Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE (for those who've never given it a go...)

Slightly off topic, but not really... Anyone who has any back discomfort from cycling should try this - but I warn you I nearly cried the first time it was so painful!

I had my first treatment at Asthetica opposite Portslade station. The basic premise is that nerves, blood vessels and muscle fibres can get damaged by lactic acid or blocked and basically they shut down and become a mass of tissue which can cause pain. The body doesn't bother to go and fix these as it just gets on with it. A deep tissue massage causes friction to these blockages, releasing them and allowing the body to come and 'fix it all up again'. This is done, in my case using the massaure's elbow and body weight to grind the problem areas into submission. No pain no gain.

Cycling is a classic back ache sport, and nothing can be worse after an enjoyable long ride being plagued by pain in your back.

If you've never tried it, and suffer with a bit of back pain, I'd highly recommend giving it a go. I genuinely felt completely released afterwards with a better posture. I'm going again in 3 weeks.

I've not done much since the REMF ride. However, with my back feeling much better I may head over to a friends in Hastings on Saturday for a proper run out. No doubt they'll be an Easterly wind just for me!

A cycling shirt in the club shop........:laugh:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As the Geeks seem conflicted about the validity of a cycling jersey, I've been wondering what such a garment would look like.

THIS IS NOT A STAT BROTHER CYCLING APPAREL ltd, promotion.

I'm concerned about a blue and white striped jersey with black bibs. I do hope no geek wears white, or blue for that matter, bibs.

Any design ideas?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
As the Geeks seem conflicted about the validity of a cycling jersey, I've been wondering what such a garment would look like.

I'm concerned about a blue and white striped jersey with black bibs. I do hope no geek wears white, or blue for that matter, bibs.

Any design ideas?

It cannot have stripes. It just can't.

Black bibs. Mainly blue top. A white stripe up each side up to the armpit. White sleeves, with blue 'cuffs'. White collar, white pockets.

Ride or Fall on the back - white letters.

Seagulls badge on the front.

Made by Morvelo for added local authenticity.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Black bibs. Mainly blue top. A white stripe up each side up to the armpit. White sleeves, with blue 'cuffs'. White collar, white pockets.

Blimey I'm glad you hadn't thought about it :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

If I can find the manufacture with the quality design template I was going to use, we might see what that jersey looks like.
(It's my day off tomorrow and I have no plans, other than eating a rock cake the size of your head)

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Is there seriously a piece of BHA cycling apparel in the shop? This thread is useless with pictures!

Yes. Trust me.

It is striped. No sponsoring on it, Brighton & Hove Albion instead across the chest. Also same words across the back pockets but italic style. Short sleeve and 6 inch zip.

I've told you where to look. Surely someone more local than me with a camera will agree to go and get the evidence I've not been hallucinating?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Any design ideas?

It's got to be all black.

I'm reminded of the old Bat strip.

Black with blue trims and the logo would need to be white out of black. Blue trim on sleeves and bottom of the jersey.

Alternatively we go for a predominantly white jersey with blue markings. Black bibs.

There should also be socks.

All this is immaterial because as motogull has told us, it's blue and white striped.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes. Trust me.

It is striped. No sponsoring on it, Brighton & Hove Albion instead across the chest. Also same words across the back pockets but italic style. Short sleeve and 6 inch zip.

I've told you where to look. Surely someone more local than me with a camera will agree to go and get the evidence I've not been hallucinating?
hmmm.

Would it be too much to ask, if I phoned up the club, asked them to photograph it, then post it here :lolol: :facepalm:

In a description battle between the 2 I'm going for Pogue's with the caveat we 'workshop' the side, sleeve, cuff, combo.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
(It's my day off tomorrow and I have no plans, other than eating a rock cake the size of your head)

Stage one complete.

WP_000228.jpg

Sadly I'm going to need a nap before even considering stage 2

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
If you are on twitter, @kingblem has been posting pictures throughout today of the assembly of a time trial bike. Some of the pictures from this morning have been deleted, but I still found it interesting to see how much kit is crammed into a top bike.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If this link works, I'll set about Pogues design

Arse, it doesn't.

If anyone wants to play around with this widget and then tell me how I can get the results over to here, I'd appreciate it.

http://www.owayo.com/cycling-custom-jerseys.htm

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey, great site.

I've just redesigned the image onto 5 other kits, in about 5 minutes.

I'm now really gutted I can't get them over here.

Right I'm in, prepare for an onslaught of jerseys. :lol:

Albionjersey.png

Albionjerseycentrestrip.png

Something like what Pogue was on about
AlbionjerseyPogue.png

One for Hamilton
AlbionjerseyTeaboy.png

Why our kit doesn't seem to work
Albionjerseyteamkit.png

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Saving the best till last

Albionjerseywinnerwinnerchickendinn.png

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Ridiculous bike skills. Love they added the outtakes at the end though. Talk about descending backwards on your front wheel - he still was going faster than The Judge goes downhill though mind!! :lolol:

He's in a wheelchair now though! Poor bloke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here