Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Darren Currie: Worse than David Lee?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I wouldn't like to see either of them next game, i would like to see Gary Hart on the right, Currie doesn't look fit and needs to work on that and Lee, well we know he's the best in training but bottles playing in a real game.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Currie is not up for it by any means - total waste of time :angry: :angry:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Why was he not given a shorter contract so he had the incentive to get fit?

At least Lee can run. As can Harty.

I knew when I first saw him at Stevenage, I knew he would rapidly become a "fan's favourite"! :lolol: :lolol:

Actually, he's growing on me. He took a lot of responsibility in the first half, which was more than some other players did.

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Utter shite. He looked totally uninterested in the second half, I couldnt believe he stayed on when Jarrett and Molango went off. I could have done a better job on the right wing tonight.

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
Currie has got a lot of space on the right
gary hart runs into this space, currie don't
gary takles back, currie don't
gary tries, currie don't

MCGHEE PLAY HART NOT CURRIE

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I thought Nicolas played well in the first half but was let down by those around him.

capone

Feb 7, 2004
Brighton
Currie has had 2 poor games on the trot, although to give him the benefit of the doubt on Saturday at Reading he stayed wider than tonight and didn't get the best service.

Anyway he looks unfit and generally not up to the standard required for this division - can't understand why he's been given a year's contract.

Harty's a better option - anyone know why he didn't figure at all on Sat?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Currie needs to at least start to look interested, or he is going to be in for some fearful stick. Quite how McGhee could justifiy subbing Jarrett tonight (and Saturday) and Molango, whilst leaving Currie on the pitch for the full 90 is beyond me. The only explanation I can think of is that he doesn't want Currie to go off to a chorus of jeers and abuse, cos at the moment, thats all he would get for his "efforts" in the first two games.

james

May 14, 2004
Lindfield
McGhee said he didn't play Harty because he didn't want to play anyone "out of position". Begs the questions why Mayo played centre of midfiled tonight???

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'd love to see Harty immediately replace Currie.

The prospect of watching him defend stoutly, run into blind alleys and miss sitters fills me with hope for the season ahead....

I love Harty for his attitude, but take off the rose-tinted specs. He wasn't a creative genius last season, so why would he become one a division higher?

Currie can deliver a good ball and an excellent corner, and even during a dreadful team performance tonight there were a couple. He has the potential to improve the team if it works out.... Harty doesn't .

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
james said:
McGhee said he didn't play Harty because he didn't want to play anyone "out of position". Begs the questions why Mayo played centre of midfiled tonight???

That is where he originally played when he first came into the team , perhaps slightly to the left a bit because he is left footed. I think it was Nobby Horton who tried him out at Left back but not 100% sure. Thought that he did quite well tonight in midfield but then I would because I have advocated this for some time.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
What's all this out of position rubbish? Since when has Harty NOT been a striker - there are some very short memories on heere. He's regularly filled that role down the years.

babyshambles

Jul 21, 2004
Brighton
jarret is going to get better i think, currie too, currie has got vision and jarret links things together well. a good manager will sort currie out (90 mins is one way) he will be a valuable asset with leon and molango up front together.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here