Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

cyclists....

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Gwylan said:

Most cyclists have an instinct for self-preservation that means they don't ride through red lights..

I don't know about that, if you think i'm stopping my bicycle every 50 yds for a set of lights that have only been put there recently to try and solve the traffic problem then you don't see the value of speed over inconvenience.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
I ride my bike fairly often, though I drive to work. Frankly, I'm not that bothered if some wanker motorist tries to knock me off my bike, cos at the end of the day it's them that's going to get the points on their license and a nice little fine, not me.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Easy 10 said:
The bottom line is, there are shitty inconsiderate motorists and there are shitty inconsiderate cyclists. These debates always go round in circles, and no-one ever comes out "right" or "wrong". I think someone said earlier that when they're driving, they HATE cyclists, and when they're cycling, they HATE motorists. Thats about as good a summing up as I've seen.

But its always a fun debate :)
[/QUOTE

That's fair enough. I won't dispute that there are inconsiderate cyclists and they piss me off greatly. It's like seeing Brighton supporters behave like wankers, I feel they're letting the side down.

As a cyclist, I wouldn't be upset about paying a small amount of road tax but in return I'd like more cycle lanes and for them to be enforced so any cars parking in them to get an instant fine. For example, the Lewes Road by the old barracks is a nightmare to negotiate as cars are constantly parked in the cycle lane. A few fines would clear that in no time.

Yoda

English & European
clapham_gull said:
I don't drive, but just can't believe the inconsideration cyclists can show towards pedestrians.

I can't believe the inconsideration shown by drivers to cyclists.

If it's my right of way then theres a car parked on the side of a road, and someone driving down the opposite way, the driver will still force it's way through causing me to stop. Do I get a sorry or thank you? NO!!! :angry:

Couple of pints.

Yes via paying my taxes I do pay for the roads and other transportation systems in the UK Especially in London and in Brighton, the vast majority of roads are maintained by the LOcal Authororities. Therefore if you pay Council Tax. You're paying for their maintanance.

Plus it is only recommended that where cycling lanes are provided, that cyclist use them it is not obligatory and I have to say sometimes it is bloody dangerous. There are some unfortuate egs in London where the poor design of the cycle lane has helped to lead to the DEATH OF CYCLISTS.:shootself

lc

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Basically a certain propertion of all road users are idiots. Drivers, cyclists, pedestrians....NONE MORE THAN OTHERS, you just notice it more on whatever form of transport you are travelling on.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Basically a certain propertion of all road users are idiots. Drivers, cyclists, pedestrians....NONE MORE THAN OTHERS, you just notice it more on whatever form of transport you are travelling on.

Agree to a large extent.
However i 'm gettin well pissed off with cyclists coming up behind me on the pavement and then ringing there bell or asking me to get out the way .

NO , get on the f***ing road

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
keaton said:
Agree to a large extent.
However i 'm gettin well pissed off with cyclists coming up behind me on the pavement and then ringing there bell or asking me to get out the way .

NO , get on the f***ing road

That's naughty, and it's an offence to ride on the pavement. Next time it happens, whip round with your mobile phone camera and take a photo. Tell them that if you see them on the pavement again that you will take the photo to the police. It can cost them up to £500, but normally attracts a £30 fine.

Refuse to move, and make them get onto the road where they belong.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Firingblanks1 said:
So none of you car drivers have ever broken the speed limit?

Facts:
1. Speed kills.
2. Cycling is good for you - A bit of excercise might do some of you porkers good?
3. Cycling does not pollute the city.
4. Cycling is cheaper (No parking charges).
5. Cycling generally does not kill pedestrians.
6. Many car drivers are jealous of cyclists.

A few simple things would make life better.
1. Ban cars in the City of Brighton and Hove (it worked in London).
2. Compulsory conscription for anyone seen driving a 4x4!
3. Put Jeremy Clarkson on a bonfire with archer and belloti and burn it!

Stands back and waits for abuse from boy racers etc.

:salute:

Burn Him!! :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
cycling and pedestrianising (should there be such a word) will soon be safe in BN1 following the inevitable introduction of the Congestion Charge. Suddenly the council-estimated figures of 55% of residents using their cars for journeys of about a mile will shrink to the same pleasant levels of Central London traffic. Nice thing is, if it stops working, you just raise the charge a bit more til even the dimmest chav gets the general idea. Bring it on! :lol:

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Firingblanks1 said:
Burn gvce26 he is an inconsiderate motor loving lazy bar steward.....
:flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun

Easy porky!! :lolol:

How do you get to work everyday? ???

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sssshh, shouldn't we be trying to convince that nice Mr Baker of Lewes that we're all going to cycle to Falmer each week?

Now I think of it, assuming the people hearing the judicial review have brains in the right places and come to the correct decision, I may be tempted to contravene all my principles and buy a whacking great 4x4 vehicle just so I can park it by Falmer duck pond every home game at the new stadium and annoy the residents. Double park it in fact (isn't that what 4x4s were designed for, inconsiderate parking?).

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
clapham_gull said:
I don't drive, but just can't believe the inconsideration cyclists can show towards pedestrians.

Try this one - the amount of pedestrians who inconsiderately amble along in the roads around Sydney Street because they can't hear a car engine coming, or people who walk straight into the road, again because they can't hear a car engine and therefore don't bother to look.

Yoda

English & European
Cheeky Monkey said:
or people who walk straight into the road, again because they can't hear a car engine and therefore don't bother to look.

Yep! Had that yesterday morning on the way to work.

Stupid bint was talking to a postie. Stepped straight back into the road and nearly into me on my bike. The postie saw me coming and just grabbed her tp stop a collision. :nono:

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
Yoda said:
Yep! Had that yesterday morning on the way to work.

Stupid bint was talking to a postie. Stepped straight back into the road and nearly into me on my bike. The postie saw me coming and just grabbed her tp stop a collision. :nono:

Don't know about these days but in my day bikes had BRAKES could you not have just used them or even turned the handle bars?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
HampshireSeagulls said:
That's naughty, and it's an offence to ride on the pavement. Next time it happens, whip round with your mobile phone camera and take a photo. Tell them that if you see them on the pavement again that you will take the photo to the police. It can cost them up to ?500, but normally attracts a ?30 fine.

Refuse to move, and make them get onto the road where they belong.

Far more cars drive on the pavement than cyclists. Get real.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here