Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

darren currie

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Oh I didnt realise.

The only thing is, there is nowt about it on bbc or skysorts website. So im not so sure its true to be fair.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I heard that he'd gone on strike the week before last. Apparently, a mate of mine who is a Luton fan said that they'd agreed to sell him to us and he'd travelled down here to agree personal terms and then Harford decided to change his mind at the last minute. Hence why Currie's gone on strike.

That said - there are two ways of looking at this...Firstly, Currie had the chance to join us twice within the last 3 years and twice he's said no...Now all of a sudden he wants to come and play for us again.

The other perspective is that(I may be wrong on this) but his Opta stats for this league are off the scale...Apparently he's contributed the most assists in this league and the championship and that with him not playing at the moment, so no wonder Luton have been so crap recently.

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
Last season to get in the playoffs you would have needed 73 points.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Sign him up... if I was Dick / Wendy I would be on the phone yesterday... what use is he to Luton if he doesn't want to play for them? His delivery expertise would transform the number of chances Forster and Murray get in a very positive way... I suspect they would bury them and fire us into the playoffs... we still lack creativity, IMHO... Currie is a good answer to that problem...

I heard that he'd gone on strike the week before last. Apparently, a mate of mine who is a Luton fan said that they'd agreed to sell him to us and he'd travelled down here to agree personal terms and then Harford decided to change his mind at the last minute. Hence why Currie's gone on strike.

Harty refered to something like this towards the end of one of last week's phone-ins (Saturday I think) but said further explanation would have to wait for a later date.
Que: Joshua (or his dad) after the Orient game.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Are the Luton players being paid yet?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
To be honest I was bit confused by the talk of "administrative" problems that supposedly stopped him coming last time.

I wasn't sure that being in administration stopped you loaning out players?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I understand from a Luton fan I work with that he isnt on strike and that he has been injured and he is not being paid.

Whether thats a "cover" story or not I dont know!

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
If I thought he could be the difference between us making the play-offs or not this year then I'd say get him back but he's not the future and I think that's what we've got to be building towards.

In my opinion getting him back would be a backward step.

Why if he helped us win games now, is it a backwards step? There is too much of this if we signed him it's a backward step nonsense.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Luton fan who has come in today for a meeting reckons that currie will never pull on a Luton shirt again. He said he has been sacked by Luton for saying that he wanted away...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here