Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are you saying I shouldn't post the link then of the last 15mins of Milano - Torino I've just watched on Youtube ??? :lol:
Oh and don't tell me, Italian commentary.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Oh and don't tell me, Italian commentary.

Yep, sound down though and music on the hi-fi...once I'd identified the riders first of course :wink:

If you know of any highlights of Uran's win today then don't be shy in sharing :kiss:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Hello everybody, how are we all? I've had some computer troubles recently so have not been posting much. NSC seems to have descended it to some kind of internecine warfare in my absence, what I want to know is where do the Cycling Geeks stand on all this? To lol or not to lol: that is the question? Should we decamp to the new forum or start our own? North Stand Cycles perhaps?

It is at times like this that I am reminded what a superb thread this really is, 123 pages, 2425 posts and barely a crossed word (apart from some bar tape colour related issues). So thank you all for a superb discussion I'm looking forward to next years already (not forgetting of course that we still have a race to go).

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Hello everybody, how are we all? I've had some computer troubles recently so have not been posting much. NSC seems to have descended it to some kind of internecine warfare in my absence, what I want to know is where do the Cycling Geeks stand on all this? To lol or not to lol: that is the question? Should we decamp to the new forum or start our own? North Stand Cycles perhaps?

It is at times like this that I am reminded what a superb thread this really is, 123 pages, 2425 posts and barely a crossed word (apart from some bar tape colour related issues). So thank you all for a superb discussion I'm looking forward to next years already (not forgetting of course that we still have a race to go).

Missed the Frome avatar Pantani, reminds me of the magical summer of sport.

A week Sunday will be at Paris Tours and I see G is riding, will take my welsh flag.

Paris Tour 2012

25 TEAMS: THE MAIN COMPETITORS (on 25/09)

Australia
Orica Greenedge (OGE): Cooke, Meyer (AUS)

Belgium
Accent Jobs - Willems Verandas’s (ACC): Ista (Bel)
Landbouwkrediet - Euphony (LAN): Juodvalkis (Lit)
Lotto-Belisol Team (LTB): Meersman (Bel)
Omega Pharma - Quick Step (OPQ): Chavanel (Fra), Steegmans (Bel), Stybar (Rtc)
Topsport Vlaanderen-Mercator (TSV): De Vreese (Bel)

Denmark
Team Saxo Bank - Tinkoff Bank (STB): Kroon (Ned), Roberts (Aus)

USA
BMC Racing Team (BMC): Ballan (Ita), Van Avermaet (Bel)
Garmin-Sharp (GRS): Maaskant (Ned), VanMarcke (Bel)
Team Type 1 - Sanofi (TT1): Bodrogi (Fra)

Spain
Euskaltel-Euskadi: Astarloza (Esp), Sicard (Fra)

France
AG2R La Mondiale (ALM): Casper, Kadri (Fra)
Auber 93 (AUB): Bacquet (Fra)
Bretagne-Schuller (BSC): Delpech, Le Bon, Lequatre (Fra)
Cofidis Le Crédit en ligne (COF): Duque (Col), Dumoulin, Petit (Fra)
FDJ-BigMat (FDJ): Bouhanni, Geslin, Soupe (Fra)
Saur-Sojasun (SAU): Hivert, Le Lay (Fra)
Team Europcar (EUC): Haddou, Turgot (Fra)
Team La Pomme - Marseille (LPM): Koretzky (Fra), Siskevicius (Lit)

Great Britain
Sky Procycling (SKY): Eisel (AUT), Thomas (GBR)

Luxembourg
Radioshack-Nissan (RNT): Fuglsang (Dan)

The Netherlands
Rabobank Cycling Team (RAB): Boom (Ned), Breschel (Dan)
Team Argos-Shimano (ARG): Barguil (Fra), Degenkolb (Ger)
Vacansoleil-DCM (VCD): De Gendt, Leukemans (Bel), Westra (Ned)

Russia
Katusha Team (KAT): Isaichev (Rus)

One name stands out though

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Not to make the Italiens left out, I see Lombardia has a new climb this Saturday that seems a bit of a pig. Gilbert is also wearing the rainbow jersey for the first time, he certainly on form, could be him and Nibali at the end.

Big name contenders

Gilbert will compete in the rainbow jersey for the first time at Lombardy and could be a contender for victory if he can stay with the leaders on the final climb.

Zaugg will wear number one and lead RadioShack-Nissan for the last time before he moves to Team Saxo Bank-Tinkoff Bank but his future team leader Alberto Contador looks more like the favourite for success after winning the Vuelta a Espana and Milano-Torino.

Contador will look to win alone and so will surely attack hard on the final climb that tops out just nine kilometres from the finish. It will be up to the likes of Joaquim Rodriguez (Katusha Team), Vincenzo Nibali (Liquigas-Cannondale) and Dan Martin (Garmin-Sharp to try and stay with him. Outsiders include Giro d'Italia winner Ryder Hesjedal (Garmin-Sharp) and Thomas Voeckler (Team Europcar).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I quickly did my team and end up with 60 credits left!

NSC's finest will be going in, but I just can't see any of the big boys doing anything.
Any post Worlds race, is just 'last week of term'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Yeah we have been an oasis of calm.

Although I feel that will change by mid Oct, when [MENTION=10856]1066familyman[/MENTION] is scouring the globe for a 'fix'.
Living off Youtube Indurain and trying to get us all excited about Cyclocross.

Oh and most definitely lol but no x.

x

BHA Swiifty

Jan 23, 2012
Burgess Hill
Yeah we have been an oasis of calm.

Although I feel that will change by mid Oct, when [MENTION=10856]1066familyman[/MENTION] is scouring the globe for a 'fix'.
Living off Youtube Indurain and trying to get us all excited about Cyclocross.

Oh and most definitely lol but no x.

x

Agreed, LOL but no xxx

did you all enter the comp for the Trek bike? :cool:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ned Boulting ‏[MENTION=511]Ned[/MENTION]boulting
Euskaltel will be recruiting some non basque riders for next year. Commentators mildly relieved. Except @mrendell who will be fuming.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Better late than never, but got our youngest (just turned 4yrs old) a balance bike today. She's struggled getting to grips with her 3 wheeled scooter and little bike with stabilsers. I can see that balance bikes are definitely the way forward so looking forward to a dry weekend so I can get her out & about on it.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just in case SB is struggling to pick a team for tomorrows race :wink:

celeste.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I may well be being stupid, but why is only 1 Garmin rider listed?

Balance bikes are definitely the way to go for young'uns
I just took the crank and chain off a Halfords cheapy. It wasn't long before I was putting it all back on again.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Pretty crappy season for VCD.
I had already put their only highlight, de Gendt in my team.

Despite nice big scores off of Sir Thomas of de Gendt I wouldn't say he was their only highlight. You can't beat a good old 'skirmisher' for regular fantasy points you know :thumbsup:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm really excited about today's race - the start list looks cracking! Giro Di Lombardia 2012: Start List | Cyclingnews.com

Fantasy team deadline is up in about half hour. I'm sticking with my team from yesterday. It's a bit of an okey cokey team as I've had so many riders in & out these past few days. Cunego, Uran, Nordhaug, Visconti & several different Italian doms have all been considered, but finally went with this:

Henao, Gilbert, Contador, Di Luca. Pellizotti, Pozzovivo, Ulissi, Verdugo, Betancur.

I suppose today's big question is whether the climbers can go at it hard and drop Gilbert before the finish? - the Muro di Sormano looks brutal!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I never got round to a proper change, and am a bit gutted they didn't feature Garmin in the start list.
So I have the cheapest team ever, with 41.7 points spare:-

Oscar Gatto
Thomas de Gendt
Samuel Sanchez
Laurens ten Dam

Diego Ulissi
Alexandr Kolobnev
Andrea Pasqualon
Nairo Quintana
Mauro Santambrogio

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I never got round to a proper change, and am a bit gutted they didn't feature Garmin in the start list.
So I have the cheapest team ever, with 41.7 points spare:-

Oscar Gatto
Thomas de Gendt
Samuel Sanchez
Laurens ten Dam

Diego Ulissi
Alexandr Kolobnev
Andrea Pasqualon
Nairo Quintana
Mauro Santambrogio
Great, no effort, no spend and close to my best result of the season.
Even more so had I been able to put NSC's finest in, first thing this morning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here