Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danny Welbeck.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
He’s simply fantastic.

His ability to influence a game, to receive and lay off the ball, to be in the right place, it’s marvelous. And he puts in the yards, chasing down players, causing them to rush passes. I love him. A model pro.

I think it’s another 16 appearances to match Man U for all time appearances. And I hope he does it. I think he will.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Welbeck is criminally underrated by some Albion fans. What he offers us in experience, pace and general play is worth so much more than just goals.

He’s been a brilliant signing and remains our best centre forward, despite all of the money we’ve spent and the promising players coming through.

Let’s hope we can get two or three more years out of him playing at his current level.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Welbeck is criminally underrated by some Albion fans. What he offers us in experience, pace and general play is worth so much more than just goals.

He’s been a brilliant signing and remains our best centre forward, despite all of the money we’ve spent and the promising players coming through.

Let’s hope we can get two or three more years out of him playing at his current level.
Certainly not underrating mr W here! I often sit in WSU deliberately watching him and appreciating everything he does. His goal yesterday was beautifully taken, and a class assist as well….. and I wasn’t in WSU yesterday.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Always great to look at the original Danny Welbeck thread when he was linked with us. Some absolute whoppers on there saying he wasn’t good enough for us.
Yes. I do believe there is somewhere a post from me saying we shouldn't sign him as he was an ageing crock. Championship level at best, I opined, we need to be signing young prospects not old has-beens.

Whilst obviously that does make a lot of sense as a general policy there are always exceptions - and I was wrong on Welbeck. Very, very wrong.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
He was great against Everton, aging like fine wine. Turning more Bergkampesque with each season and it suits him well.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
That is ancient! I have been told that he is even older than our coach.
He's not older than this coach...

VCR327c.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here