Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I'm doing the Spring sportive on May 18th (epic route), I thought [MENTION=11738]Spreadbetting Seagull[/MENTION] and his mate may have signed up as well. Are you not doing that one?

I'd sort of forgotten about it, but will check it out, as I'm sure that I'm free. [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] was also intending to do it. Maybe [MENTION=20412]Lovecake[/MENTION] would like to join us?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why is Cav 14/1 to win today.
I know there's a decent sized lump near the finish, but it's still no San Remo.
Surely the rest of the stage is flat enough to push over it in contention.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

Because he has been dropped every time they have gone even slightly uphill? It is Goss for me today.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
I'm staying with Cav, with the usual suspects as back-up. Can anywhere point me in the right direction for a sensible table for all the jerseys please? Just for my own interest, obviously...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Because he has been dropped every time they have gone even slightly uphill? It is Goss for me today.
But there's been no stage win prize at the end of those stages.

14/1 seems massive for the man who will win, if he's in the mix.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Am I getting the feeling from interviews podcasts, that Cav is getting the SKY treatment from omega quickstep. That they perhaps promised him support but its not happening and the team does not have the Renshaw Eisel riders to help him out over a grand tour. I hope I am proved wrong.

May need Robbie McEwan to start caching him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Am I getting the feeling from interviews podcasts, that Cav is getting the SKY treatment from omega quickstep. That they perhaps promised him support but its not happening and the team does not have the Renshaw Eisel riders to help him out over a grand tour. I hope I am proved wrong.

May need Robbie McEwan to start caching him.
Well their not riding for anyone else.
Is it just Cav not winning everything grumpiness?

Mar 12, 2008
I'm doing the Spring sportive on May 18th (epic route), I thought [MENTION=11738]Spreadbetting Seagull[/MENTION] and his mate may have signed up as well. Are you not doing that one?

Alright Bold. Yep, we're in. I'll give you a shout next week to fix up a meeting time at the start. My boss has also signed up - he's an ironman! We'll have a good crowd if [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] and [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] sign up too.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Am I missing something ? no live coverage of Giro on eurosport today, tennis on all channels ? Was looking forward to it !
Anyone know where can watch live on tellybox or is there just link online wiziwig ?

Possible e/s have their programme schedule wrong on skybox ?

Last edited:

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Tomas Gil (Androni Venezuela), Stefano Pirazzi (Bardiani Valvoli), Alan Marangoni (Cannondale), Ricardo Mestre (Euskaltel-Euskadi), Brian Bulgac (Lotto Belisol), Rafael Andriato (Vini Fantini Selle Italia).

Break has 9 minutes after only 20km of racing!!! No big teams in there so they've got no chance.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

I'm amazed he's that short to be honest. I'll be very surprised if he's in the mix at the finish today. Out of all the sprinters I'd go for Bouhanni to make the selection, but I don't even think he'll be there. Goss & Degenkolb always seem to promise much more than they ever deliver. Break or the likes of Ventoso, Visconti, Felline again for me.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I'm amazed he's that short to be honest. I'll be very surprised if he's in the mix at the finish today. Out of all the sprinters I'd go for Bouhanni to make the selection, but I don't even think he'll be there. Goss & Degenkolb always seem to promise much more than they ever deliver. Break or the likes of Ventoso, Visconti, Felline again for me.

I've gone Bouhanni with a cheeky £1 at 19-1 for today. He will make it, I think.

My team though does not feature Bouhanni, but looks like this:

Cav, Ventoso, Goss, Degenkolb, Paolini, Dekker, Pozzato, Gavazzi and Zandio

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Mark Cavendish (OPQ)
Elia Viviani (LIQ)
Filippo Pozzato (LAM)
Francesco Chicchi (VIN)
Giovanni Visconti (MOV)
Fredrik Kessiakoff (AST)
Alex Dowsett (MOV)
Luka Mezgec (ARG)
Luca Paolini (KAT)

I guess I've gone to sprint heavy for today, I should be ok tomorrow, with a nice TT then mountain platform, to build on.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
My goodness, have you seen the weather at the finish line!? The place is flooded, there is a 6 inch deep river running down the road, it's buggered all the live feeds. The riders are still out, but they won't be able to finish if it stays like this, incredible scenes, and I thought our weather was bad!

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
I'm wondering who the best swimmer is in the peloton - we may well find out today unless the finish line dries out a bit!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here