Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I'm thinking compression gear looks good at £10 a piece, merino top (all be it only 30% merino), socks, and a winter cycling shirt might be making it's way out of the store to mine on Thursday...

Some great budget kit, especially for anyone wanting to get into/do more cycling, Mountain Bike/commuting cycling shoes for Shimano pedal systems only 19.99.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm thinking compression gear looks good at £10 a piece, merino top (all be it only 30% merino), socks, and a winter cycling shirt might be making it's way out of the store to mine on Thursday...
I'd have some reservations about the Merino top.
My gut reaction would be it getting badly out of shape very quickly.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'd have some reservations about the Merino top.
My gut reaction would be it getting badly out of shape very quickly.

I'll give it a once over. Bike Radar forum (thanks for the link before!) have pretty good things to say about a lot of the stuff. After what I've spent in the last couple of weeks on bike stuff, I may just get the socks though! LOL*.

*a little bit of irony given the hysteria on NSC tonight hidden within the sanctuary of the Cycling Geeks thread...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
*a little bit of irony given the hysteria on NSC tonight hidden within the sanctuary of the Cycling Geeks thread...
I keep wanting to test my belief that we are autonomous on this thread, by putting up a picture of some boobies and commenting on them.

Once again though, I don't think tonight's the night to test [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]'s patience. LOL

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That's the problem.
I know which one I'd rather be wearing.

But more importantly which one I'd be wearing in x amount of years time.

Do cyclists intentionally go out to get each other divorced!? I think if I came in with £60+ underwear right now, it could be the straw that breaks the camels back!

Oh and the wife isn't a camel (bless, she is lovely), but the cycling is starting to give her the hump! :wink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do cyclists intentionally go out to get each other divorced!? I think if I came in with £60+ underwear right now, it could be the straw that breaks the camels back!

Oh and the wife isn't a camel (bless, she is lovely), but the cycling is starting to give her the hump! :wink:
Not if you're buy her £70's worth of skids!

But being £60+ is the reason I don't own one.

One of the best bits of kit I have, that just so happens to be a winter base layer, is one from Lusso.
That is x amount of years old and might have been £30-40 but very good VFM, and still going strong.

As with anything clearance budget stuff, there's some great value, but also some pitfalls.

Let me know when your feet get really cold I've got some great FREE tips.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not if you're buy her £70's worth of skids!

But being £60+ is the reason I don't own one.

One of the best bits of kit I have, that just so happens to be a winter base layer, is one from Lusso.
That is x amount of years old and might have been £30-40 but very good VFM, and still going strong.

As with anything clearance budget stuff, there's some great value, but also some pitfalls.

Let me know when your feet get really cold I've got some great FREE tips.

Judging by the way the weather is turning, we need those tips now! and they've also got to work with my new shoes....
1312036857-33788800.jpg

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No my top tips are for proper cold crisp mornings.
You start now you'll not ride your bike from Nov to March.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I bought my daughter a GB style cycling top from Aldi about 2 weeks for about £6.99 She was made up with it, but sadly it's only a fashion item for her. I might go along to our Lidl to see what winter jacket I can get to wear under my luminous green lightweight Halfords job. My trouble with cycling to work in the winter is that I start out freezing and arrive sweating.

Oh, and before anyone else starts on me, I will will be tuning into More4 later tonight. There!, happy now!? :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here