Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Henao, like Ryder, is cooked. They were both in great form in the Ardennes classics and I cannot see Henao maintaining that level, to catch up the three minutes (and eight places) he needs to get on to the podium. Dropped on the first proper mountain too, just cannot see it.

'Tis a fair point about their form in Ardennes meaning a cooked/peak too soon scenario, but how do you account for Betancur then?

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011
I came across another middle aged Lance Armstrong wannabee cycling past the Newmarket Pub on the Lewes Road towards Brighton today at 3.30pm.
I was doing 70mph in my LARGE van and he was 1 foot from me flattening him.
There is a cycle lane on the other side of the road.
Am I a bad person in hoping he gets wots coming to him?

Well if you give him the benefit of the doubt he might not have known about the cycle lane and ended up on a fast stretch of road. I do worry for cyclists that I see on dual carriage ways and do understand the dangers both for the car driver and the cyclist. I do think the best thing you can do when you see cyclist demonstrating their own version of the highway code it just to try and ignore them and realise there are idiots regardless of what form of transport they are using. Any type of confrontation and possible consequences is just not worth the hassle

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I've already spent them :lol:

Uncle S getting bent out of shape about his coup, is all rather amusing, on the back of our chat tonight.

I got the right name though, just forgot the e/w button :facepalm: It's not like I bet on Jhon Henao :lolol:

And, Boris, you know you can't 'spend' points, so don't try that old routine again :wink:

Edit: To be precise, the e/w button wasn't even there, but I'm so used to pressing it that I was on auto pilot and didn't realise until it was too late that I'd taken a single.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Henao, like Ryder, is cooked. They were both in great form in the Ardennes classics and I cannot see Henao maintaining that level, to catch up the three minutes (and eight places) he needs to get on to the podium. Dropped on the first proper mountain too, just cannot see it.
On a level neither can I.
But we are only just halfway through, my thinking stems more from Sky's management of riders, and the fact he's not been pulled out for BW.

The time and places is a big ask, and we'll definitely know for sure this Sunday afternoon, by which time he'll either be 2000/1 or 20/1, at the moment I see some hope which is better than 200/1.

Yes I do realise in writing that I've basically sent him over a ravine.
I still seem to be unable to get an ew bet on him with Skybet.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Bouhanni is not greyed out on the game at the mo. I really need to transfer tonight and get off to bed as it seems certain he's going home tomorrow. Only trouble is it seems odd to me when tomorrow's stage is right up his street. Perhaps it's lost in translation and FDJ official site mean he's going back to France after tomorrow's stage :shrug: Either way, I'm only reporting what I've read in the interests of a level fantasy playing field. Anyone able to shed more light on the Bouhanni oki koki please?

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Bouhanni is not greyed out on the game at the mo. I really need to transfer tonight and get off to bed as it seems certain he's going home tomorrow. Only trouble is it seems odd to me when tomorrow's stage is right up his street. Perhaps it's lost in translation and FDJ official site mean he's going back to France after tomorrow's stage :shrug: Either way, I'm only reporting what I've read in the interests of a level fantasy playing field. Anyone able to shed more light on the Bouhanni oki koki please?

Widely reported but I suppose they won't update until he fails to sign on tomorrow. Does seem odd with tomorrow's parcours.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Widely reported but I suppose they won't update until he fails to sign on tomorrow. Does seem odd with tomorrow's parcours.

I can really see this as being a lost in translation job and him riding tomorrow. Would be a bit bizarre not to ride the last stage he can win on (barring the last day). I'm going to have to leave him for now and try and check back just before transfer deadline in the morning. Won't be easy to do though for me on a work day.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought today was another sprint stage, but the cycling weakly preview has it to be more Classics with a decent kicker just before the end.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In keeping with our gambling conversations.

Cyclesport magazine have Bennati doing well today, Skybet have him @66/1.

This is nothing to do with me, just saying.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's just a 2 paragraph write up, I don't know, but Boohoohani going home today (if that's what he's done) suggests something is up.

Wiggo has also left Italy.

But Skybet have big odds across the board today, Cav at j 2nd fav @ 14/1.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
960137_456328347790453_128224859_n.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cheers @woodchip t'is always nice to see a friendly face.

I can't believe in a rash moment I pulled Cav in favour of Bennati. Arse biscuits.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've seen some straight roads in my time, but this is something else.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Brilliant stuff there from Cav.

So much for him being a slave to the train.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The amount of times we've seen him not get over climbs like that.
Not to mention yesterdays race which must have really taken it out of him.

I had a 50p ew on Bennati, so I was momentarily very excited, thinking £40 was coming my way, sadly not.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
It's just a 2 paragraph write up, I don't know, but Boohoohani going home today (if that's what he's done) suggests something is up.

Wiggo has also left Italy.

But Skybet have big odds across the board today, Cav at j 2nd fav @ 14/1.

Basically it's wet, cold and miserable!

Wish I'd seen those odds, it's like giving away cash!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here