Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Gotta love the old tried and tested Martin/NSC's finest 1-2 move. It works like a dream everytime :)......almost

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Disagree on the saving face scenario. I think he could have lived with the Sky train no problem today if he wanted. May not have beaten Froome for the stage but then why would he want to at this point.
He was off the front with Galapin at the time he sat up.

They'd been there plenty long enough to know it wasn't a move that was going to work.
But had AC gone again, who knows.
Instead he chose to back down.

As statements go it's hardly a convincing one, esp looking at the Contador of 3 years ago.

Aussie commentator remarked as AC, & Rogers crossed the line with G, that there was another statement of intent by Sky.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Gotta love the old tried and tested Martin/NSC's finest 1-2 move. It works like a dream everytime :)......almost

Opps. Put in the 'almost' in a bid not to jinx it, but it never worked. Good win for Mollema. And one for Tyrone...great work by Albasini to keep Meyer up there.

Edit: Meyer keeps yellow by 3 seconds. Chapeau! :clap2:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
But I wonder what the call was re Rogers.
I can't help thinking he was told 'if you can win, take it. If not you'd better drop back now, play the team mate roll, and save face.

I think it's simply that Rogers will work his arse off for AC in Le Tour.

This was just Contador doing the team thing to ensure Rogers gets some small reward in the CDD.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fair enough chaps.

Turns out I scored half my fantasy points, for CdD, in the last 2 days. :facepalm:

Does everyone realise our next tournament is the big one?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I think it's simply that Rogers will work his arse off for AC in Le Tour.

This was just Contador doing the team thing to ensure Rogers gets some small reward in the CDD.

Agreed. Exactly the same as what Froome did for Porte, and for exactly the same reasons. I believe both Froome and Bertie could have gone head to head on today's stage for the win if they really wanted, but really no point to do it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No one seems to be riding up climbs, in record time, sat on their saddle, just breathing through their nose anymore, either.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
CYCLING CAPS PROVISIONAL ORDER FORM
Can you please keep quoting this one post when adding your name, so it becomes a 'mailing list'.

I'm still not going to commit 100% to the venture.
As this list grows, I'll start putting stuff together.
A couple of days before I'm on the phone shaking and sweating with my credit card in hand, if your names on this list expect a PM which will be your official order confirmation.

Stat Bro 2
Pogue 2
Bold 1
Moto 1
Ty 1
TotesFreaked 1

Hi SB.

I'd like to stick my name down for a cap please.

H

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
CYCLING CAPS PROVISIONAL ORDER FORM
Can you please keep quoting this one post when adding your name, so it becomes a 'mailing list'.

I'm still not going to commit 100% to the venture.
As this list grows, I'll start putting stuff together.
A couple of days before I'm on the phone shaking and sweating with my credit card in hand, if your names on this list expect a PM which will be your official order confirmation.

Stat Bro 2
Pogue 2
Bold 1
Moto 1
Ty 1
TotesFreaked 1
1066FM 1
Cranky 1
Pantani 1
Hamilton 1
SB Seagull 2

Half way chaps.
6 more to go and I'll pull my finger out.

We still need side panel writing.

SUSSEX by the SEA.

RIDE OR FALL.

(track) STAND OR FALL. :facepalm:

Surely we can do better?

Last edited:

Mar 12, 2008
Have you signed up for 'The Long One' yet, SBS? Hamilton and I have, and I think Bold is going to.

I haven't yet but I will do. I have no idea how my body will react to 124 miles! What sort of time will we have to set off?

I'm off to Le Mans next week, copious amounts of beer and cheese probably isn't the best prep, but what the heck! Actually, I'm taking a bike out there so I'll keep things ticking over...

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I haven't yet but I will do. I have no idea how my body will react to 124 miles! What sort of time will we have to set off?

I'm off to Le Mans next week, copious amounts of beer and cheese probably isn't the best prep, but what the heck! Actually, I'm taking a bike out there so I'll keep things ticking over...

You'll need the calories. Perfect preparation.

We'll probably leave Goodwood between 7.30 and 8.00, so it'll be an early start.

Enjoy yourself over there!

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
Thanks for the advice guys and sorry to butt in to your thread, it was a mountain bike I was after mainly for over the downs and light trails. I'll take your advice and try as many as I can, cheers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here