Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

Stumpy Tim

My missus is Portuguese and agrees with [MENTION=14054]MJsGhost[/MENTION]!

The structure is the same and a lot of the words are very similar, you just have to get your head round the totally different pronunciation.

She struggles to understand Brazilians.

Funny, my mate is married to a Brazilian and he learnt Portuguese in Brazil. Maybe that's why we're hearing different things

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
I shall take that up with my ex. She’s English, works as a translator (Spanish/English & English/Spanish) and, having never studied Portuguese, can understand 90% of it.

What do I know...? I’m shit at languages! :)

I wouldn’t worry. Some English people are shit at speaking English as their first language, innit.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
As I understand it (which isn’t much) Almeria want money, not a deposit and players. Benfica are not offering hard cash, so we still have a chance, despite player preferences.

Sounds like the fat lady is about to start singing.

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.futebol365.pt%2Fartigo%2F240447-record-darwin-bate-recorde%2F

The arrival of Uruguayan Darwin Núñez to Luz today deserves the highlight of the newspaper «Record», which guarantees: «Striker one step closer to becoming Benfica's most expensive contract ever».

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
You've been offered 2 new houses to live in for free , plus you get bucket loads of cash thrown in , it would be wise to go see both houses and find out the sizes of the buckets , it's obvious , he's off to Leeds .

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
She would. Written, they look very similar......pronunciation is quite different though. In South America (Brazil in particular) they even speak a hybrid - Portuñol.

I used to work with a chef from Brazil, he simply couldn’t understand a word spoken by a Portuguese chap that used to come by the restaurant.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
So if this guy is Benfica bound who's next on our list of targets? Might be a good time to focus efforts on Watkins seeing as Brentford have just signed Toney.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Dodged a bullet hopefully. Who here would spend LARGE on an employee who would rather be elsewhere? Doesn’t matter how much exactly, but the biggest wage and package that you may ever give for an employee, could be 5k, 100k or if TB a headline figure of £25,000,000 plus wages. For someone who wants to work for someone else.

Who here would take that decision?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Dodged a bullet hopefully. Who here would spend LARGE on an employee who would rather be elsewhere? Doesn’t matter how much exactly, but the biggest wage and package that you may ever give for an employee, could be 5k, 100k or if TB a headline figure of £25,000,000 plus wages. For someone who wants to work for someoene else.

Who here would take that decision?

Ben White :moo:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
59D53622-DA55-4B01-8445-230FE3E13F27.png

It ain’t over yet.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
FFS can we please not allow ourselves to get dragged into a saga about this? If he's not coming then make it clear we're out and move on to someone else.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
FFS can we please not allow ourselves to get dragged into a saga about this? If he's not coming then make it clear we're out and move on to someone else.

The club never comment on transfers, we may be in with a great chance of singing him, or we may have moved on, on Friday, who knows?
He may do a Veltman and just show up, holding up the shirt.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003

This - I think we need to move on to other targets anyway. But knowing the club, they probably are but as is their way they will keep their cards close to their chest. Very much like the Veltman signing. None of us knew about that until it was formally announced.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here