Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
You can't beat a Pyrenean ending followed by a TT.

Attachments

• 2014 v1.jpg
    2014 v1.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 50

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes

[tweet]392960632904896512[/tweet]
[tweet]392956927577051136[/tweet]
[tweet]392957936177131520[/tweet]
[tweet]392961559414050816[/tweet]

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
My French is far from perfect but was Pau-Hautacam (as per all the rumours) just confirmed as the route for the Etape du Tour?

Yes, thats a killer starting in Pau, I'm sure they said 22 July. They even said the British are all over it bar the French they have the highest amount of starters and finishers.

Watched a few they are amazing the crowds come out and the cyclists come in their thousands, PAIN...

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
Yes, thats a killer starting in Pau, I'm sure they said 22 July. They even said the British are all over it bar the French they have the highest amount of starters and finishers.

Watched a few they are amazing the crowds come out and the cyclists come in their thousands, PAIN...

Yes I think the pain may be a tad more than last year as there is supposed to be an extra 1000 metres of ascent (up to 4500m) this time.
Our campsite was full of Brits last year, which somewhat unscientifically backs up those stats.

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
Oh God. D'you know, I think I might. I may have to pull a sickie for the Monday, which'll mean I don't tell anyone...

I'm already making plans.

That's the spirit, I'm in!

Any thoughts after the Etape announcement?

Flights already booked for me. Taking in watching the Pros do it properly this time too as it's only 4 days after*

*I say this whilst I currently have nowhere to stay but these are details that can be ironed out!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Any thoughts after the Etape announcement?

Flights already booked for me. Taking in watching the Pros do it properly this time too as it's only 4 days after*

*I say this whilst I currently have nowhere to stay but these are details that can be ironed out!

Me and a couple of mates have been waiting for confirmation of this...

My thoughts are that yes, I really want to do it. The shadow of the Tourmalet already looms large, and has done since this route was rumoured last week. I need to arrange a couple of days off work, which isn't easy in my line of business, but if I can, I'll be there.

My cousin lives close by too, so that'll be a help!

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Finally got the voucher through from work so the remainder of the parts for my de rosa are in the garage and awaiting my rebuild - I predict a lot of swearing this weekend!

Also got my first proper mountain bike so i've edged towards the dark side.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here