Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

darren currie

Skidmarks

Feb 12, 2008
Woolworths
Cullip said himself that he was turned down by the Albion. We didn't want him, its a fact. No one (apart from NSC) ever mentioned Cullip. Currie we actually had down here for talks and the Luton manager changed his mind about selling him to us.

You missed out a very big point and that is "according to the argus"
Cullip has admitted Albion turned him down, but they have turned down players before they once showed intrest in, anyway its not my point. My point is like i'v said before if their to turn down Cullip for the ambition of the future then i'm sure thats why they won't get Currie.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
The difference between signing Cullip and Carrie are obviously though, aren't they? Whilst neither are for the future Cullip isn't needed by us now and Currie is. If we were offered both players on a free, I would be willing to bet my right arm we would take Currie no questions asked and reject Cullip.

Skidmarks

Feb 12, 2008
Woolworths
The difference between signing Cullip and Carrie are obviously though, aren't they? Whilst neither are for the future Cullip isn't needed by us now and Currie is. If we were offered both players on a free, I would be willing to bet my right arm we would take Currie no questions asked and reject Cullip.

Obviously, but whats with all this free business? we tried to but him in January didn't we? why and how can we get him on a free now? Luton are close to a takeover, and their currently in a relagation battle, why get rid of him for nothing 2 months before the season finishes? It looks very slim that we're to get him.

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
You missed out a very big point and that is "according to the argus"
Cullip has admitted Albion turned him down, but they have turned down players before they once showed intrest in, anyway its not my point. My point is like i'v said before if their to turn down Cullip for the ambition of the future then i'm sure thats why they won't get Currie.

Again nonsense, you said we wouldn't get either Cullip or Curry because it was 'rumoured it would be seen as backward step'. When fact has it, we were turned down in an attempt for Currie and quite clearly didn't want Cullip.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Obviously, but whats with all this free business? we tried to but him in January didn't we? why and how can we get him on a free now? Luton are close to a takeover, and their currently in a relagation battle, why get rid of him for nothing 2 months before the season finishes? It looks very slim that we're to get him.

We wont get him now, of that I quite agree. However you have been writing your posts as if we wouldn't want him as it would be a "backwards step".

Skidmarks

Feb 12, 2008
Woolworths
Again nonsense, you said we wouldn't get either Cullip or Curry because it was 'rumoured it would be seen as backward step'. When fact has it, we were turned down in an attempt for Currie and quite clearly didn't want Cullip.

Yes it has been rumoured that Cullip was turn down because of it being a 'backward step' your point? Currie can't be bought outside the transfer window and i can't see Currie being loaned by a team in the same league by a team in the relegation zone,Currie will be a backwarward signing if bought because it will have to be done in the summer,whats Curries age? what will it be next season? we can't be that desperate, he was nothing special against us this season!

Skidmarks

Feb 12, 2008
Woolworths
We wont get him now, of that I quite agree. However you have been writing your posts as if we wouldn't want him as it would be a "backwards step".

Its an obvious backward step signing a winger who will be 35 for a team pushing to go up next season with Famer only 2 yrs away.
Yes he's just what we neede at the moment but thats not going to happen, surely the club would look for younger,quicker and more promising talent in the summer than an ex-player way past his best at an old age of 35?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Its an obvious backward step signing a winger who will be 35 for a team pushing to go up next season with Famer only 2 yrs away.
Yes he's just what we neede at the moment but thats not going to happen, surely the club would look for younger,quicker and more promising talent in the summer than an ex-player way past his best at an old age of 35?

Who said anything about next year? This year I think he would be a useful addition.

However we should try and sign the best players we can in the summer, if Currie is one of those then great if not then we wont sign him. No part of Curries game was ever about pace so im not sure they age will effect him so much.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Don't think we were ever linked with Cullip. We actually turned him down we he asked to train with us. Currie however we were linked to.
In the Gillingham programme, he said "because of where I live Millwall was my closest club and they agreed to let me train with them"

And there was me thinking he lived in Newick!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here