Dan Harding

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Certainly does...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
FFS... Harding needs time... he is young, and he will develop into a better player... Mayo hasn't and won't... I would stick with Harding, unless the number of mistakes he makes mounts up like it did early in the season, then he should be dropped for Mayo...

I seem to remember Harding being in the right place to kick the ball off the line twice in one game a few games ago... i.e. he performed heroics for the cause... some people have very short memories...

As for the lack of pace comment, I guarantee that Harding would beat Mayo in any race over a short distance... Mayo was constantly beaten for pace when he was brought in earlier in the season...

Personally, I hope Harding signs a new contract...

People on here wanting to get rid of our best young players need their head examined, IMHO...

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
b.w.2. said:
FFS... Harding needs time... he is young, and he will develop into a better player... Mayo hasn't and won't... I would stick with Harding, unless the number of mistakes he makes mounts up like it did early in the season, then he should be dropped for Mayo...

All I would say on that is that last night all three goals came from lack of marking / mistakes down our left side and the left back for two of them was Harding.

I do not think in our team he is all that special, maybe with better players around him he looks the business? But in our current financial situation and the fact that he does not look all that, surely we would be best served by flogging him, before any potential buyers see him play too much.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's dodgy - simple as that. I havn't seen last nights goals, and I'm sure that they wern't solely down to Harding, but he does seem to be something of a weak link and he certainly cost us at Sunderland.

Sorry, but I just cannot FATHOM how he has made it to the U21 team - it certainly doesn't seem to be based on his performances this season. He gets caught out of position, is often clumsy and weak in the tackle, and his distribution is poor.

I'm sure he has potential to develop into a better player, and yes he is only young, but I can only call it as I see it, and I just don't think the fella is up to scratch.

As a full-back, El-Abd is STREETS ahead of Harding in my opinion.

Last edited:

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Uncle Buck said:
So if some dodgy Scouse club is about to offer us some moody notes for him, take them.

Rip their arm off before they change their minds - I see the insider says we have had no offers for any of our players - all press speculation i suppose

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
His problem is his agent, basically telling him he is too good for the Albion so dont sign a new contract. I think this has rubbed off on Harding.

His best oerformance i have seen was in Azerbaijan for the U21's.

Luckily if he does go we will still get compensation as he is U23 and the Bossman ruling means we get something.

Then again many more performances like last night and his agent better be calling McGhee and Knight and getting a new deal signed!

Mr Blobby

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
But in all the U21 games I have seen Harding has not looked out of place ! in fact I thought he's settled into the England LB position very well and looks composed on the ball.

I agree with some of the posts on here that he has made mistakes but he's young ! he will make more BUT will learn from them, and in a couple of years will be a much better player for it.............Have patience !

He has more pace than Mayo but does get caught out of position sometimes perhaps more then Mayo would.

The goal line clearances were against Cardiff and I thought he was excellent that night !

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
I've always been impressed by him, but as a young prospect, not the finished article. Too much is expected of him as an England u-21, he needs time - this is a higher level, but he will adjust to it in time. I've seen two of last night's goals, and neither appeared to be Harding's fault, rather Rasiak excelling. Oh, to have him in our team.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Uncle Buck said:
All I would say on that is that last night all three goals came from lack of marking / mistakes down our left side and the left back for two of them was Harding.

I do not think in our team he is all that special, maybe with better players around him he looks the business? But in our current financial situation and the fact that he does not look all that, surely we would be best served by flogging him, before any potential buyers see him play too much.

Flogging him is too good. Put him in stocks and i can throw fortnight old Albion pies at him:lolol: :lolol:

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
I don't know what Mayo did to warrant being dropped; and I don't know what Harding has done to warrant his continued occupation of the left-back berth.
As I have said before, Harding is one of those players that coaches rate and fans do not.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Mr Blobby said:
His problem is his agent, basically telling him he is too good for the Albion so dont sign a new contract. I think this has rubbed off on Harding.

Or everyone here thinking that he should be brilliant because he has played for the U-21's?

Anyway, what cash do we get for him? a small amount in compensation - certainly won't be anything like the Barry payout, who had already established himself as a premiership player by then.

Best he signs a new contract and we sell him on for more when he is good enough for the premier. and if he goes now - who covers for Mayo at left back?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Kalimantan Gull said:
Or everyone here thinking that he should be brilliant because he has played for the U-21's?
Who said anything about being brilliant ? Adequate would do for starters.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Hadlee said:
But in all the U21 games I have seen Harding has not looked out of place ! in fact I thought he's settled into the England LB position very well and looks composed on the ball.

I agree with some of the posts on here that he has made mistakes but he's young ! he will make more BUT will learn from them, and in a couple of years will be a much better player for it.............Have patience !

He has more pace than Mayo but does get caught out of position sometimes perhaps more then Mayo would.

The goal line clearances were against Cardiff and I thought he was excellent that night !

Hadlee you are on drugs!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Auditor said:
"Easy" Easy you'll upset his parents
They knew the risks. Anyway, I upset MY parents every day when they read the tripe I've been writing. Why should Dans parents be protected...?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here