Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Apologies if I missed this but I only skipped through the previous posts so this could of already been said, but surely this is an ideal situation to off load Andone with a plus cash deal. He came from Spain and this just seems too good of a chance to miss to ge trid of TLS once and for all.

You think a team will be willing to take on Andone, permanently, when he only had surgery last month for ACL and MCL ruptures?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
No science in this as no two players are the same, but we bought both Ulloa and Hemed from them, when we were championship and they were Spanish second, as they are today.

Both Ulloa and Hemed were very good championship players. Hemed is never PL, and whilst Ulloa did make the step up, he was more bit part in the Leicester PL first team after accustoming for a while in the championship.

Darwin is coming from the same club and level both Ulloa and Hemed came from, to come into the PL first team, he'd have to be arguably better than Ulloa was?

The big difference is this guy is just 21, playing his first season on a different continent and still managed 16 goals in 30 games.

From what little I've seen, he has plenty of potential for Potter to work with.

I've just checked Ulloa and Hemed's stats for comparison,

Ulloa was 23, and also under the same circumstances, when we paid £1.62m for him, he had only managed 13 goals in 40 games.

Hemed had been in Spain 4 years before we picked him up on a free, he was 27 and had scored 8 in 35 that season.

As much as I loved them both, Darwin Nunez is a cut above.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I've found this very interesting statistical analysis of Nunez at

Totalfootballanalysis.com

They have compared all the leading strikers across the 2nd divisions of Europe. Here is their summary.

Darwin Nunez is, for me, the standout player. He is currently outperforming his xG with an xG of 0.59 and 0.67 goals per 90. He takes a lot of shots, 2.79 per 90, and has a decent conversion rate of 24%. He averages 4.58 touches in the penalty area per 90 but also attempts 3.79 dribbles per 90 minutes. Nunez is extremely effective at attacking in transition and leads the line well for his team.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

They have compared all the leading strikers across the 2nd divisions of Europe. Here is their summary.

Darwin Nunez is, for me, the standout player. He is currently outperforming his xG with an xG of 0.59 and 0.67 goals per 90. He takes a lot of shots, 2.79 per 90, and has a decent conversion rate of 24%. He averages 4.58 touches in the penalty area per 90 but also attempts 3.79 dribbles per 90 minutes. Nunez is extremely effective at attacking in transition and leads the line well for his team.

watching his highlights reel, i really like the look of him...... i honestly thought Locadia looked pretty meh in his pre arrival vids, before he came and subsequently flopped, Nunez however looks really impressive. Get him in

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC

watching his highlights reel, i really like the look of him...... i honestly thought Locadia looked pretty meh in his pre arrival vids, before he came and subsequently flopped, Nunez however looks really impressive. Get him in

Almeria has also had its best season in about 7 years.

I looked it up after the comparison to Hemed and Ulloa.

So he's coming from an ambitious and competitive team environment.

Screenshot (193).png

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So he's coming from an ambitious and competitive team environment.

Which is what he or his physical mirror image will be signing onto.

I'm sure, to a striker, our high (even the low) lights reel would have them thinking 'i can make a name for myself in that squad'.

I'm not so sure the Albion would have previously been a Premier League attraction.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Exactly.

The more I look at this kids stats the more excited I am. It would be great to get him in and then a left wing back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Which is what he or his physical mirror image will be signing onto.

I'm sure, to a striker, our high (even the low) lights reel would have them thinking 'i can make a name for myself in that squad'.

I'm not so sure the Albion would have previously been a Premier League attraction.

This is really the key.....and signing players like Lallana and Veltmann will only help boost that. The ‘statement’ signings of 2 CL-experienced players makes shouldn’t be underestimated.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'd say that is about as close to a dream window as we could have!

Call me greedy but but I’d add two more signings to that if we’re talking about ‘the dream’.

A keeper to properly challenge Maty such as Ugurcan Cakir and a fast winger/forward type player to slot in with AJ/March/Izquierdo all leaving. I’m thinking another big signing such as Neres, Diatta, Sarr, Buendía or Brooks.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Nunez, Maitland-Niles & Pedraza in, few of the fringe players out to offset the transfer balance = 10/10 window

Would be insane.

I don’t know that much about Pedraza but from videos I’ve watched he looks like he could definitely play as a left wing back.

Maitland-Niles was playing on the left wing in the FA Cup final wasn’t he?

And I’m sold on Nunez.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I've just checked Ulloa and Hemed's stats for comparison,

Ulloa was 23, and also under the same circumstances, when we paid £1.62m for him, he had only managed 13 goals in 40 games.

Hemed had been in Spain 4 years before we picked him up on a free, he was 27 and had scored 8 in 35 that season.

As much as I loved them both, Darwin Nunez is a cut above.

ulloa and hemed had fairly decent records in La Liga though , the league above.

Hard to compare , looks a good punt though

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
Call me greedy but but I’d add two more signings to that if we’re talking about ‘the dream’.

A keeper to properly challenge Maty such as Ugurcan Cakir and a fast winger/forward type player to slot in with AJ/March/Izquierdo all leaving. I’m thinking another big signing such as Neres, Diatta, Sarr, Buendía or Brooks.

You are right of course. In an absolutely perfect world I'd love to see a quick winger/wide attacker but hoping for Izquierdo to be back in the fray this pre season. Hoping Walton with time with Roberts is able to provide the competition for Ryan.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
You are right of course. In an absolutely perfect world I'd love to see a quick winger/wide attacker but hoping for Izquierdo to be back in the fray this pre season. Hoping Walton with time with Roberts is able to provide the competition for Ryan.

A fit Izquierdo would be amazing, he needs to be the same player as his first season though otherwise we should get rid.

Back on topic. According to the Argus, Bruno has links with Almeria, that could help us capture the Uruguayan.

“Potentially of most relevance is that with current coach Bruno, who played for Almeria before joining Valencia and later the Seagulls.”

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I am also reluctant to write Izquierdo off until we hear from the club on his injury situation. I really hope he comes back as new - which is not totally impossible.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Very unusual that the club have admitted interest - especially in a striker.

Either they think they have little chance and so it doesn't matter.... or things are more advanced than is apparent ( with this player or another target ).

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Very unusual that the club have admitted interest - especially in a striker.

Either they think they have little chance and so it doesn't matter.... or things are more advanced than is apparent ( with this player or another target ).

Have they?

The Argus story is from a ‘source close to the player’.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here