Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
There was I feeling sorry for Pinotti and his broken collarbone, and Phinney with his - always the bridesmaid never the bride - season and then I read the news about Victor Cabedo. Very sad news indeed, and even more tragic that he was so young.

Was looking forward to discussing the TT results, what happened to certain riders' performances and fantasy stuff etc., but it feels a bit hollow now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Going Large:-

Boonan
Gilbert
Sagan
AVV (Might come out for NSC's finest, for old time sake)
JTL
Tuft (Will come out if Ryder goes in)
+ 3 others.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
3 seasons 3 closed teams.
It can't be much fun being a female cyclist, while the men are getting everything.

It must be bad if a wet and mud splattered LA can't save the team! woof.

UCI should make every pro team have/sponsor womens team, but UCI does not seem very interested in this side of cycling, its annoying how other forms of cycling like the track can get it right, but not the professional end. I am always amazed SKY has not done this in link with British cycling.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You're not wrong.
Sky should have done it by now.
Or at least been shamed into it, either way that should be their next big announcement.

Get VP in to DS it, what could possibly go wrong :lol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Can't wait for tomorrows race. Looks to be very open.

Fantasy wise, I've found it tricky deciding what star riders to go for. So I've put in what I think is a strong dom team first, then let what's left of the budget make my mind up for me on the star riders.

Cranky

Jan 13, 2007
It is so unpredictable I was struggling to decide who to go for. In the end I picked my team in about a minute and am going to stick with what I have barring any riders pulling out at the last minute.

I'm intrigued as to what GB's tactics will be and who they are going to be riding for, depending on fitness I reckon Froome could be top man for us tomorrow.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It is so unpredictable I was struggling to decide who to go for. In the end I picked my team in about a minute and am going to stick with what I have barring any riders pulling out at the last minute.

I'm intrigued as to what GB's tactics will be and who they are going to be riding for, depending on fitness I reckon Froome could be top man for us tomorrow.

Has to be all about JTL, surely?

I also picked a team fairly quickly once I decided to get the doms in 1st. It does leave me a nagging doubt on one of my star riders in partciluar though who could either win the thing or do what Velits & Westra did to me in the ITT - namely, score bugger all!

Cranky

Jan 13, 2007

I also picked a team fairly quickly once I decided to get the doms in 1st. It does leave me a nagging doubt on one of my star riders in partciluar though who could either win the thing or do what Velits & Westra did to me in the ITT - namely, score bugger all!

I've picked JTL in my team and not Froome, so maybe that shows how confident I am in my prediction. Just got a feeling that was why he pulled out of the ITT, with Wiggo recovering from his stomach bug and JTL relatively unproven.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset

Brailsford has said it's all about JTL.

My team was picked quickly and randomly! Most people will pick JTL as he's so cheap.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's now 25-1 with Skybet.

I put a fiver on as I'll be kicking myself otherwise.

Although I'm still really gutted he's not 100+-1.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
He's now 25-1 with Skybet.

I put a fiver on as I'll be kicking myself otherwise.

Although I'm still really gutted he's not 100+-1.

That'll learn ya.

:jester:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Anyone know why Maxim Iglinsky isn't riding? I think his fantasy value is around 9 as a DS ?, which if that's the case he'd have been a shoe in for me. Seems odd he's not riding.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here