Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dan Harding

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
So... Gritt, Horton, Adams, Taylor, Coppell, and Mcghee all stuck with him because hes rubbish?

He is much safer than Harding.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Mayo is an ok left back, lacks pace but so do Watson and Harding.

Mayo looks uncomfortable when big mark plays him at centre half or in midfield

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Right. Now I'm angry. I posted a thread which was basically the same as this and got slaughtered for it. I had pm's telling me to shut up as Dan's parents read this site. When did it become OK to admit that he is not all he's cracked up to be then?

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Don't think Mayo is the answer but in previous seasons he has been let down by that Welsh Skinhead goin walkabout and leaving him to defend the flank on his own. At least he would get better protection this season. Which is the big question mark over Harding being so exposed. Cash in now before Taylor has a change of heart or is no longer England U21 manager.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Commander said:
Right. Now I'm angry. I posted a thread which was basically the same as this and got slaughtered for it. I had pm's telling me to shut up as Dan's parents read this site. When did it become OK to admit that he is not all he's cracked up to be then?

I got a similar email to which i was unable to return my response. Which is Tuff Sh1t, if you don't like it go to Brightonfans.com......:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

He is poor, ok he's young but that doesn't hide the fact he can't cut it at this level and he is priviliged that Peter Taylor is where he is.

Watto had the same capability problem when we came up last time.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Commander said:

Surely the fact that dans parents use the site should restrict opinion - restrict abuse yes opinion no

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
Part of the problem with Harding is the lack of cover in front of him. Currie is not a defender and lacks pace. This effectively means that our left side is often exposed and opposition teams seem to pick this up pretty quickly.

Having watched Kerry Mayo since the start of his Albion career, I honestly don't think he would be able to do a better job under that much pressure. Yes, he might be a bit wiser in some of his decisions, 300 odd games worth of experience helps somewhat. When Mayo was Harding's age he was just as raw. Harding just needs experience and we as fans need to allow him to get it ...

IMHO Harding is an excellent prospect, I think peoples views on him may be different if he had a more 'defensive' minded midfielder in front of him.

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The Auditor said:
Surely the fact that dans parents use the site should restrict opinion - restrict abuse yes opinion no

I take it you meant shouldn't restrict opinion? If so, yeah, my point exactly. I couldn't belive it. My dad uses this site but that doesn't stop people having a go at me. If Harding goes to Everton(!) his parents will have to get use to it. I'm not having a go at him, I just don't think he will cut it at that level.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
ManOnTheRun said:
Part of the problem with Harding is the lack of cover in front of him. Currie is not a defender and lacks pace. This effectively means that our left side is often exposed and opposition teams seem to pick this up pretty quickly.

Having watched Kerry Mayo since the start of his Albion career, I honestly don't think he would be able to do a better job under that much pressure. Yes, he might be a bit wiser in some of his decisions, 300 odd games worth of experience helps somewhat. When Mayo was Harding's age he was just as raw. Harding just needs experience and we as fans need to allow him to get it ...

IMHO Harding is an excellent prospect, I think peoples views on him may be different if he had a more 'defensive' minded midfielder in front of him.

Fair comment.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Commander said:
I take it you meant shouldn't restrict opinion? If so, yeah, my point exactly. I couldn't belive it. My dad uses this site but that doesn't stop people having a go at me. If Harding goes to Everton(!) his parents will have to get use to it. I'm not having a go at him, I just don't think he will cut it at that level.

Agreed - I get plenty of abuse because I'm not party line - its water of a ducks back - aggression wont force me or any of the other non-compliers off here - we give our view ,others dont have to agree as long as we dont overstep the mark whats the problem

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Commander said:

I would not worry about it, feel proud that you have rilled the high and mighty on here.

*next time mention hoolies and ticket touts*.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Uncle Buck said:
I would not worry about it, feel proud that you have rilled the high and mighty on here.

It was a very proud moment for me.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Uncle Buck said:
Another favourite is to talk about Oatway in less than glowing terms, then watch and wait.

I didn't realise it was possible to talk about Oatway in glowing terms(?)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here