Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
A quick google search shows they haven’t been that sold on Nunez

Suggestion only bought him because lost out on Cavani and be happy be recoup what they bought him for.

https://www.brytfmonline.com/″-darwin-it-was-a-little-less-than-i-expected-as-a-coach-″/

https://www.record.pt/futebol/futeb...-continua-a-ser-alvo-agora-o-assedio-e-ingles

Benfica scored 109 goals in all competitions last season. Núñez got just 14. I’m not surprised they were disappointed. He played a lot of minutes with not too much return. I don’t think we’d touch him now but let’s see.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Benfica scored 109 goals in all competitions last season. Núñez got just 14. I’m not surprised they were disappointed. He played a lot of minutes with not too much return. I don’t think we’d touch him now but let’s see.

You might well be right, but seems was never properly 100% fit and was in and out of the side.

14 goals in 27 starts isn’t a poor return and still 3rd highest goalscorer for them.

I doubt our recruitment would completely bin him off after one average season

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Currently injured and couldn't score in a brothel.

What more evidence do you people need?

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
From the little I've seen, he works incredibly hard for the team. In that sense, he fits the mould. He has all the right "attributes" and does have the potential.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Just 14 goals :lol: we would be in dream land if one of our strikers scored 14 goals in 27.

Perfect Potter player IMO.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Now this is the best striker rumour yet. Definitely the right type of striker. This is the one. Go all in Albion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Never going to happen. More likely to get Scott Quigley!

Don’t see why it would be that far out of the question… ‘never going to happen’ is a bit extreme pal.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Just 14 goals :lol: we would be in dream land if one of our strikers scored 14 goals in 27.

Perfect Potter player IMO.

14 goals in 44 (all competitions). 3 of those came against sides in the cup who are probably the same Level as Worthing.

His highlights reel is very impressive though. He obviously played well for at least 10mins of those 44 appearances.

mike1901

May 12, 2017
Only 27 starts though … lots of sub appearances.

Turned us down once, just get the impression this is last chance saloon for a striker again this season.
If we don’t get him which I don’t think we will, will we get out of jail again this season, got rid of so many need more quality to come in.

mike1901

May 12, 2017
Only 27 starts though … lots of sub appearances.

Turned us down once, just get the impression this is last chance saloon for a striker again this season.
If we don’t get him which I don’t think we will, will we get out of jail again this season, got rid of so many need more quality to come in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I think there's more too it that 'turned us down'.
I'm comfortable with the rumour there was bigger fish in play then.

He didn't kick on last season so they have swam away meaning if he wants back in, he gotta come to a big league and prove himself.

mike1901

May 12, 2017
Thirty four million one hundred and fifty four thousand thereabouts then, sounds a lot for an injured player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here