaking of rockabilly and revival bands, I just had Shakin' Stevens and The Sunsets first LP.
It's produced by Dave Edmunds, and has all the right sort of music for yer greabos. I almost wanted to smash a deck-chair over it, it sounds so authentic.

I think there is some kind of ven going on here, James Compton, Darts pianist also plays piano for Shakey.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
There's a whole piano instrumental piece on the Legend album, but I think it was from someone of another name. It was recorded in 1970.

Yes, that was definitely pre James. That was Shakey And The Sunsets. Word has it that he sacked The Sunsets when he got his major record deal, nice guy. Anyone out there remember Crazy Cavan?

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Well that debut is on Parlophone - you couldn't get more major than that, especially in 1970.
Fair enough, I think it was when he went solo, mid to late 70's? That the Sunsets got the push.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Yes, that was definitely pre James. That was Shakey And The Sunsets. Word has it that he sacked The Sunsets when he got his major record deal, nice guy. Anyone out there remember Crazy Cavan?

Oh yeah, last time I saw them was at the Tennesee club in Wood Green London in about 1997, great video of them called Blue Sude Shoes about the Rockabilly / Rocknroll weekenders in Norfolk which are still held at Hemsby and they are still great fun although more
emphasis is placed on Vintage this and that and all round authenticity sound. Teddy boy Boogie great song "Policeman put his maulers on my drape coat I pulled out my razor and changed his mind"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here