Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

darren currie

Stinkers Bridge

Jul 28, 2004
Buxted Harbour
Luton fan who has come in today for a meeting reckons that currie will never pull on a Luton shirt again. He said he has been sacked by Luton for saying that he wanted away...

He played in the Luton reserves at Southend on Tuesday on his way back from injury and could be available for selection for the first team's game at Root's Hall on Saturday.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
One plays in a position where we are lacking depth. One doesn't.

Skidmarks

Feb 12, 2008
Woolworths
One plays in a position where we are lacking depth. One doesn't.

Completely agree but its more to do with what Dick and Dean want for the future by the sounds of things, Currie hasn't been linked since the last day of the window and we were looking at Currie and Cullip at a time when players like Westlake and Bowditch weren't at the club and Elphick and Lynch were injured.
Would love to see Currie back but i don't think the wage would open the door

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Don't think we were ever linked with Cullip. We actually turned him down we he asked to train with us. Currie however we were linked to.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Completely agree but its more to do with what Dick and Dean want for the future by the sounds of things, Currie hasn't been linked since the last day of the window and we were looking at Currie and Cullip at a time when players like Westlake and Bowditch weren't at the club and Elphick and Lynch were injured.
Would love to see Currie back but i don't think the wage would open the door

surley he would take anything, luton arnt even paying there players at the moment :lolol:

Skidmarks

Feb 12, 2008
Woolworths
Crap comment of the year award!

love your opinion Arrid, full of knowledge i see, these two were both linked at the same time if you knew what was happening during the transfer window, but rumour had it the club didn't want to make transfers which could suggest the clubs gone backwards.
Crap comment of the year? Probably for you:.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
The club didn't want to make transfer? Despite the fact we brought in our most expensive signing in twenty five years, a couple of midfielders and a defender on loan. Doesn't seem like not wanting to make transfers to me.

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
love your opinion Arrid, full of knowledge i see, these two were both linked at the same time if you knew what was happening during the transfer window, but rumour had it the club didn't want to make transfers which could suggest the clubs gone backwards.
Crap comment of the year? Probably for you:.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Err, Clever boy, Cullip was never ever, at any stage, linked with a return back to BHA during the transfer window "Fact".

Skidmarks

Feb 12, 2008
Woolworths
Err, Clever boy, Cullip was never ever, at any stage, linked with a return back to BHA during the transfer window "Fact".

HHHHMMMM Well i know as much as you and that means we weren't given any facts until they were bought, and rumoar had it when Cullip was made avaliable jan/feb there was talk of him comming back , just like when Luton went into administration and Currie was linked with the Albion, talk but no facts.
I think you have to remember that the majority of football rumoars like the current Currie claims can't be "FACT"untill bought. My point is that its obvious that the club wouldn't want to sign old players as they want to look like a club moving forward hence why i mentioned why Cullip wasn't bought and as much as i would love to see him back, neither will Currie.
Clever boy :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Cullip said himself that he was turned down by the Albion. We didn't want him, its a fact. No one (apart from NSC) ever mentioned Cullip. Currie we actually had down here for talks and the Luton manager changed his mind about selling him to us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here