Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I like this idea:
[video]https://d2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.net/projects/775937/video-322390-h264_high.mp4[/video].

How many times have cars cut across you because they just don't realise how fast you're going? I've certainly noticed it on my road bike compared to when I used to ride much slower on the road on a full sus mountain bike.

The idea that a changing number display gives the driver more information to process too, thus making them really aware of you, is a good one. Only downside I can see is that the number might not be very visible until the driver is quite close to you. A front light doing the same thing would be good too, but that might not be so practical.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ok, here goes:-

- The blue then white kit does seem better.
- The jersey has to 'go with' black shorts as a default setting.
- No, I said I'd eat a rock cake the size of my head, and designed a jersey, and by jimminy I did.
Assuming we forget about the stuff that needed doing, that's a victory!!
- I like the transfer league, but then again I don't spend too much time on it.
- I'm ok for books at the moment, thanks. CW was your prize not an Indian gift (is that right?), feel free to get some swapsies going.
- I might try and design a jersey that needs brown bibs, just not tonight, as it's time to upload my MP3, and toddle off to bed for a read.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Anyone got on the road cc latest comp? Design your own Trek bike up to the value of £3,200 on their project one gizmo and be in with a chance of winning said bike. Yes, I know Trek aren't overly popular here, but the project one design thingy is quite good fun (in fact I think it may have been linked on this thread somewhere before).

Anyone, design as many entries as you like. I've shoved two on there so far just for a bit of fun.

Attachments

• project 1.png
    project 1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 63
  • Natty Dread.png
    Natty Dread.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 70

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
So here it is. The BHAFC top.

I'm in two minds to be quite honest.

£49.95ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387017125.798404.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1387017145.732174.jpg

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

£49.95View attachment 49488View attachment 49489

So, it was not a motomyth...

I'm not buying that. A horrible look on a bike. Too over-branded, too stripey, too in your face.

They really should have asked us first - I can't believe that they are not aware of this thread!

Well I can actually.

They haven't advertised its existence too well, either. Did this shirt exist before the REMF ride? They missed a trick there.

But I wouldn't have bought it.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
So, it was not a motomyth...

I'm not buying that. A horrible look on a bike. Too over-branded, too stripey, too in your face.

They really should have asked us first - I can't believe that they are not aware of this thread!

Well I can actually.

They haven't advertised its existence too well, either. Did this shirt exist before the REMF ride? They missed a trick there.

But I wouldn't have bought it.

It looks like a cycling jersey designed by footballers. It just doesn't excite me like it should. Real shame.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I can easily understand the styling. As full a replica top as possible. As a paranoid rider, I'm fine with the striping as it is pretty visible so safer than a single dark colour. You'd have to ride in Brighton area to go out in it though.

Some cheap blue shorts in the Prendas sale at the mo to match up better.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

£49.95View attachment 49488View attachment 49489

Nice work on getting the proof, I wasn't sure what to believe. Really bad marketing by the club then, considering that cycling is riding the crest of a popularity wave at the moment.

As a cycling jersey, doesn't really float my boat.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
After tea last night, Jnr Stat watched the original Tron followed by the last 1/2 hour of Danny McCaskill, we still had to watch.

Just out of interest:-
What is the world record for saying 'awesome' to yourself, over a 2 hour period? :lol:

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
I'm 100% keen for purist only.

We could set up a Velogames league too for purist teams for the Grand Tours, and allow those who want to tinker every day to do so on the road.cc league. I realise I'm probably making the situation worse rather than better by creating a separate team to be concerned about, but I'm an ideas sort of person - I'll leave the practicalities up to someone else!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I know that SB likes the odd update from me, so here goes. This is the profile of yesterday's ride:

1wt4.jpg

Climbs 2-4 were new to me. 4 was not planned, I missed a turn. :ffsparr: Climb 2 was one I'm fully familiar with in a car - Groombridge Hill - and was toughest at the bottom. Climb 3 was from Penshurst Place to TWells and was not known to me at all and I got smoked by a bird (more on that later). Climb 4 was in the middle of nowhere and I was funked by the top, bit light headed resting on the bars. Walking speed then on, nothing left. Loads of cramps stopped me up the last climb and I'm still feeling it. Still happy though as the second quarter was most enjoyable despite being so much colder.

I've finally twigged and come to terms with my loss of fitness. I naively thought my trained for L2B level would not need so much maintaining. Probably explains me running out of steam on the REMF ride too. Until the light evenings return, I can't do any midweek rides.

I've also realised I need to improve my out of saddle riding. I liked grinding it out in the saddle but it is plainly slower. I was inching up on that bird until she pulled the pin by standing up and she was gone on no time. She was on a white spesh Robaix which will no doubt appeal to some on here!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stat Brother has an impressive 2443 posts in this thread :eek: I bet he's still got stabilisers on
The others are just grateful I've been trying to reign it in, a bit.

Nice ride Moto.

I've also realised I need to improve my out of saddle riding. I liked grinding it out in the saddle but it is plainly slower. I was inching up on that bird until she pulled the pin by standing up and she was gone on no time. She was on a white spesh Robaix which will no doubt appeal to some on here!

If you really hate yourself, your legs and lungs, start brow sprints.

Get yourself up the climb to about 200 yards from the top.
Then sprint your gonads off, across the top of the climb and carry on for the same distance down the other side.

Assuming you don't die it won't be long before the rest of the climb will seem so much easier.

Last edited:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I've got a garminge2 and I'm well pleased. It is in mint condition. Thanks again to SB for pointing me in the right direction.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've got a garminge2 and I'm well pleased. It is in mint condition. Thanks again to SB for pointing me in the right direction.
Don't thank me until you've tried it.
Brow sprints are horrendous, if you do them past the 'novelty' stage I'll be amazed.
This isn't a sorting out the men from the boys exercise, it sorts out the athletes from the men.

I've done 10 max :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Make a cuppa, put your feet up, and watch this nice little film:-

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Make a cuppa, put your feet up, and watch this nice little film:-

I was hoping for a really happy outcome from this film, along the lines of.........Boris has an epiphany going up Mont Ventoux on a bike and as a result decides to give up politricks for good.

Alas, no such luck. Instead I got something quite different, but equally as pleasing. Chapeau to the bloke riding :bowdown: Very nicely put together film too, keeping you in suspense right until the end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here