Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And you're right, it is a classic. I couldn't wear it myself, though.

Stat, I've changed my mind. Your first design is just brilliant, and I want one. One stripe is OK.

Yeah the side stripe was the original design I started with.
Although I think it transposed really well onto the centre stripe template.
I think the centre stripe just wins it, for me, assuming we aren't lobbying for the last one.

Last edited:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
The official one ain't that bad, but they'll not do another unless and until they sell it out.

I'd prefer more white than blue, but not 'Argos stylee'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The official one ain't that bad, but they'll not do another unless and until they sell it out.

I'd prefer more white than blue, but not 'Argos stylee'.
I wonder how the jerseys came about.

Did the club source a specific jersey, or did Scimitar :shrug: arrive with a production run, before heading off to the next club.

Spot the man with a new toy

AlbionjerseyforMoto.png

AlbionjerseyforMoto2.png

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Very nice. Still leaves the shorts colour unresolved. Black for white would be a bit 'sky' though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Very nice. Still leaves the shorts colour unresolved. Black for white would be a bit 'sky' though.
Good point, the bibs would need to be white or blue, and that's just wrong.

I think these two are the best so far. I would most seriously consider a jersey after narrowly missing out on a Stat Bro cap! If you decided to get them made that is.....
Sorry that very very unlikely to happen.
This was just a project between Moto saying the jerseys existed and Merry P proving the evidence.

In fairness I should be getting some love today.
I set myself 2 targets and completed them both, back of the net!

MediGull

Nov 14, 2011
Brighton
Well I need to get out cycling more before I can justify a new jersey anyway! But I will have a look next time i'm in the club shop to see what the official one is like.

On a different note, I am wondering when Fantasy Cycling opens up again for next season? Are people thinking of only having a purist league?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Well I need to get out cycling more before I can justify a new jersey anyway! But I will have a look next time i'm in the club shop to see what the official one is like.

On a different note, I am wondering when Fantasy Cycling opens up again for next season? Are people thinking of only having a purist league?

It starts with the Tour Down Under in January.

I know it got a bit stale as the season wore on, but I'm hoping that we do it like we did this year. Others, however, are suggesting that the NSC league goes purist.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Good point, the bibs would need to be white or blue, and that's just wrong.

Sorry that very very unlikely to happen.
This was just a project between Moto saying the jerseys existed and Merry P proving the evidence.

In fairness I should be getting some love today.
I set myself 2 targets and completed them both, back of the net!

You mean you ate the whole of that rock cake AND drank all of the coffee!? Outrageous!

Finished the Charly Wegelius book the other day. Really good read that, and 1066 mini(m) is getting stuck into now too and also enjoying it.

That Nico Roche book is still on offer if you fancy it, as is Cav's - Boy Racer.

If you don't fancy either then I'll move on to offering them up here to anyone who's interested, preferably on a swapsie like has been mentioned before.

Oh, and nothing wrong with Blue shorts if you ask me. Only colour that I'd flatly refuse would be the AG2R brown jobbies.

MediGull

Nov 14, 2011
Brighton
I know it got a bit stale as the season wore on, but I'm hoping that we do it like we did this year. Others, however, are suggesting that the NSC league goes purist.

I agree, I would personally like the full competition, however as my only win of the season came in a race that everyone else forgot about in the late season I guess I profited from the staleness! I just need to get my early season form up to scratch!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I've not done much since the REMF ride. However, with my back feeling much better I may head over to a friends in Hastings on Saturday for a proper run out. No doubt they'll be an Easterly wind just for me!

Be interested to hear what way you'll be coming into Hastings and what hills you'll have to tackle. You're bound to have to hit one hill or another if you're coming right into Hastings.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
You mean you ate the whole of that rock cake AND drank all of the coffee!? Outrageous!

Finished the Charly Wegelius book the other day. Really good read that, and 1066 mini(m) is getting stuck into now too and also enjoying it.

That Nico Roche book is still on offer if you fancy it, as is Cav's - Boy Racer.

If you don't fancy either then I'll move on to offering them up here to anyone who's interested, preferably on a swapsie like has been mentioned before.

Oh, and nothing wrong with Blue shorts if you ask me. Only colour that I'd flatly refuse would be the AG2R brown jobbies.

I like them.

I would refuse white, yellow, red and orange.

Blue is OK, but black is much, much better.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It starts with the Tour Down Under in January.

I agree, I would personally like the full competition, however as my only win of the season came in a race that everyone else forgot about in the late season I guess I profited from the staleness! I just need to get my early season form up to scratch!

The 1066 mini's are both up for the full comp, but I'm a bit jaded as I can get a bit carried away with it, so my vote will go for doing purists only. Of course, we'd still have most of the one day races as normal, so best of both worlds.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm 100% keen for purist only.

You and me both.

There are times in grand tours where the fantasy feels like a bit of a chore, especially when it takes a lot of time just catching up on the tv coverage each evening (I always try to watch every single stage back as live). I'd enjoy them more with a team shoved in at the beginning, almost forgotten about and then just sit back and enjoy the racing.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
There's only one way to declde this...

Well if it's not Harry Hill's way, but with a race instead....I nominate the bloke that's beaten Bradley Wiggins to ride for team purist :) Result! :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here