Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dan Harding

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Auditor said:
Spot on Easy - although I'd rather be in the Pub arguing the toss on these issues:drink:
So would I.
And funnily enough, in about 15 minutes I will be :thumbsup:

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
London Irish said:

The first goal was Rasiak in the inside right position dragging Butters out of the defensive line and Smith walking through the hole created and scoring. Fault: Butters.

It is totally laughable to scapegoat Harding for our poor Derby display. In fact, McGhee moved Harding into centre midfield during the course of the game in an attempt to counteract the Derby playmakers, such was his confidence in him.

I thought the first goal was Hardings fault as Butters was caught out of position because he was where Harding was supposed to be who was in no mans land.

Secondly, Harding was Shit in midfield.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Stumpy Tim said:
Deary me. We're playing at a high level, while Harding is very new to pro football. He also has Currie in front of him who admits he has a weakness in defending. And we all seem very happy to slate him.

He looks excellent in U21's where he has a midfielder who has been taught to defend. I'm not slating Currie, but as a defender I would rather have Hammond in front me than Currie.

The kid needs support, not abuse

Nail on the head Stumpy! However, saying that if Dan's parents want to come on here then they should expect abuse sometimes. No player is immune from this... except Peter Ward!

Give the guy time... I think it would be a big msitake if he left for the Premiership as still has a lot to learn but he's doing ok. Mayo and Watto are not real options.

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
SULLY COULDNT SHOOT said:
Nail on the head Stumpy! However, saying that if Dan's parents want to come on here then they should expect abuse sometimes. No player is immune from this... except Peter Ward!

Give the guy time... I think it would be a big msitake if he left for the Premiership as still has a lot to learn but he's doing ok. Mayo and Watto are not real options.

I'm sure Dans parents know everyone has there own opinion and are intitled to it. I expect his Dad is probably his biggest critic.

Uncle Buck said:
I really would not bother arguing, he will claim black is white to get the last word in.

Well, if you are trying to get the last word in Uncle Buck, try and string at least one constructive argument together. This is very weak and poor stuff.

Hannibal smith said:
I thought the first goal was Hardings fault as Butters was caught out of position because he was where Harding was supposed to be who was in no mans land.

Secondly, Harding was Shit in midfield.

If Harding bolts across from his left flank every time he thinks one of our central defenders is about to be beaten, he will leave his flank exposed to an overlapping player. Then everyone would be pointing fingers at him for not defending his zone of the pitch. If you want to look around the pitch at players who should have been back there helping out Butters, I would have pointed to our two central midfielders.

Yes, Harding made little impact when moved to central midfield.

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford
Saint Lennard said:
Some of it could be because we spend the majority of our disposable income for them to be paid extortionate salaries to carry out something they enjoy 100% and something we would all love the opportunity to do for half the money.

Totally agree. Fair play to anyone who manages to make it in the professional game but it is our hard earned cash that pays their wages so I think we're entilted to an opinion and I think a few people have forgotten that!

The poor lad is out of his depth and is not surrounded by Premiership players like the vast majority of the U21s. No disrepect to any of our team but when he has made a mistake this season there has been no-one to make up for it and it has cost us goals and points. Simple as that.

Not sure that we have a ready made solution but my thoughts are; could play Hinsh at right back as he seems to have played well there this season and try El Abd at left back as he's been terrific all season.

:thumbsup:

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
London Irish said:

If Harding bolts across from his left flank every time he thinks one of our central defenders is about to be beaten, he will leave his flank exposed to an overlapping player. Then everyone would be pointing fingers at him for not defending his zone of the pitch. If you want to look around the pitch at players who should have been back there helping out Butters, I would have pointed to our two central midfielders.

Agree to differ. Tommy Smith was right winger and was unmarked and neither was the guy who passed the ball under any pressure from on the flank. Surely Harding should have been on one or the other, rather than caught between the two? I haven't seen the goals since but my initial reaction was the Harding was ball watching leaving Smith with a free run.

I do, however, agree that with Currie on his wing he will be exposed from time to time. If El Abd had as much help as Harding had on Wednesday night Derby would have run up a cricket score.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Or a fish on a bike.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Dan Harding strikes me as a defensive left back and not much more. He des not go AWOL as much as Kerry Mayo. He will do.

An extra worry with some so called "easy" home matches coming up is the decided lack of speed with Butter and Cullip in the centre of defence. This means if we push up too much to get goals we can get caught out too easily with a fast breakaway.

The answer to me would to partner one of the slow defenders with someone with a bit of speed and nous in the centre of defence.

I do not know what the best of the available defenders is the fastest and best? Could it be Virgo or Hinshelwood? Are they good enough?

If Cullip and Butters are both too slow, who would you replace? As I have said before, I would replace Danny Cullip and put him in midfield (in place of Oatway: everything Charlie can do, Danny can do better). We have tried Virgo before in front of the back four and that seemed to work for one match.

It seems to me the whole team is lacking in quality through the spine of tha team, and that we could do with a class central defender, a class midfielder and a class striker.

:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here