Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Very unusual that the club have admitted interest - especially in a striker.

Either they think they have little chance and so it doesn't matter.... or things are more advanced than is apparent ( with this player or another target ).

Forcing Celtic’s hand on their striker for Duffy plus cash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Call me greedy but but I’d add two more signings to that if we’re talking about ‘the dream’.

A keeper to properly challenge Maty such as Ugurcan Cakir and a fast winger/forward type player to slot in with AJ/March/Izquierdo all leaving. I’m thinking another big signing such as Neres, Diatta, Sarr, Buendía or Brooks.

I think only Izquierdo will be leaving.. Would be silly to sell a versatile team player like March.. Ashley Barnes effect you won't realise how good he is till he's killing it at another premier league side. Don't think he ever really puts a foot wrong aside from some bellow average crosses. Defends well, beats players and always tries his best.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Forcing Celtic’s hand on their striker for Duffy plus cash?

Would take Nuñez over Edouard to be honest, he's already a full international for a decent country and has a 1 in 2 record in a higher standard than the SPL imo.

Edit: Also likely to be less than half the price.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Would there not be a work permit issue or does he have a Spanish passport?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Would there not be a work permit issue or does he have a Spanish passport?

Even if he doesn't have a Spanish passport, from what I learned re Percy, Darwin, should qualify as he's played X games in Europe, is young, a recognised international (although probably doesn't hit the % required) and I assume they are a top international side.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
Southampton have now put in a formal offer and Benefica have now also entered the race, according to Brian Owen this morning.

File under 'long shot'

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I see we are being linked to another player as per today's Guardian :

Leeds and Brighton are both interested in Stuttgart's Argentine striker Nicolas Gonzalez, 22, who is expected to cost at least £15m. (Guardian)

I'm losing track of the various names we are supposed to be linked to!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Even if he doesn't have a Spanish passport, from what I learned re Percy, Darwin, should qualify as he's played X games in Europe, is young, a recognised international (although probably doesn't hit the % required) and I assume they are a top international side.

If he wants Prem football then Benfica are pissing in the wind

So could be down to money or who sells the vision the best .

He’s not going to be starting ahead of Ings that’s for sure

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Leeds and Brighton are both interested in Stuttgart's Argentine striker Nicolas Gonzalez, 22, who is expected to cost at least £15m. (Guardian)

Imagine the Leeds supporters reaction if we both have bids accepted, but the player chooses Brighton.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Very unusual that the club have admitted interest - especially in a striker.

Either they think they have little chance and so it doesn't matter.... or things are more advanced than is apparent ( with this player or another target ).

Press saying Stains already submitted 10 million bid? his buyout is 20. They also allege Sheff utd and Benfica sniffing around. Would be a coup.

I'm sold on Nunez, looks like he has the potential to be fantastic for us.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Purely watching the vid reels, he looks more Locadia potential than Ulloa. Not that impressive looking at first glances tbh.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Purely watching the vid reels, he looks more Locadia potential than Ulloa. Not that impressive looking at first glances tbh.

Not sure he would pass the no dic***ad policy with that hairstyle!

haircut.PNG

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

That’s what I thought about Gonzalez too, not a natural goal scorer (or Locadia as you put it!). However, he does looks like he has a very decent all round game with some lovely skills.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
This has probably been posted already but looks like we are interested in Nunez and Eduoard but none of the others.
He also stated earlier we want a striker and a left back ("other activity not ruled out if an opportunity arises in other positions").

Screenshot (197).png

And he reiterated recently Brighton stance on Ben White is "not for sale".
And on July 21st he said this about Ainsley Maitland-Niles: "my understanding is that at this point he is not on Brighton's list".

I'm all in on Nunez based on his general playing stats, a goal every other game (16 in 30), his height (6' 1"), his impressive first season outside of Uruguay (transferred to them 19/20), comes from Almeria's best team in 7 years (I put the chart in an earlier post), etc, etc, all stated in this thread.
Not sure about Eduoard and any players coming from SPL. Hard to judge. But I trust in Potter, Bloom, the board. Recently the signings have been good IMO.

EDIT: Nunez can also play on the wings:
Screenshot (201).png

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here