Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Yeah, another hour to go yet. I can't imagine why any of the GC teams will mind the rest of the day off though.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It ain't over yet.

Don't go counting points before they have hatched.

Who said anything about counting points? Who said I even have a Vini Fantini rider? Just a race observation :wink:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Taborre having a little dig. Another Vini Fantini fantasy bargain.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Is Sella last year's Rubiano here?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Has anybody seen another Garmin rider next to RH, other than in the TTT?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]332872449806987264[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What tyres are on those Bianchi's.

Not the greatest advert, whatever they are.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Everyone going over, not just Bianchi's ridden by Nibs. Brad over now and Sella keeps hitting the deck.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
To be fair everyone's going all over the place. At least they're sliding. Brad not happy....

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Has anybody seen another Garmin rider next to RH, other than in the TTT?

I think it was Danielson there with him today. Certainly had someone there with him for a good while.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't take much more of today, and it's only 16:15.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wiggo being a petulant bottler :lolol: has cost me fantasy points.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Chaos thanks to the wet weather. Brad losing a fair bit of time, but nothing that won't be taken back and then some tomorrow I expect.

Great ride by Adam Hansen :clap2: Another top ride by young Battaglin too.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Chaos thanks to the wet weather. Brad losing a fair bit of time, but nothing that won't be taken back and then some tomorrow I expect.

Great ride by Adam Hansen :clap2: Another top ride by young Battaglin too.

Assuming his elbow's ok... I'm sure if he can get into position he'll ride tommorow and end the day in pink though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Assuming his elbow's ok... I'm sure if he can get into position he'll ride tommorow and end the day in pink though.
If he's mugged off his team mates for a second time, pulling the back for nothing, they'd have every right to be pe'ed off.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Get the distinct feeling now that Sir Bradley Wiggum is deliberately throwing himself at crashes by way of a handy excuse for having peaked last year :lol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Live coverage of today's TT should be starting in about 15mins. From what I can gather Wiggins may have a silver lining to yesterday's cloud, as by going off a lot sooner than the Top Ten GC today he may well miss the forecast rain whilst they all get it. This would increase the time he takes even more. Surprised to read elsewhere just how many people think Wiggins is already done for in this Giro, won't do much today, and many going so far as to say he won't bother finishing the race! All very odd, the amount of dislike a successful team and riders can incite amongst some cycling fans :shrug:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yep, great ride from Dowsett. Wiggins chucked the first bike in the ditch already because of a flat, but a really smooth bike change from the team car. I'm most curious about Evans today. Is he over the hill or can he pull out a really good TT I wonder? I know what SB thinks, but I'm not so sure.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Maybe all the 'something not quite right with Wiggins' speculation was right ???

Not a great time posted to finish 2nd, 10 seconds down on Dowsett. Be interesting to see how Wiggins' time compares to the other GC riders. Evans seems to be going well so far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here