Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
At least I was unfit to begin with...

If I am better by Sunday I have a cheat in mind for a ride, we are going for lunch in Chichester with my girlfriends grand parents, train there then ride home with the wind at my back all the way. Happy days.

Paris-Roubaix :eek:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Paris-Roubaix :eek:

Yep, gonna record it and watch as live. I couldn't get away with two entire races live, two Sundays in a row, so I picked Flanders as I generally prefer it to Roubaix.

Of course I will probably still be 'ill' by then and won't be able to go for lunch or a bike ride, shame.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Yep, gonna record it and watch as live. I couldn't get away with two entire races live, two Sundays in a row, so I picked Flanders as I generally prefer it to Roubaix.

Of course I will probably still be 'ill' by then and won't be able to go for lunch or a bike ride, shame.

Let's hope that your road to recovery is long and drawn out...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yet again, superb race preview here:

I'm going to put my 50p e/w on Gaudin again. Looked strong at Flanders in the break last week, DNF in Scheldepris midweek and GW and DDV too but sod it, lottery and at 100/1 and the tail wind favouring a break then it's worth the gamble - at least he's finished higher in this race than Wiggins has and look at his odds :eek: Might put 50p e/w on Benoot too at 60/1. All the obvious favourites are too short for my liking.

Edit: Found Roelandts at 40/1 too so couldn't resist £1 e/w considering his current form.

Last edited:

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Yet again, superb race preview here:

I'm going to put my 50p e/w on Gaudin again. Looked strong at Flanders in the break last week, DNF in Scheldepris midweek and GW and DDV too but sod it, lottery and at 100/1 and the tail wind favouring a break then it's worth the gamble - at least he's finished higher in this race than Wiggins has and look at his odds :eek: Might put 50p e/w on Benoot too at 60/1. All the obvious favourites are too short for my liking.

Fair point, would only be Brad's 4th Road win in 14 years as a pro!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Still ill :ascarf:
Paris Roubaix live for me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Still ill :ascarf:
Paris Roubaix live for me.
Get in, brilliant news!! :lol:
Can we expect a Lazarus type recovery, in the sunshine next week?

Over Christmas Transformers was on early enough for me to think a little of the 12A had been edited out, so I videoed it.
Naturally jnr was over the moon.

Every opportunity since it's been 'can I watch Transformers?', 'no'.

I came close to caving a couple of times, but the nearer Roubaix got the plan started to form.

Today is the big day for both of us.
Lil Miss Stat is in for a lonely afternoon.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'll be getting stuff wrong from 2:30 ish.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Not sure what happened to Wiggins there, he was up near the front half a km out from Arenberg then he was 80/90 riders down coming out of it. If he has not had a mechanical then he might as well get off the bike now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here