Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

cyclists....

brighton2win

Aug 21, 2005
i nearly ran over someone on my bike in the paper round days :) went through a red light because it was pitch black, freezing, raining and i had my hood up so i could hardly see :jester:

curly

Jul 5, 2003
gosport
also ran over two pedistrians who walked out in front of me, one walked out between parked cars whilst a lorry was overtaking one foot to the right of me, so where do i go into the parked car, or under the lorry of into the "soft" pedistrian?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Chesney Christ 1 said:
Why would it bother anyone if a cyclist ignores traffic lights and just gets off the road, on to the pavement and rides off? I couldn't give two shits.

I always thought the same. If a cyclist gets off his bike at a red light and pushes it for a bit, doesn't that just make him a pedestrian pushing stuff, albeit in embarrassing lycra clothing that frankly no genuine pedestrian would be seen dead in.

Last edited:

Yoda

English & European
London Calling said:
I abide by all of the highway code, you know why, because its bloody safer with a bunch of incompetant car drivers around me, ignoring a huge range of the legal framework and highway code.

You drive in an urban area its 30mph unless its says otherwise.

You know your indicators...use them and it helps when you do use them, you use the right ones:shootself .

When I am turning right and have clearly indicated. Don't over take me.:angry:

Don't drive up the one way streets the wrong way.
Remember I can pull out at any junction far quicker than you can, so don't try to overtake me and then break immediately, just b4 a junction.

I know there are loads of cyclists who frankly are cretins, especially for jumping lights etc.

But only when you cycle and have to deal with large amount of passing traffic, that you will know how bad a large number of drivers are.

:angel:

Well said that man.:clap: :clap: :clap:

I may just like to add, that from a set of traffic lights I can get to 15/20mph QUICKER than most of you people in cars. :p

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Yoda said:
Well said that man.:clap: :clap: :clap:

I may just like to add, that from a set of traffic lights I can get to 15/20mph QUICKER than most of you people in cars. :p
thats because we're stationary

you probably didnt stop in the first place :lolol:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Yoda said:
I follow the highway code thank you very much. :angry:
it wouldnt have been you going thriugh the red light on lewes road as i was coming down bear road that i nearly hit then?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Many,many years ago,whilst doing my paper round along New Church Road (9 bob a week!),Iwas stopped by a beat bobby ( bit of history this....they were policemen who patrolled the streets to fight and/or discourage crime,protect the innocent,etc,etc.) for scooting my bike along the pavement between houses.Name and address into little notebook and all.

Riding on the pavement was a CRIME,and the peelers were determined to stamp it out.

But now,ah!,now!:( :( :(

Firingblanks1

Oct 4, 2004
North Portslade actually
So none of you car drivers have ever broken the speed limit?

Facts:
1. Speed kills.
2. Cycling is good for you - A bit of excercise might do some of you porkers good?
3. Cycling does not pollute the city.
4. Cycling is cheaper (No parking charges).
5. Cycling generally does not kill pedestrians.
6. Many car drivers are jealous of cyclists.

A few simple things would make life better.
1. Ban cars in the City of Brighton and Hove (it worked in London).
2. Compulsory conscription for anyone seen driving a 4x4!
3. Put Jeremy Clarkson on a bonfire with archer and belloti and burn it!

Stands back and waits for abuse from boy racers etc.

:salute:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Firingblanks1 said:

Facts:
1. Speed kills.
2. Cycling is good for you - A bit of excercise might do some of you porkers good?

No. Sounds like a perfectly reasonable manifesto to me.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
I have been cycling to work and back for the last year. Since this time my health has improved 100%.

I follow the highway code, I just wish some drivers would wake up and be aware of cyclists.

I dont dislike motorists in fact I need my car at the weekends too however I think if people live within 4 miles of work and dont need to take kids to school then they should get of there butt and cycle to work or walk. Lazy bastards.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Car drivers who moan about bike riders f*** OFF AND DIE

Cyclist never kill anyone else by speeding, jumping red lights or anyother bandwaggon idea that morons winge on about,

get on your f***ing bike and experience the thrill of getting somewhere under your own steam.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The amount of pedestrians that cross by the clocktower from, boots to the other side when it is my right of way to cycle is unbelievable. Plus, pedestrians walking in the cycle lane on the seafront! Bloody pedestrians!

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
If motorist didn't have a thing about having to pass cyclists then it would be a lot safer.

There was a cab going round Seaford with a Size 11 in the back door after it passed me and turned left right in-front of me. I wasn't best pleased about this move and stuck a work-boot in his door. Wanker never even stopped either.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I hate cars, and don't own one.

But I'll try and explain how dangerous riding a cycle though a red light is.

If you've just walked off the curb and you see a cyclist going through a red light you assume that the lights have changed and now you're on an "open" road.

I've seen an OAP nearly run over by getting half way over and then seeing a cyclist the other side jumping the light.

The OAP hestitated and tried to return back to where they had come from, assuming the lights were green.

They were then nearly hit by an oncoming car turning blind into the junction.

Its dangerous - it causes confusion to pedestrians even if you nowhere near the pedestrians in question.

Last edited:

Roger Mellie

Sep 27, 2004
London SE1
I ride a bike, a motorbike, and drive a car in central london. Sometimes I forget which one I'm on and abuse the wrong people. The bike and the motorbike are by far the best fun but it might have something to do with the adrenalin kicking in at every junction expecting to be taken out by some twat on four wheels.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Cars should stop driving on the pavements. They are always doing. It is scandal. :smokin:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Firingblanks1 said:

Facts:
1. Speed kills.

I don't drive, but just can't believe the inconsideration cyclists can show towards pedestrians.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here