no entry signs....they apply to you
pedestrian crossings....they also apply to you
traffic lights....yep, youve guessed it

NOW FUCKIN SORT IT OUT YOU INCOSIDERATE BASTARDS

THAT IS ALL:angry: :angry: :angry:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I've been getting more and more pissed off whilst driving recently. People don't seem to be able to use crossings, wear reflective clothing if on a bike, turn they f***ing HEADLIGHTS on, indicate or use common courtesy.

Does my BOX in I tell ya.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
I'm actually quite considerate on my bike, unless there's no-one around when I break the rules all the time. Consequences? None. I've never caused anyone else any problem at all, that I know of anyway:)

If there were no consequences for drivers I bet you wouldn't be sticking to the rules all the time either.

1066gull

You do have to pass a cycling pofi- (can't spell it) test now, but many of you are so old that it never applied to you as a kid.:lolol:

I would attempt to cycle to Withers if I had the energy. One a second note, maybe not. Getting to Hailsham oe Heathfield is hard enough.:lolol:

Last edited:

Dr Feelgood

Banned
Feb 15, 2004
worthing
There is no better feeling in the world than pissing off a car driver when you are a cyclist, sheer bliss.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
...and I wish people would have 2 proper, permanent lights. Those flashing ones are only legal if they are fixed to your body, and are not meant as a replacement for a constant light at the front and rear!
Rant over.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Grendel said:
No you don't.

Damn straight.

It seemed like a fun idea but looking back I think somewhere in the region of 0-5% of it actually sunk into my brain, none of which I remember now.

All it seemed to achieve was preventing me from playing football after school for one night every week whilst I was at primary school.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
I'm glad one of our army of subversives has pissed you off.

NOW JUST STAY IN THE LINE,LOOK IN YOUR MIRROR IF YOU INTEND TO CHANGE DIRECTION,INDICATE,TAKE A DEEP BREATH, AND ACCEPT THAT YOU ARE ONE OF THE LOSERS ON THE ROAD.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
ATFC Seagull said:
Damn straight.

It seemed like a fun idea but looking back I think somewhere in the region of 0-5% of it actually sunk into my brain, none of which I remember now.

All it seemed to achieve was preventing me from playing football after school for one night every week whilst I was at primary school.

That's about all I remember about it. I failed it twice, though one of those times was because I told the instructor to f*** off.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Chesney Christ 1 said:
Why would it bother anyone if a cyclist ignores traffic lights and just gets off the road, on to the pavement and rides off? I couldn't give two shits.

well said

I abide by all of the highway code, you know why, because its bloody safer with a bunch of incompetant car drivers around me, ignoring a huge range of the legal framework and highway code.

You drive in an urban area its 30mph unless its says otherwise.

You know your indicators...use them and it helps when you do use them, you use the right ones:shootself .

When I am turning right and have clearly indicated. Don't over take me.:angry:

Don't drive up the one way streets the wrong way.
Remember I can pull out at any junction far quicker than you can, so don't try to overtake me and then break immediately, just b4 a junction.

I know there are loads of cyclists who frankly are cretins, especially for jumping lights etc.

But only when you cycle and have to deal with large amount of passing traffic, that you will know how bad a large number of drivers are.

:angel:

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
London Calling said:
I abide by all of the highway code, you know why, because its bloody safer with a bunch of incompetant car drivers around me, ignoring a huge range of the legal framework and highway code.

You drive in an urban area its 30mph unless its says otherwise.

You know your indicators...use them and it helps when you do use them, you use the right ones:shootself .

When I am turning right and have clearly indicated. Don't over take me.:angry:

Don't drive up the one way streets the wrong way.
Remember I can pull out at any junction far quicker than you can, so don't try to overtake me and then break immediately, just b4 a junction.

I know there are loads of cyclists who frankly are cretins, especially for jumping lights etc.

But only when you cycle and have to deal with large amount of passing traffic, that you will know how bad a large number of drivers are.

:angel:

What he said. I'd also add indicating at roundabouts and junctions because I can't read your bloody mind and I'm going to come of worse if you hit me.

Yes I do have front and back lights and a flourescent yellow jacket, so there!

Jul 5, 2003
BN11
seagullion said:
a little reminder...

give way signs.....they apply to you
no entry signs....they apply to you
pedestrian crossings....they also apply to you
traffic lights....yep, youve guessed it

Spot on! I'd just like to add:

pavements.....they're for pedestrians

I'm self-employed. If I get mown down on the pavement (which very nearly happened outside my front gate a while back) who's going to pay for my time off work? Certainly not Mr Cyclist who doesn't have insurance. :angry:

curly

Jul 5, 2003
gosport
i cycle through probably the most dangerous roads for cyclists in england, central london, yes i wear a bright vest thing and use hand signals, i do go through red lights after looking everywhere to make sure its safe, i used too wait at them to go green but found that cars are usually in the cycle lane bits, so if i wait for the green light, motorbikes and scooters come through the traffic and surround me, so when it does go green i'm in the middle of these and then the cars, buses and lorries, so sorry its safer to jump the lights, and yes i use flashing lights as a car driver i find i see these better

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here