Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
I'm enjoying listening to the Italian commentry whilst imagining explainations of old farmhouses and castles with the occasional reminder there's a bike race going on...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Come on Cav, stick in there, could be your day, his team desperate to help him over, great to see them really nursing him through, he loves this team.

Oh this is bubbling up nicely!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not today, he got close but the moment Uran rode off the front of his group, it was all over.
Must be bloody annoying, as he was close enough to be in the team cars, just couldn't make it stick.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Let's play 'guess who I dropped from my team'. It's a fun game, and usually ends up being the stage winner. :facepalm:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That was such a long straight.
I was really beginning to believe in 'no mark', but as the camera panned back, he clearly didn't have a chance.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
I was screaming him on! He clearly had nothing left, but why would he? His race finished about 400m before the line.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Let's play 'guess who I dropped from my team'. It's a fun game, and usually ends up being the stage winner. :facepalm:

Grega Bole for me today :facepalm: Was going to leave him in until tomorrow but decided to bring in Bouhanni a day early instead, just in case Bouhanni made the selection and because Grega had done bugger all up until now.

Knew I'd regret nipping on here in my dinner break to dis Degenkolb and Goss. Oh well, I was right about Goss though - he's the very definition of over rated and is consistently over priced in the fantasy game. Cue him winning the bunch sprint tomorrow now I expect :lol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Alright Bold. Yep, we're in. I'll give you a shout next week to fix up a meeting time at the start. My boss has also signed up - he's an ironman! We'll have a good crowd if [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] and [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] sign up too.

I've signed up for this one too. Looking forward to it v much.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Oh well, I was right about Goss though - he's the very definition of over rated and is consistently over priced in the fantasy game. Cue him winning the bunch sprint tomorrow now I expect :lol:

He's coming into Team Bold on this recommendation! Nailed on. :thumbsup:

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
1 and 14 for me. This has been such a low scoring competition all round - just shows how much they've mixed it up. There will be some obvious choices for tomorrow but Friday's stage looks like a complete lottery.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nobody in the top 20.
2 lots of jersey points and some association points, still manages to move me up 2 places.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
1 and 14 for me. This has been such a low scoring competition all round - just shows how much they've mixed it up. There will be some obvious choices for tomorrow but Friday's stage looks like a complete lottery.

Just 1st for me. You are correct on the low scores, however, once we get in to the mountains it should become a bit more predictable.

Nobody in the top 20.
2 lots of jersey points and some association points, still manages to move me up 2 places.

They have not updated it yet, those two places are the ones you climbed yesterday.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Grega Bole for me today :facepalm: Was going to leave him in until tomorrow but decided to bring in Bouhanni a day early instead, just in case Bouhanni made the selection and because Grega had done bugger all up until now.

Knew I'd regret nipping on here in my dinner break to dis Degenkolb and Goss. Oh well, I was right about Goss though - he's the very definition of over rated and is consistently over priced in the fantasy game. Cue him winning the bunch sprint tomorrow now I expect :lol:

Bloody Matthew 'Harley' Goss, I know he is rubbish, he never wins, is way too expensive but once every two months or so I take a punt on him and slot him in to my team to end up regretting it by the end of the day. :rant:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They have not updated it yet, those two places are the ones you climbed yesterday.
Scratch that I see none of Team Johnny D have any points, yet.

Last edited:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Are you sure, it all seems set up for Stage 6.

You can pick your team for Stage 6. They have not put the scores up for Stage 5. How long have you been playing this game? :p

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You can pick your team for Stage 6. They have not put the scores up for Stage 5. How long have you been playing this game? :p
Wot game :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here