Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
:lolol:

Setting the speed camera off on Ditchling Road used to be an essential part of my ride home after a days bike riding when I lived in Hollingdean.

Always a good one.

The one on Falmer Road, just south of the crossroads in Woodingdean is hard to fail on, but for more of a challenge, coming off the hill out of Newhaven and keeping your pace up as you hit the flats of Peacehaven is quite an achievement.

Any more?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In the better half of Sussex.
The tricky descent down into Houghton, towards Amberley chalk pits museum, straightens out enough to attack the long drag to camera at the bridge.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
You boy racers ...

Have you ever considered taking up driving a car, as your personal contribution towards safer roads?

:)

Nope, it is funny though, we speed up for the cameras whilst drivers slow down. I suppose speeding for short stretches is better than all the time...

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Let him go sky stat. Among his mates he'll be the business and that matters. Third option: the BHA cycling jersey on sale in the shop?

Is this for real? I've not seen this in the shop and can't find it online. Do they do an adult's version? Would love to wear one on my blue and white fixie!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is this for real? I've not seen this in the shop and can't find it online. Do they do an adult's version? Would love to wear one on my blue and white fixie!
Nope, I quit the apparel business while I was ahead (well even to be precise).

If we were to change to Nike/Adidas next season, there might be a small chance the of club producing one.
I guess enough of us would have to ask nicely, but it would certainly be 'easier' for the club to have them made.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Nope, I quit the apparel business while I was ahead (well even to be precise).

If we were to change to Nike/Adidas next season, there might be a small chance the of club producing one.
I guess enough of us would have to ask nicely, but it would certainly be 'easier' for the club to have them made.

Shame. Would love to see one!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh, Danny MaCaskill's Imaginate is on Dave at 6pm, tonight.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This one always makes all other kits look spectacular:-

1246174982RIIS-Bjarne.jpg

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

Yes. It is real. On the shelf near the till furthest from the exit of the stadium shop. £50.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is it wrong to feel sad that the club didn't reach out to us.

No affirmation :down: :lol:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Is there seriously a piece of BHA cycling apparel in the shop? This thread is useless with pictures!

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Yes. It is real. On the shelf near the till furthest from the exit of the stadium shop. £50.

I asked about the existence of an Albion cycling top at the Amex on Saturday and there were a lot of blank looks among the shop staff, before being told that no such thing exists......................also they said 'that's funny we've had a few similar enquiries this week'.

Maybe NSC has prompted a new commercial opportunity. Mind you I hope they come up with something tasteful, maybe in Club colours rather than a replica team shirt.

Meanwhile I'm still happy to wear my NSC / Albion cycling cap, which is pretty exclusive on the mean streets of Norfolk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here